Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are you guys gonna torture us before you start pre-ordering? Love the rough field ops in the Tony Accurso videos.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Not sure on the pre-order just yet but I have my livery choice already made. :D

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• nice videos sir <Salute>

Snow Hawg....hawgs on ice. I'l take one
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Not sure on the pre-order just yet but I have my livery choice already made. :D
          I'm working on my livery and mods.....:)
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• And for you Lon..... you'll have to pay more for that one just because it looks like a toad and not a hog :p
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Lon, that looks like a A 10 that mated with a XFY Pogo! :) OV, could you tell me a little about the ov10 in your pic? like size and was it a kit, or scratch built?
              Last edited by Clearblue; Jan 7, 2017, 07:43 AM. Reason: added comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
                OV, could you tell me a little about the ov10 in your pic? like size and was it a kit, or scratch built?
                Hello Clearblue,
                That is a balsa/ply ScaleTech ARF of Rich Uravitch's 52" design that was sold by Hangar Hobby.
                Both ScaleTech and Hangar Hobby are no longer around but a short kit is still available in both 52" and 80" versions at Rich's website.

I really enjoy my Bronco but I also know it has an expiration date and we need a good foamie with the scale fidelity and superb gear for us grass turf guys.
                Please go over to my thread and jump on the wagon to implore upon Alpha to have FlightLine make us this iconic Nam era twin prop bird because we all know that foam bounces better than balsa.;)

Best regards,
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I was reading on the rc forum, motion is considering a reduction in power for the new A-10. I think that would be a bad idea due to the items listed by members as well as the most important one for me...which altitude. Many jets have power systems that work great at sea level but are terrible when you fly them in colorado. Please keep the power high. I would invite you to fly in colorado spring to ensure the power is sufficent.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyviper View Post
                    I was reading on the rc forum, motion is considering a reduction in power for the new A-10. I think that would be a bad idea due to the items listed by members as well as the most important one for me...which altitude. Many jets have power systems that work great at sea level but are terrible when you fly them in colorado. Please keep the power high. I would invite you to fly in colorado spring to ensure the power is sufficent.
                    Last I heard they were going with the prototypes power set up.

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by skyviper View Post
                      I was reading on the rc forum, motion is considering a reduction in power for the new A-10. I think that would be a bad idea due to the items listed by members as well as the most important one for me...which altitude. Many jets have power systems that work great at sea level but are terrible when you fly them in colorado. Please keep the power high. I would invite you to fly in colorado spring to ensure the power is sufficent.
                      Was that a recent post?

Comment

• Thanks OV. I have the 80" bird. bought it a couple years ago. It was built went I got it, But it's never flown.:( it has two super tiger 61's? That's not going to fly this one! I'm hopeful that one day I'll put two small gas engines on it? Or a couple .80 or .90 electric motors? It's done in the Cal fire red and white. I had planned on going with Vietnam camo scheme. With having other hobbies and working 70 plus hours a week during the summer, I just can't find the time! One day though, one day. Yes the foam OV 10 would be so sweet. I wasn't really a Foam guy, But I'm sold hook line and sinker now. These foam birds are great looking, better flying birds than we've had in the past. And there ready to fly in a fraction of the time. I'll jump over and suggest we need a OV 10 in the fleet! :) Thanks for the reply. Take care. Jim

Comment

• Tony, You make that bird looks so smooth. Love the slow speed flyby's! At 50% power she just looks in the grove? I'd say they might have beefed up the retract mounting area? That was a pretty good jolt, and I didn't see the gear come through the wing! :) Looks as Stable as a trainer, but has that BA attack platform that's been a proven asset to our troops on the ground. That's what is going to sell this bird, best of both worlds. I'm ready for one! Thanks for another tease.:dodgy: Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy
                            Hard landing test video. I absolutely love this landing gear and as my friend Bill said, "Tonka Tough!" :D
                            Impressive.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• This is going to be quite the bird, its getting so that there are two kinds of planes, the versions that FlightLine builds and the others.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
                                Tony, You make that bird looks so smooth. Love the slow speed flyby's! At 50% power she just looks in the grove? I'd say they might have beefed up the retract mounting area? That was a pretty good jolt, and I didn't see the gear come through the wing! :) Looks as Stable as a trainer, but has that BA attack platform that's been a proven asset to our troops on the ground. That's what is going to sell this bird, best of both worlds. I'm ready for one! Thanks for another tease.:dodgy: Jim
                                Stable, smooth, groves and beefed up...you covered it! Nice job describing this amazing model, Jim! :)

Comment

• No question about that, it looks to fly amazingly in every video! The slow flight especially looks fantastic to me! The gear will be great for the grass guys, and looks to be built very well. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but with a decently smooth runway I'd prefer gear that looks as scale as the rest of the model. Is there any chance that we might see an aftermarket "scale gear" add-on? Would really make the model look fantastic for those aren't doing rough field ops.

Comment

• Mike, I honesty don't know. I wonder if the aftermarket F7F mains would work or could be modified?

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                      Mike, I honesty don't know. I wonder if the aftermarket F7F mains would work or could be modified?
                                      Tony.......what is the length of the main strut from top of strut to axle center unloaded? I had mentioned earlier in the thread a similar comment like Deltas thinking of maybe using the FMS P-40B because they are beefy and scissor linked like the full size.
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                        Mike, I honesty don't know. I wonder if the aftermarket F7F mains would work or could be modified?
                                        Thanks Tony, those or the P-38 mains look fairly close if the length is right. Maybe the P-38 nose gear or a Hobbyking strut could work for the nose? Hopefully something is available at the correct length. This and a couple of other projects are making me notice how much I could use a nice metal lathe and mill, someday..

Comment

Working...
                                        X