Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the military's new targeting pod. iPpd all over again.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Ha ha ha! Funny!

Comment

• Bench space has been cleared for the Hawg.....
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Big sticks for a big bird. Removable pylons, and removable ordnance.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Cool Alpha! This is going to be a great bird!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• More pictures coming in a few hours with its brothers and sisters...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tahnk's Alpha for the photo's. I am in for this one and have been waiting since my LX burned in many years ago.

Comment

• Me likey. Want buy now button to push.
                  My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• oooo yeah those look great!
                    www.TSHobbies.com
                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Me ready to push buy button too......it's going to be a long month.............:)

Comment

• Regulus and Hannibal side by side gives a good general impression of size of this big bird. Yes still easier to transport with its removable wings than the Tomcat with its wings swept back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          We're targeting a lower price than the F-14Dand doing our best to deliver the best product at a reasonable and widely accessible price. I want as many people who want a big A-10 to have access to one without breaking the bank.

We continue to increase our initial batch counts with each new release, and we're elated that overall each new releases continue to push that requirement even higher. The F7F was released only a week ago, with our largest initial by far that was supposed to last for months, and there are only 14 left for pre-order in that first shipment as I write this.
                          Alpha.........Any closer to a firm price point?? and preorder/release date??
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• We're closing in on our original target of $499 for the 80mm A-10 PNP's pre-order, with the pre-order starting in about ~4 weeks. Still unofficial for now, but we'll have official, 100% confirmed information around Feb 11.

Comment

• Excellent pics of the new planes!

Comment

• Warbird, Scale Jet, Sport Jet, oh my! Can't ever say we don't diversify.

Comment

• Awesome! This thing looks huge, and the ordnance looks on point! Have you considered a scale gear add on kit for this for those with nice runways? I am still debating between this and the FMS, but a scale gear kit for this model would be the last thing needed to seal my interest ;).

Comment

• Thanks, Delta Dart! Much appreciated. :)

After the many requests to make scale aircraft more grass capable, we've committed to the durable TL suspension struts shown this far in this A-10 as the final mass production PNP equipment (with the exception of the wheels, which will be accurately scale). There aren't many jets in our current or upcoming lineup for our exclusively grass-field friends so this bird is hopefully a break from that. Xplaneguy's landing video hopefully gives those guys hope that this A-10 won't need to be babied, and can operate comfortably at Triple Tree and other grass fields.

We do have a scale oleo nose strut designed as a separate Option for better looks on pavement, but it will depend on the machining cost and run size if we actually end up offering it. I won't know that until early February.

A scale oleo main strut wasn't designed, though. Our tests on grass with oleos weren't favorable.

Hope that clears it up. Nice Huey, by the way! I just saw your pictures from last year.

Comment

Warbird, Scale Jet, Sport Jet, oh my! Can't ever say we don't diversify.
                                      Nice line up. You get to play with all the cool toys!

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! I actually just got a larger 500 size Huey, that is going to be done up as a 174th AHC Frog gunship, and am selling off my 450 version. I got a deal on the bigger one that was hard to pass up.. Thanks for for the info on the the A-10 as well, I'll be awaiting the decision on the nose strut.

Comment

Here is more information about the Freewing 80mm A-10's ordnance set and its primary features.

1) Correct pylon shape. Due to the shape of the wing, and the fact that on the real A-10 the pylons are not identical, we have actually molded four separate designs of pylon, each suited to fit at the correct station (#1, 2, 3, 4, and 8, 9, 10, 11). The outer pylons near the wing tips (#1 and #11) are the shorter pylons. The pictures show this better than I can describe.The three fuselage stations (#5, 6, and 7) are not molded, but installing the MWS hardware linked below is a quick affair for a modeler wanting to add those stations.

2) Correct ordnance proportions. The factory painted sets will use accurate colors, too.

3) Correct downward mounting angle. The ordnance on the real A-10 faces slightly downward, not straight ahead.

4) Completely removable and exchangeable pylons and ordnance. Each wing includes four factory installed slide clips, using the same design as our Freewing 90mm F-15 and F-16, and the twin 80mm F-14, for example. The pylons slide onto the clips, giving the user the option to fly with zero or a mixture of empty pylons, or with a mixture of ordnance on different pylons, even if their desired mix doesn't match the "real" configuration. All of the weapons themselves can be moved to any pylon. Two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, two Mk.83 bombs, two AGM-65 Maverick missiles, one LAU-131 rocket pod, one ALQ-131 ECM pod, and one Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod. However, the intended "real" configuration is as shown in the picture with the Avanti. These are BIG weapons,with most being 9.5"-12.5" long. Notice the 12" ruler.

5) Aftermarket. As I mentioned above, Jethangar has a 1/10 ordnance sets including triple racks and other goodies, which should scale well with the Freewing 80mm A-10. You'd need to install Freewing's MWS sliding clips to work with the Freewing pylons, but those sliding clips are available at four pairs for only $2: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...hment-hardware. I'm unsure what of the Parkflyerplastics.com weapons will fit, but I highly recommend his work as well. To give a rough idea compared to his weapon scales, our AIM-9 is 10.75" long and the Mk.83 bomb is 12.5" long.

I'll paint these up tomorrow. Stay tuned!
                                          Looks Fabulous....Very impressed :)
                                          Brandon Moon

Comment

Working...
                                          X