First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe 50 or 60 5000 mah 6s.
    Dewey l

Comment

• Any plans for optional ordnance packages? Would love to see CBUs, GBUs, and JDAMS as options.

Comment

• sounds like the ordnance department would be a great aftermarket item for someone who does 3D printing/sculpting and can cast in a lightweight plastic
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I fond this on RCGroups: "The aircraft can house a pair of 6s 4000 batteries, just like those recommended for the Freewing F-14D, and up to a pair 6s 6600s! So all of you stuffing 6s 5800s into your Tomcats won't have to worry with this big A-10."

Comment

• Originally posted by ckankel View Post
            Any plans for optional ordnance packages? Would love to see CBUs, GBUs, and JDAMS as options.

HI ckankel, welcome to Hobbysquawk! We don't have plans for additional ordnance packages at this time, other than the one we've created here. The reality is the cost to mold a wider variety of weapons has never come close to paying for itself in the past. However, for pilots wanting other ordnance other than what we're making, I recommend the 1/10 scale ordnance set from Jethangar.com that matches the Freewing's ~1/10 A-10. Jetmang is a member here, and he and his father run that website. They sell a wide variety of products, including highly detailed pilot figures that fit many of our planes, ordnance sets, 3D printed parts, and not to mention their high quality glass/wood ARFs/KITs.

There is also our friend Keith at Parkflyerplastics.com. He produces a wide range of hop ups in plastic that go together quickly and in my experience are vacuum formed very nicely.

ParkFlyer Plastics radio control (R/C) aircraft hobby source offers an extensive line of RC model short kits and add-on accessory scale kits for radio control airplanes including items such as bombs, armaments, radial engines, pilots, missiles, engine cowlings, and more. All parts are now available on this site. Keith Sparks is the designer of the kits and author of the book Building with Foam, which is available on this site.

Jamiew, welcome to Hobbysquawk as well!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here is more information about the Freewing 80mm A-10's ordnance set and its primary features.

1) Correct pylon shape. Due to the shape of the wing, and the fact that on the real A-10 the pylons are not identical, we have actually molded four separate designs of pylon, each suited to fit at the correct station (#1, 2, 3, 4, and 8, 9, 10, 11). The outer pylons near the wing tips (#1 and #11) are the shorter pylons. The pictures show this better than I can describe.The three fuselage stations (#5, 6, and 7) are not molded, but installing the MWS hardware linked below is a quick affair for a modeler wanting to add those stations.

2) Correct ordnance proportions. The factory painted sets will use accurate colors, too.

3) Correct downward mounting angle. The ordnance on the real A-10 faces slightly downward, not straight ahead.

4) Completely removable and exchangeable pylons and ordnance. Each wing includes four factory installed slide clips, using the same design as our Freewing 90mm F-15 and F-16, and the twin 80mm F-14, for example. The pylons slide onto the clips, giving the user the option to fly with zero or a mixture of empty pylons, or with a mixture of ordnance on different pylons, even if their desired mix doesn't match the "real" configuration. All of the weapons themselves can be moved to any pylon. Two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, two Mk.83 bombs, two AGM-65 Maverick missiles, one LAU-131 rocket pod, one ALQ-131 ECM pod, and one Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod. However, the intended "real" configuration is as shown in the picture with the Avanti. These are BIG weapons,with most being 9.5"-12.5" long. Notice the 12" ruler.

5) Aftermarket. As I mentioned above, Jethangar has a 1/10 ordnance sets including triple racks and other goodies, which should scale well with the Freewing 80mm A-10. You'd need to install Freewing's MWS sliding clips to work with the Freewing pylons, but those sliding clips are available at four pairs for only $2: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...hment-hardware. I'm unsure what of the Parkflyerplastics.com weapons will fit, but I highly recommend his work as well. To give a rough idea compared to his weapon scales, our AIM-9 is 10.75" long and the Mk.83 bomb is 12.5" long.

I'll paint these up tomorrow. Stay tuned!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Those look really good Alpha. Can't wait for this one. Already have the paint scheme picked out.

Comment

• Definitely awesome... Would jethangar or parkflyerplastics have the inboard tri-clusters seen on this bird (sorry not an ordinance guy, I don't know what you call them)? Man that just looks so sweet and will finish off my Arctic Aggressor scheme... :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7217.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	460.8 KB
ID:	58983

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Sweet! So this is it then?

6x Mark 82 500 lb bomb with triple ejector rack kit
                    (builds 6 complete mk82 bombs with LD or HD fins and 2 triple ejector racks, 1/10 scale)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mk82TER.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	58993
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg
                      Yes. JetHangar has the triple ejector rack. Just go to their website, Accessories, scroll down to bottom of Aircraft Ordnance. For 2 triple ejector racks you'd be looking at $200 and that's for the kits. Another few hours assembling and painting.
                      Looks like 6 bombs (2 triple ejector racks) are $100. Am I looking at that correctly? I just picked up their 1/10th scale jet pilot. Looks pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        Here is more information about the Freewing 80mm A-10's ordnance set and its primary features.

