• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing is redunkeless. WANT!
    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
      Found some great footage on the Blacksnakes. https://youtu.be/cXVYQ1_4g6o
      Nice video. The camera in the cockpit makes the pilots look like the fly with those helmets on.

Comment

• AWESOME! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!! As an old A-10 maintenance guy and Desert Storm Veteran, this model and the efforts by all who have made it possible are greatly appreciated.

Today, I flew Alpha's "Prototype" Freewing 80mm A-10 four times and it is the BEST foamy A-10 ever produced....PERIOD!!! Excellent vertical on the twin 80mm power system, robust landing gear which can handle some rough terrain...(I purposely drove it off road), smooth handling in both slow and high speed flight envelopes, and painless 2 minute breakdown for easy transport. The Freewing 80mm A-10 is easy to fly, forgiving, predictable, comfortable, grooves, very scale, and has realistic presence in the air and on the ground. Get ready for an A-10 that ranks far above the rest. As local pilots watched our flights, we were told and kept hearing, "I will be getting this model!" or "I'll take it home for you!" ;)

Over the coming weeks, I'll be posting more photos and videos as Evelyn and I evaluate this prototype at our unimproved runway and other sites here in Southern California. The Freewing/Motion RC Team have brought all of us some incredible models over the past few years and this A-10 ranks very high on that list.

Special thanks to our good friend Alpha and the entire Motion RC/Freewing Team for allowing us to evaluate/fly these amazing models. :)

Best,
        Tony & Evelyn

Comment

• All I can say right now is Awesome!

Comment

• Great stuff Tony and Alpha! That looks like it was a ton of fun. I can't wait to get out there with you all, especially when we all own one and fly in formation. Saaaawwweeeeetttttt!

Comment

• As a kid I was fascinated with the A-10. I mean everything about it. Just the shear grunt utility of its design and purpose was enough to have me reading and dreaming. Talking with pilots at local airshow's and seeing the 30mm rounds was awe inspiring. That was back when I was getting into the hobby and the thought of an R/C A-10 was like a vapor. Fast forward 40 years and things have changed so much. Model sized turbines, EDF'S and foam. Quality planes in almost any make that come in a box mostly pre-assembled and really look very good after only an hour or so of building time. Now that dream is coming true thanks to the efforts of Freewing, MRC, Alpha, yourself and countless other individuals who have decided the time is right for this A-10. Thank you. Really looking forward to the Spring!

Steve

Comment

• T-CAT - No doubt....three or four of these A-10s working the sky would be sick! Looking forward to it!

Comment

• I'm looking forward to that!

Are you planning on flying at Apollo this weekend, Tony?
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• What does this thing do on 90mm again? Christ it looks like it is zipping pretty good especially for the physical size. What was the estimated weight on this? Is it over 10lbs?

I cannot wait for this thing to land at my house. I love my FW F86!!!
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• That clinking sound you hear is me saving my pennies... :D
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I may have sold enough Plasma by the time this thing is here! Getting a bit dizzy but it's worth it!

Comment

• I'll be selling a FW Mirage 2000 PNP (outrunner), E-Flite Habu 32 (built, all servos, and TamJet struts with electric retracts, but no power system), Funfighter T-28 (PNP RedBull version), UMX P3 BNF, and a few other things. Minds well clear out more than needed for this and other stuff. LOL

if anyone is local is SoCal let me know if you're interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                            What does this thing do on 90mm again? Christ it looks like it is zipping pretty good especially for the physical size. What was the estimated weight on this? Is it over 10lbs?

I cannot wait for this thing to land at my house. I love my FW F86!!!
                            Around 12 lbs or so I have heard and that may be running 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Around 12 lbs or so I have heard and that may be running 90's.
                              This thing is gonna be epic. I am gonna see if I can interface a system so I can use my Rc tank battle system with it!!! Good excuse to finally jump into 5th scale tanks ;)
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                I'll be selling a FW Mirage 2000 PNP (outrunner), E-Flite Habu 32 (built, all servos, and TamJet struts with electric retracts, but no power system), Funfighter T-28 (PNP RedBull version), UMX P3 BNF, and a few other things. Minds well clear out more than needed for this and other stuff. LOL

if anyone is local is SoCal let me know if you're interested.
                                LOL! I just put my Mirage 2000 up for sale too. Even though it's fast, it's my least flown plane. For some reason French aviation just never turned my crank.
                                Pat

Comment

• So Toledo is the second weekend in April, Will Motion be having a presence at this upcoming Toledo Show?????? Offering the A10????? I see an overnight trip to Toledo in my very near future for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    LOL! I just put my Mirage 2000 up for sale too. Even though it's fast, it's my least flown plane. For some reason French aviation just never turned my crank.
                                    Ha-ha, yep! It's fast, small, and has the most minimal servos imaginable, yet I just don't care for it all that much, so it sits around. It's better to have planes you really look forward to flying than ones that end of collecting dust.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      You have just stated the reason why we need an F-106! As for the A-10, it just looks better and better! Debating whether I will go stock or not.. Twin changesun 14 blade units would look amazing static, and probably sound great. Just don't know if I can find low enough kv motors to get the amp draw around the same as the stock setup.

Comment

• Already warmed up the old cc for this one. Now for a nice 90mm F9F Panther.

Comment

Working...
                                        X