Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unpainted version might not be a bad idea especially with so many sounding like they want to do the Arctic camo.

Comment

• I think it's an Excellent Idea! You could go any direction that you's choose. And with Callies working up the graphic's? It's as open ended as they come. Get's my vote. For what it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

The original plan was 100A ESC's, correct? Did you scale back the motor KV you originally had that was shown in the prototype videos? The reason I ask is because I remember you explaining the current being between the 80-90 range per side.
        Any clarification on this Alpha?

Comment

• I would take the green over the gray, if offered simultaneously. That said, if the second color choice after gray was unpainted, FW saves some hastle and presumably $$, based on the manufacturing details Alpha laid on us earlier with prepping a second color mold, matching color lines and so forth. Maybe just a simple mind, but one base color might eliminate some trouble there. Green or Arctic graphics from Callie might be an easy option, and Callie makes some bread. Lastly the truly gifted painters and hot modders out there, or just avid Hawg lovers ;), may buy two to ten so they can go nuts and mod 'til their fingers bleed. Who's the loser here besides FMS and my wallet??:Confused:

Comment

Any clarification on this Alpha?
            They're 100A ESCs in the stock setup. Good catch, I figured it wouldn't be long before someone saw that.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I will take one gray one, please............LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

They're 100A ESCs in the stock setup. Good catch, I figured it wouldn't be long before someone saw that.
                Excellent, that makes me feel better because my Stinger 90 power systems will still work if I decide to do so. It makes it a very easy swap and I'm looking to keep it KISS (Keep It Stupid Simple) principle. This will allow me to do just that when/if I decide to and still maintain good headroom on the maximum limits of other components like the ESC's. Thanks a ton ;)

Comment

• Any more info on the "new" pilot for the A-10 you were hinting about ? Keep up the great work.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Given a choice with most aircraft I buy, of having it come painted or unpainted, I'd go unpainted virtually every time. I agree with the guys that the Arctic Camo is a winner, so if the choices are between a green or a grey painted plane, it's definitely easier to start from grey. The ultimate would be to start from white. Recall the paint job on the Pandoras I did. So easy..
                    I'm seriously considering this to be my first jet, there's just something about this bird, but it would end up in Arctic Camo.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• OK, putting my scale geek hat on here.

Looking at various loadouts, the A-10 looks really cool with not only TER's (Assuming only A/A37B-5E or BRU-42. Assuming TER-9 only used on supersonic aircraft ) but also the triple Maverick launchers (LAU-88/A) but from what I've read they say the LAU-88/A was not a common loadout as it burned the landing gear. I guess since our models won't be burning anything other than batteries we can do any loadout we choose but looking for historical accuracy here. Also, what is the rack designation for the duel Hellfire loadout? Any ex A-10 crew verify this?

Comment

• I agree, this one is destined to be in the arctic scheme!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                          To answer you question.....Yes I'm working on a "BRRRRRRRRRT" sound file, for both the Mr. RCSound Aspire, Shockwave2, and ESS Air sound systems. It's really not that hard to do. and I think based on Size and weight, and cost, Im looking at the ESS Air system as a better choice

Actually already have it done....weeks ago ;) will show it off and demonstrate when the plane arrives.
                          Hi Brandon and all. I have just been in touch with Dave at www.modelsoundsinc.com and their Shockwave2 system has 98 pre-configured sound set files, including the A-10's, which includes the GAU 30mm cannon, the sounds of the turbines spooling up and a missile firing. He sent me a sample of each and they sounded pretty good, but I suggested that the BRRRT sound of the gun wasn't quite right. His was taken from this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4 In my opinion the echo from the room enclosure isn't what we want.

He told me to send him a you tube clip of one I thought was better, and I sent him this one:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

He offered to extract any sound file and put it on his system, so I think this issue is going to be well every covered! Maybe one of you has a better clip to send? As far as the smoke system goes, wouldn't the Mr. RC Sound smoke system offered by Motion RC do the job? Looks like a really great solution to me, but have no idea as to its suitabilty for fitting , effect on CG, and connecting to the gun properly. Anyone??

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            Alpha...........I'll pass on the green also, but how about considering as a second color alternative a plain non painted version.
                            This scheme has been asked for on some many birds across so many forums so that any modeler may paint their prize however to their own individual desires.
                            And one less cost factor to be considered!!!;)
                            I'd go for a unpainted one too!

Comment

• My favorite all time paint scheme is no doubt the Arctic Camo, and I painted my 64mm Freewing A-10 that scheme. However, a muchhhhhh greater attention needs to be had to its duration in sunlight and heat. Even with just its flights that it spends time in the sun, it's likely you'll still see some apparent disfigurement of the black painted foam parts of the plane. Mine lasted well and still looked excellent, but I made a conscious effort to keep it out of the sun and in the shade constantly. I still saw some slight popcorn/alligator skin effect of the black painted foam (that's with some clear polycrylic over it as well, although not UV protective). So, it's a trade off unfortunately. I'm not sure I really like any other paint scheme on an A-10, so I minds well go with Gray to worry less about the foam disfigurement. The absolute best part of the Gray schemes is the awesome nose art and how well it stands out, especially the Blacksnakes nose art for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                From my last experience of buying a Venom shipped to Alberta from Motion, choose UPS expedited. It'll be the cheapest and most of the brokerage fees are taken care of at the time of sale. My Venom was about <$50.00 at check out and UPS send me another bill for about $15.00 (some goofy admin fee +tax). This plane will be in a bigger box and cost more, so shipping will be more.
                                Not too bad!

Comment

My favorite all time paint scheme is no doubt the Arctic Camo, and I painted my 64mm Freewing A-10 that scheme. However, a muchhhhhh greater attention needs to be had to its duration in sunlight and heat. Even with just its flights that it spends time in the sun, it's likely you'll still see some apparent disfigurement of the black painted foam parts of the plane. Mine lasted well and still looked excellent, but I made a conscious effort to keep it out of the sun and in the shade constantly. I still saw some slight popcorn/alligator skin effect of the black painted foam (that's with some clear polycrylic over it as well, although not UV protective). So, it's a trade off unfortunately. I'm not sure I really like any other paint scheme on an A-10, so I minds well go with Gray to worry less about the foam disfigurement. The absolute best part of the Gray schemes is the awesome nose art and how well it stands out, especially the Blacksnakes nose art for me.
                                  Yes, we all know what happens under the canopy in our black painted cockpits. May have to make a reflective cover to throw over the plane if can't put it in a shady spot.

Comment

• Ha-ha, those cockpits really reflect some heat for sure. It's popcorn city in no time. I thought it was cool to see manufacturers putting little vents in their canopies to reduce heat build-up.

Yeah, a cover, blanket, or something seems to work good if shade isn't nearby. It's a toss up for me at this point because I love the Arctic, but could live with the simplicity and less worrisome gray paint scheme :D. Ha-ha

Comment

• I go in from the underside where it won't get seen and put vent holes in the cockpit.
                                      AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                                        I go in from the underside where it won't get seen and put vent holes in the cockpit.
                                        It helps but it doesn't prevent it from happening.

Comment

• I've posted this a couple times and it deserves more...This is destined to be my livery once she's in my hands...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7217.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	460.8 KB
ID:	60959
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X