Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I think this one will break all sales records.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Welcome, Wolpertinger!

Today was a good day for the A-10. We've finalized certain key items heading into production preparations and have begun with a couple planned "Upgrades"...

I'm glad to see the anticipation for this model. This will be our biggest, most grass capable EDF jet in our lineup to date. Look forward to more updates here as we head into the holidays. Having flight video of a flying EPO model performing as shown is an important milestone and I'm happy we were finally able to reveal some of what we've been working on for so long. Flying this big bird for six months hasn't been an easy secret to keep!

I really enjoyed Tony's video. It shows the all around performance potential of this aircraft in slow and fast flight. Keeping up with an 8s F-16 is no small feat for anyone concerned the stock setup has the grunt to carry ordnance and fly in high ASL climates, but more importantly the slow and stable passes and maneuvers indicate the model's scale flying potential. My favorite paas was the slow pass then quick throttle up and steep climbout. This is where the fan's power really shows.

I would note as well that the microphone is accentuating the higher frequencies, because in real life, the whistle is much less pronounced. Onlookers thought it was a 10 or 12 blade. The funny thing is, the tiny Eflite UMX was a screamer!

Here is a shot of the wing held up in direct light before I painted it; you can see the framework molded into the wings and stabs.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Geez, all these new aircraft makes me salivate. Have to take a mortgage out on the house and kids, haha You guys are Awesome

Comment

• I really like the slow speed potential it has demonstrated....that is appealing
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Sign me up ! Unless of course you decide to make a Vought A7 Corsair II or a really nice twin F4J Phantom II or a n A-4 Scooter. Heck, I'll take them all !
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              I'm looking forward to that!

Are you planning on flying at Apollo this weekend, Tony?
              We are laying wreaths for veterans at the National Cemetery on Saturday and may fly at Apollo on Sunday, weather permitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                You have just stated the reason why we need an F-106! As for the A-10, it just looks better and better! Debating whether I will go stock or not.. Twin changesun 14 blade units would look amazing static, and probably sound great. Just don't know if I can find low enough kv motors to get the amp draw around the same as the stock setup.
                I hear ya on the 14 blade static look but I'm very impressed by the 9 blade performance, sound, and efficiency....a great choice, if that's the final answer for the production Hog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                  I really like the slow speed potential it has demonstrated....that is appealing
                  The slow speed stability is really impressive, especially when flown on two 6S 4000 packs.

Comment

• More photos from yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                      We are laying wreaths for veterans at the National Cemetery on Saturday and may fly at Apollo on Sunday, weather permitting.
                      I hope the weather is good. The NorCal boys will be back in town - in force this time!

Bob

Comment

• This weekend?

Comment

This weekend?
                          No. Sorry. I was talking about the Sunday after seeing the Expo. - Jan 8th. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

Comment

• Got it...no worries Bob!

Comment

Got it...no worries Bob!
                              I hope some of you guys can make it that Sunday. We will have a bigger group this time. Possibly 6 pilots. Tsukai will be back this trip!

Bob

Comment

• Evelyn and I have another commitment on Jan 8th but I'm sure the guys will be out there, especially if you contact them in advance.

Comment

Evelyn and I have another commitment on Jan 8th but I'm sure the guys will be out there, especially if you contact them in advance.
                                  Ah, too bad! It is always a pleasure to see you two there!

Bob

Comment

• Looking forward to meeting the NorCal crew at AMA Expo on Saturday, Jan 7th.

Comment

• I'm hoping too see a lot of you at the Expo too. I run into Tony every year I think, ha-ha. I expect to see Alpha (aka RC Santa Claus/Saint Nick/Kris Kringle) there giving us all A-10's for our late Christmas presents! LOL :p:angel:

Comment

• HA! Have you all been good boys?
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                        X