Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.............NEED............A............PRE-ORDER............BUTTON............ (hyperventilating)

Comment

• Hopefully we will have more info soon--Please try to hold on and breathe slowly into a paper Bag! :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post
        I.............NEED............A............PRE-ORDER............BUTTON............ (hyperventilating)
        HA, yes I can surmise the closer we get the worse it's going to feel. Especially if one missed the first orders! Yikes, better keep a yellow ribbon tied around the Oak Tree! :D

Comment

• Not me I'm happy to wait while things get finalized. Remember things shut down for the holidays in China. So a pre-order now before production begins and you guys would be climbing the walls and barking for a firm delivery date.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• [QUOTE=RCjetdude;n55021 To simulate the gun sound of an A-10 on a card (which I am leaving to the experts at Mr. RCSound) I would envision a sound triggered by a switch and played for the duration of the sound, not how long the switch is active. [/QUOTE]

We're thinking along the same lines, Steve.

With the molds in production, it's just a matter of time, guys and gals. We'll have more clear info and multimedia in the coming month once we get clear of the holidays.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanx, Alpha. SOME of us ARE waiting PATIENTLY...(maniacal laughing in background !) "Happy Holidays to You & Yours"

Comment

• I checked out the videos and this is a pretty COOL airplane!!
                Looks great in the air

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• That's very promising! Great work so far. Is that tube about foot away from your wind machine? :-) No, not making fun! Far, far from it. I'm enjoying your videos. And you sharing the work in progress.

Comment

• Thank you. Actually about 8" away.

Comment

• Here's few more photos taken a two weeks ago. More rain and wind forecasted through Saturday. We'll try to fly the prototype on Christmas day or the 26th. I want this Hog back in the air! :cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                        Here's few more photos taken a two weeks ago. More rain and wind forecasted through Saturday. We'll try to fly the prototype on Christmas day or the 26th. I want this Hog back in the air! :cool:
                        Tony.........appreciate the comparative shots especially the third, it really shows the wheel size difference and affirms what Alpha has said earlier about this bird being more than capable of handling grass strips in a response to my query on wheel sizing.
                        (you guys out west are so fortunate to have that sweet facility ;) )
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• You know, there's something about this plane that I've always liked, not that its pretty, but it is eye catching. Tony, what's it like to fly? It appears to me that she flies pretty easily, so is it a good first jet?

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Shear grunt utility functionality at its finest.....in one post Tony said it was easier to fly than the F-86 in his opinion. ;)

Comment

• Hmm,now that puts a smile on my face!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Me too.... :D

Comment

• RCjetdude, I love your progress video. Is anyone else making the BrrT sound in their head whenever the trigger is toggled? Or I am the only HogNut here?

This 80mm A-10 has a lot of wing and flies more like a trainer turbine than the smaller A-10s we've sold in the 64mm size. If any of you have flown a turbine Boomerang, it flies a bit like that it terms of weight, penetration, agility, ease of landing. Sometimes it's difficult to make a scale design fly easily in RC scales, while sometimes it's fairly straightforward. This A-10 was the latter. We anticipated some of the upcoming challenges in terms of wing strength and exhaust incidence, having learned from Freewing's smaller 64mm A-10. This saved us time when refining Freewing's 80mm A-10.

Evenso, scaling up pushes the limits of foam, which is why we ended up developing the multi-material wing. Ply ribs, intersecting carbon square rod spars, and captive aluminum receivers. Same as with the F-14 and all our other birds, we've tested the upper limits of this A-10 design so you pilots don't have to. We've folded wings at 130mph, 125mph, 100mph, 75mph airspeeds in steep dives and excessively overcontrolled direction changes. Even the real birds were limited to ~18 degrees directional changes, while we've tested out to 65 degrees in full snap. Build the wing too light, and it won't sustain the forces exerted upon it within the normal intended flight threshold. Build the wing too heavy, and sure it will survive 130+mph dives and full elevator+full aileron input, but then the wing loading shoots up and the rest of the flight experience is poor. So we've gradually and patiently tested the aircraft to find the balance between top speed, wing strength, and wing loading, where the aircraft can sustain the "yanking and banking" forces exerted upon it during normal operation and at the speeds it's powered to fly at, while still having the weight to give it good penetration without being a bear to cruise or land. The result of its cruising efficiency can be seen the in the video's we've posted so far, with throttle at 25%-30% at some points to maintain level flight, and the wing's acceptable G-load is even higher than what you've seen in the prototype videos we've posted so far. Although again, overall we've optimized this A-10 for an RC Jet's performance envelope, not a 3D envelope.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Sounds like you guys got it covered. Thanks for the effort.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yeah, I'm really impressed with this one so far, have to add it to my list. Always difficult to choose the next upward movement airplane, in my case, my first jet. One of these days this will be the one I go for.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• thats the kind of job I need, testing new planes...and seeing what their limits and vulnerabilities are..Im quite good at crashing planes ..its become a true art turning beautiful planes into origami
                                        www.TSHobbies.com
                                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                                        X