Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with you guys, I simply can't wait for this A-10! Outstanding job Alpha and FW for what is obviously a superior-engineered model A-10.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
      That large loop was quite impressive, especially with a full loadout. It's obvious how much power it has and should fly quite scale-like with ease.
      Yup, you can take a powerful EDF plane and fly it "scale" all day long if that's what you want. But take an "adequately" powered EDF plane that "should" or "must" be flown scale and try that without it falling on its head. I've had too many jets that can't quite make it over the top. That always relates back to other inadequacies of the flight envelope. Those are the first ones that get eliminated from my collection (or get beefed up). For a few dollars more (and not that much more), this A-10 comes the way these things should have all along.
      BTW, I've cancelled my "hold" on the other one. I'd ultimately hang that one up and just look at it "under glass" - too expensive for a hanger queen. They rushed that one to market way too quickly and didn't attend to ALL the important bits (landing gear, horizontal stab incident and most important of all -- POWER).

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        Yup, you can take a powerful EDF plane and fly it "scale" all day long if that's what you want. But take an "adequately" powered EDF plane that "should" or "must" be flown scale and try that without it falling on its head. I've had too many jets that can't quite make it over the top. That always relates back to other inadequacies of the flight envelope. Those are the first ones that get eliminated from my collection (or get beefed up). For a few dollars more (and not that much more), this A-10 comes the way these things should have all along.
        BTW, I've cancelled my "hold" on the other one. I'd ultimately hang that one up and just look at it "under glass" - too expensive for a hanger queen. They rushed that one to market way too quickly and didn't attend to ALL the important bits (landing gear, horizontal stab incident and most important of all -- POWER).
        Yep, it's what I want. I prefer to fly scale planes in a scale-like manner; I have hot-rods for pure speed if that's what I'm in the mood for. Folks can do what they want of course; it's their plane and I don't pass judgment (I may tease, but it's all in good fun). I like the fact that this has more than enough power to easily replicate its full-scale counterpart, but has plenty in reserve to do a nice big loop or get itself out of trouble. This is most likely going to be just like my Freewing DH-112 Venom V2.... I cruise at 40% throttle but blast it to 100% on a straight-up climb, as I love watching the expression on people's faces who still think electric flight - especially EDFs - are "noisy" and "slow" and "short". :D

Comment

• I'm right there with you, Mike_Then! I admit I love the look on people's faces when they see what the cutting edge of the EDF market looks like these days. This afternoon a friend who owns the BVM A-10 came over and gawked at this Freewing A-10 after I landed. He about fell over when I told him the projected price, which is the cost of his A-10's *COCKPIT* alone. Now granted, this foamy isn't a BVM A-10, but in the air, I would be hard pressed to say the BVM is worth the 15-20 times more that he paid. Of course, comparing apples to oranges isn't constructive, but my point is that foamies have come a long way in giving a wider market access to products of satisfying diversity, quality, and performance. Almost all of the turbine drivers at my airfield fly Stinger 90s, Stregas, or Carbon Z T-28s.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Yep, it's what I want. I prefer to fly scale planes in a scale-like manner; I have hot-rods for pure speed if that's what I'm in the mood for. Folks can do what they want of course; it's their plane and I don't pass judgment (I may tease, but it's all in good fun). I like the fact that this has more than enough power to easily replicate its full-scale counterpart, but has plenty in reserve to do a nice big loop or get itself out of trouble. This is most likely going to be just like my Freewing DH-112 Venom V2.... I cruise at 40% throttle but blast it to 100% on a straight-up climb, as I love watching the expression on people's faces who still think electric flight - especially EDFs - are "noisy" and "slow" and "short". :D
            My new Venom (red, Swiss theme) is hanging from my ceiling waiting for its spring maiden. I'll probably have both of these to maiden at the same time.

Comment

• LX A-10 in the works for 70mm Schubler fans and a CGRC A-10 78" wingspan on the way. It will be nice to see the FW A-10 when it arrives. I'm an A-10 junky.

Comment

• The Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 soaking up the sunshine in Southern California.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  I'm right there with you, Mike_Then! I admit I love the look on people's faces when they see what the cutting edge of the EDF market looks like these days. This afternoon a friend who owns the BVM A-10 came over and gawked at this Freewing A-10 after I landed. He about fell over when I told him the projected price, which is the cost of his A-10's *COCKPIT* alone. Now granted, this foamy isn't a BVM A-10, but in the air, I would be hard pressed to say the BVM is worth the 15-20 times more that he paid. Of course, comparing apples to oranges isn't constructive, but my point is that foamies have come a long way in giving a wider market access to products of satisfying diversity, quality, and performance. Almost all of the turbine drivers at my airfield fly Stinger 90s, Stregas, or Carbon Z T-28s.
                  I've been seeing that at our field. We used to be just gassers, nitros and the occasional jet but a couple of us have been dragging our foamies and EDF's to the field for a few years now along with our gassers and more and more of the gasser 3D guys are like "dang, that's really cool. You only paid how much for that!" Now almost everyone except the few die hard's have at least a couple foamies and one of the biggest gasser guys has every Freewing EDF now and then some! Yes, Foam has come a long way. You should have heard the guys when I first took FW 90mm F-104 and F-14 down there for the first time and they really started gawking and jabbering when I took my FLRC "Firecat" to the field. They can't believe you can have such a nice airplane for what they cost and you can fly it in just a couple hours from opening the box.

