• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Tony and Evelyn for keeping us enticed. :shy:

Steve

Comment

• Thanks Steve! :)

Comment

• Tony, this bird really looks and performs great. Any updates on projected price point and release target date? Need to know how full the penny jar needs to be and by when.

Comment

• Thanks for the new tease! ;) hahahaha. She sure looks solid in the air. If that's the 80mm fans? It's fast enough! I would think even "mission ready". That combo looks like it would give you a scale flight with no issues? Really looking forward to this one.

Comment

• Hey Alpha. Cross-posting from RCG since I'm not sure how often you check there.

Out of curiosity, were fowler flaps ever investigated with the design of this A-10? Or was it going to involve too much development/additional cost to consider being integrated into the model?

Regarding the struts was there a reason going with offset instead of straight on the mains, and a fork instead of an offset for the nose? I'm guessing the mains was a design decision to simplify the mounting inside the wheel pod (if my scratch-built A-10 taught me anything) and the nose one was to provide more strength? Not nitpicking on these choices but I am genuinely curious.

Besides the AIM-9 and AL-131, what other ordnance is planned?

And, I couldn't tell from the underbelly photo, but will this model have the 3 hardpoints under the fuselage as well? I saw the embedded hardware to attach the ones on the wings, but couldn't see any on the fuse.

Cant wait to add this hog to my hanger! The announcement of this plane also helped motivate me to finish up my 1/11th scale scratchbuilt A-10 that is 4 years in the making. Mine is 63" wingspan, ~12.25lb AUW.

Comment

• That's sweet.I see that it has it's own room. Nice build. Been planning on a build this winter myself and even cleared my sons old bedroom for it.
              Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                Tony, this bird really looks and performs great. Any updates on projected price point and release target date? Need to know how full the penny jar needs to be and by when.
                Price has not been announced, release possibly Spring 2017.

Clearblue-Those are 80mm 9 blade fans.

Dirty Dee-Very nice Euro Green Hog!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                  That's sweet.I see that it has it's own room. Nice build. Been planning on a build this winter myself and even cleared my sons old bedroom for it.
                  Thanks. I need to start making a plane rack to bunk up this A-10 with its soon-to-be roommate in the spring when the FW hog gets released. My hobby space is slowly being encroached by lots of baby clothes/toy storage :P

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                  Dirty Dee-Very nice Euro Green Hog!
                  Thanks! It has been a fun learning process designing in CAD and then building it. The A-10 build has got me looking into doing a full composite layup for my next scratchbuild (1/8th scale OV-10D+)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                    Thanks! It has been a fun learning process designing in CAD and then building it. The A-10 build has got me looking into doing a full composite layup for my next scratchbuild (1/8th scale OV-10D+)
                    Nice work on the A-10! I'm sure your OV-10 scratchbuild will be great as well. I'm sure it will definitely catch the attention of a certain Bronco-focused member :D.

Comment

• What are the flight times, battery size, and weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                        Nice work on the A-10! I'm sure your OV-10 scratchbuild will be great as well. I'm sure it will definitely catch the attention of a certain Bronco-focused member :D.
                        Yes it is and yes he has...........but I'm still leaning on Alpha to have FL do a 1500 sized foam Bronco because I just know it will be a hit for ALL us grass strip pilots ;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The ultimate foamy EDF A-10! :)

Comment

• Nope!!!. Missing all the muscle slung under the wings ;)
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• The muscle will come in due time, Master Jedi! ;)

Comment

• Actually I should have said, still needs that dressed to kill ;) "Lingerie" ;)
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Happy New Year everyone! It's going to be HOGTASTIC!

Comment

• Put me on the list for a hawg
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• It's 2017........andddddd that brings us closer to Pre-order. :D

Comment

• I'm looking forward to this plane as well, I think this could be a great addition to the stable.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• +1 I love scale birds and this one looks great, but that Avanti S looks like an awsome flyer too. What to do, what to do.......

Comment

Working...
                                          X