1) Correct pylon shape. Due to the shape of the wing, and the fact that on the real A-10 the pylons are not identical, we have actually molded four separate designs of pylon, each suited to fit at the correct station (#1, 2, 3, 4, and 8, 9, 10, 11). The outer pylons near the wing tips (#1 and #11) are the shorter pylons. The pictures show this better than I can describe.The three fuselage stations (#5, 6, and 7) are not molded, but installing the MWS hardware linked below is a quick affair for a modeler wanting to add those stations.

2) Correct ordnance proportions. The factory painted sets will use accurate colors, too.

3) Correct downward mounting angle. The ordnance on the real A-10 faces slightly downward, not straight ahead.

4) Completely removable and exchangeable pylons and ordnance. Each wing includes four factory installed slide clips, using the same design as our Freewing 90mm F-15 and F-16, and the twin 80mm F-14, for example. The pylons slide onto the clips, giving the user the option to fly with zero or a mixture of empty pylons, or with a mixture of ordnance on different pylons, even if their desired mix doesn't match the "real" configuration. All of the weapons themselves can be moved to any pylon. Two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, two Mk.83 bombs, two AGM-65 Maverick missiles, one LAU-131 rocket pod, one ALQ-131 ECM pod, and one Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod. However, the intended "real" configuration is as shown in the picture with the Avanti. These are BIG weapons,with most being 9.5"-12.5" long. Notice the 12" ruler.

5) Aftermarket. As I mentioned above, Jethangar has a 1/10 ordnance sets including triple racks and other goodies, which should scale well with the Freewing 80mm A-10. You'd need to install Freewing's MWS sliding clips to work with the Freewing pylons, but those sliding clips are available at four pairs for only $2: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...hment-hardware. I'm unsure what of the Parkflyerplastics.com weapons will fit, but I highly recommend his work as well. To give a rough idea compared to his weapon scales, our AIM-9 is 10.75" long and the Mk.83 bomb is 12.5" long.

I'll paint these up tomorrow. Stay tuned!
                        Awesome

Mike.
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

HI ckankel, welcome to Hobbysquawk! We don't have plans for additional ordnance packages at this time, other than the one we've created here. The reality is the cost to mold a wider variety of weapons has never come close to paying for itself in the past. However, for pilots wanting other ordnance other than what we're making, I recommend the 1/10 scale ordnance set from Jethangar.com that matches the Freewing's ~1/10 A-10. Jetmang is a member here, and he and his father run that website. They sell a wide variety of products, including highly detailed pilot figures that fit many of our planes, ordnance sets, 3D printed parts, and not to mention their high quality glass/wood ARFs/KITs.

There is also our friend Keith at Parkflyerplastics.com. He produces a wide range of hop ups in plastic that go together quickly and in my experience are vacuum formed very nicely.

ParkFlyer Plastics radio control (R/C) aircraft hobby source offers an extensive line of RC model short kits and add-on accessory scale kits for radio control airplanes including items such as bombs, armaments, radial engines, pilots, missiles, engine cowlings, and more. All parts are now available on this site. Keith Sparks is the designer of the kits and author of the book Building with Foam, which is available on this site.

Jamiew, welcome to Hobbysquawk as well!
                          Understand completely and thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg
                            Yes. JetHangar has the triple ejector rack. Just go to their website, Accessories, scroll down to bottom of Aircraft Ordnance. For 2 triple ejector racks you'd be looking at $200 and that's for the kits. Another few hours assembling and painting.
                            wow, that price is ridiculous for a vac form kit.
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Looks like 6 bombs (2 triple ejector racks) are $100. Am I looking at that correctly? I just picked up their 1/10th scale jet pilot. Looks pretty good.
                              yes, my mistake.. Looks like you get a dual set ( 2-racks) for $100, not $200.

And yes, I love their pilot figures. I have half a dozen or so. I just wish they'd do a 1/10 scale "Sabre" pilot.

Comment

• They are actually $100 for 2 triple racks and 6 bombs but still...

Comment

• Jetmang's weapon set can be finished into Scale Masters quality TER, it has all manner of extra details in plastic and resin. Admittedly it might be overkill for this A-10, but hey, it is the only 1/10 TER kit I know of. And it looks great!

It's raining kittens and horses over here, so I didn't accomplish much painting. But the base colors have been correctly scale effected and laid down. More to come as this week dries out.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• when did they start mounting cell phones on the A10?
                                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                      when did they start mounting cell phones on the A10?
                                      LOL! Good one.

Comment

• That is a rip TS, damn near snorted my refreshment ;) all over the keyboard.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                        X