Comment

• Nice looking bird for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                      The Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 soaking up the sunshine in Southern California.
                      Tony, are the wheel nacelles screwed into the wing or molded?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Tony, are the wheel nacelles screwed into the wing or molded?
                        They're molded and I believe glued on at the factory.

Comment

• Bouncing between forums reading about this bird. And after watching the videos from Tony? I do believe this is one bird that's going to go out the door, faster than a Sailor with three days shore leave! ;) From what Tony's flight videos have shown, It's solid as a rock. Coupled with that sound and the outright BA reputation of an A10? Bouya!

Comment

• Thanks Clearblue!

This A-10 sells itself and I'm thankful for the opportunity to test drive it from time to time.

Comment

• I'm just hoping it doesn't crash Motion's website from the clicks that will hit when the pre-order button goes live.
                              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

I've been seeing that at our field. We used to be just gassers, nitros and the occasional jet but a couple of us have been dragging our foamies and EDF's to the field for a few years now along with our gassers and more and more of the gasser 3D guys are like "dang, that's really cool. You only paid how much for that!" Now almost everyone except the few die hard's have at least a couple foamies and one of the biggest gasser guys has every Freewing EDF now and then some! Yes, Foam has come a long way. You should have heard the guys when I first took FW 90mm F-104 and F-14 down there for the first time and they really started gawking and jabbering when I took my FLRC "Firecat" to the field. They can't believe you can have such a nice airplane for what they cost and you can fly it in just a couple hours from opening the box.
                                Same at my field. I've only been flying for 3 years, solely EDFs, and when I first went to my field it was 100% prop planes...

Fast forward three years and it's about 60% EDFs now from seeing me rock so many Freewing etc planes and helping them transition over. It's awesome not being the only EDF pilot anymore haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                  I'm just hoping it doesn't crash Motion's website from the clicks that will hit when the pre-order button goes live.
                                  I was thinking about that too, but to put things in perspective, we're but a very small portion of what an average e-commerce website should be able to handle. There's probably only going to be about 2000 - 3000 of us that will actually be awake when the order button goes live.

And speaking of, I hope that MotionRC limits the sale of the A-10 to one per customer... at least just during the preorder phase. I think it's only fair that those that wish to order a 'spare', to hold off so we ALL can get our shiny new toy first-time around. ;)

Comment

I was thinking about that too, but to put things in perspective, we're but a very small portion of what an average e-commerce website should be able to handle. There's probably only going to be about 2000 - 3000 of us that will actually be awake when the order button goes live.

And speaking of, I hope that MotionRC limits the sale of the A-10 to one per customer... at least just during the preorder phase. I think it's only fair that those that wish to order a 'spare', to hold off so we ALL can get our shiny new toy first-time around. ;)
                                    To put things in perspective ................ Amazon in 2015 had a NET revenue of 107 Billion US dollars. Imagine what the Gross was and what it was for 2016 and what it's going to be this year. And to make this pale in comparison, Alibaba sold 485 Billion US dollars worth of goods in 2016 within their own country and their sales have been exponentially expanding to the rest of the world in this century. To generate that kind of eCommerce action, they'd have to have millions and millions of transaction per day.
                                    So no, I highly doubt that this one model pre-order will crash Motion's server. If it does, they need to ditch that Commodore 64.

Comment

So no, I highly doubt that this one model pre-order will crash Motion's server. If it does, they need to ditch that Commodore 64.
                                      HA HA! Commodore 64 :D

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

To put things in perspective ................ Amazon in 2015 had a NET revenue of 107 Billion US dollars. Imagine what the Gross was and what it was for 2016 and what it's going to be this year. And to make this pale in comparison, Alibaba sold 485 Billion US dollars worth of goods in 2016 within their own country and their sales have been exponentially expanding to the rest of the world in this century. To generate that kind of eCommerce action, they'd have to have millions and millions of transaction per day.
                                        We're on the same page there; I work as an IT Analyst for a small Southeastern-based bank on their online banking team. We normally have ~4000 unique logins/minute during our peak which translates to an average of over 200,000 unique logins/day. It's a pretty robust system to be able to handle that kind of volume... and we're not even in the top 10!

Comment

LOL! Yes to alleviate worry, I can tell you we're on a dedicated server that has a bit more capacity than the Commodore 64. :D

My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X