X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
    Live and work east of indianapolis. Two to four of the 163rd a-10s fly over my work on avg once a week and i catch them on weekends at my home once a month or so. At work they tolerate me running outside to watch them. I do have to face some ribbing about "wood" if you get my gist. Somtimes they will say "hi" to the army helicopter base across the highway. Seen them low enough directly overhead to see the grime and wrinkles. For years it has and still fills me with awe. I cant wait to get my hands on the new 80.
    I envy you and that army helicopter base across the highway. I'd love for Hogs to say "hi" every once an a while outside my window.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Blackhawks literally flying around all day. 51 yrs old, grew up a model builder. Love being able to fly what was static on my shelves and in my books. In the three years i've been flying my fw 64mm a-10 only once have the blacksnakes flown over when i was in the air. For 20ish seconds i was one of them. Envy those pilots. Living vicariously is still living.
      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Happy Friday, everyone! If you only have 30 seconds in your day, fast forward to the 3:00 minute mark.

Here's a brief sneak preview of Motion RC's latest development project with Freewing, a twin 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt II, aka Warthog! This big 1700mm wingspa...

Comment

• Open the preorder...
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I'll be your huckleberry
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Mike,
              The included decal sheet features markings from Indiana's 163rd Fighter Squadron "Blacksnakes", Louisiana's 47th Fighter Squadron "Termites", and the 23rd Fighter Group "Flying Tigers" stationed in Georgia.
              I see a lot of Blacksnakes in the future.....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                Open the preorder...
                Agreed. Take MUH MONEY!

Comment

• Excellent video and it looks fantastic.

Any particular reason not to go with 130A ESC's versus the 100A (from the specs. stated in the video) for production runs? Money?

I also noticed the specs. state 9-blade fans as well. On an A-10, less blades look worse, let alone the sound can be a tad different from the drop in impeller blades.

Comment

Happy Friday, everyone! If you only have 30 seconds in your day, fast forward to the 3:00 minute mark.

Here's a brief sneak preview of Motion RC's latest development project with Freewing, a twin 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt II, aka Warthog! This big 1700mm wingspa...

Was this with the motors where you were clocking 110? Sweet video. Thanks for sharing that Alpha.

Comment

• T-Cat, we went with the 100As because of lower weight, lower cost, and the fact that the fan is peaking at 90A then settling lower, and cruising lower than that, so the 130A wasn't needed for the 80mm PNP setup.

A brief comparison: The 80mm Mirage/Intruder/Sabre/etc 1750kv outrunner on the 12B fan that we've been using for three years flies this A-10 well. More whoosh but less grunt, and lower amp draw up possibly the same flight time because you're powering up more often. The 80mm MiG-21 12B 1800kv outrunner is probably too hot for this plane. This A-10 really doesn't need more power above the stock setup, as evidenced by the video. I'd say at this point any of the 80mm inrunner setups are overkill as well. At that point, get the 90mm nacelle and drop in an efficient 6B setup on 6s for added thrust and try to shed some top speed. I have a video of the old Freewing 90mm 6B 6s setup flying the A-10 around just fine, if you don't mind the whine.

RCjetdude, yes, this is one of the models that clocked 110mph. It was actually 108mph, but close enough. To most pilot's eyes, 95mph and 110mph level speed is very difficult to distinguish on most models unless they're flying near each other at the same time. The difference in amps and efficiency, however, can make be considerable, which is part of what we try to accomplish in finding the "sweet spot" between speed, thrust, and consumption. I'd rather a model that did 95mph at X amps than 110mph at 1.3X or 1.5X amps. We're still working on dialing in this A-10, so nothing is completely set in stone for another week or so. But as the video shows, we're close :)

Comment

• It looks rock solid. I trust your judgement. Are the fans counter-rotating or is it not necessary?

Comment

• Thanks, I appreciate that! The fans don't need to be counter-rotating in a layout like the A-10.

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. I responded over on RCgroups as well.

Comment

• DAmmm, sweet. set up looks to be perfect, nice job guys
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

Happy Friday, everyone! If you only have 30 seconds in your day, fast forward to the 3:00 minute mark.

SOLD!! A hole is burning in my pocket as we speak.
                                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Regulus: Latin name for the legendary Basilisk, the fabled "king of serpents" that leaves a trail of venom in its wake and can kill with a single glance. Or in this case, a single burst of 30mm depleted uranium shells while leaving a trail of smoke in its wake.

Regulus is also the metallic form of Antimony, which is used in alloys for bullets.

:)

Comment

• Cobra!! lalalalala
                                    www.TSHobbies.com
                                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I spent a couple hours in the afternoon to paint up one of the prototype A-10s to begin testing the color. The bare white foam had begun to grate on me. Please note, the model shown that I painted is a prototype, there are several key things aspects about this model that have already been changed in the final production version. Some are obvious omissions like the wing reinforcement strips outside of the mains, and the non-scale wheels. Don't fret, scale police, those things were already added and will be in the box in the PNP customers receive. The antennas aren't attached, the canopy isn't glued down, etc. For now, consider these photos just a sneak peak to give everyone an impression of the model's overall size. The transmitter sitting under the wing is a fun picture. The main wheels are over 3" tall.

Scale effect or chroma is something we consider in depicting scale aircraft, and the final paint code is rarely something straight out of a can or off the shelf. Although for some planes if the scale effect is minimal, or in the Ta-152's case just for the sake of convenience, we will sometimes use an off the shelf color from Tamiya, Testors, or similar retail brands.

The entire model bolts together with 18 screws, and a single glued structural joint.

Comment

• Man I can't wait till these are available!
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                        X