Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely glad to hear it will be more affordable! Just have to make room in the hangar.. I personally would actually prefer the gray scheme. At this size, it should be much easier to see than its smaller cousin.

Comment

Alpha do you have a wing loading target or measurement yet?
      AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        We're targeting a lower price than the F-14D and doing our best to deliver the best product at a reasonable and widely accessible price. I want as many people who want a big A-10 to have access to one without breaking the bank.

We continue to increase our initial batch counts with each new release, and we're elated that overall each new releases continue to push that requirement even higher. The F7F was released only a week ago, with our largest initial by far that was supposed to last for months, and there are only 14 left for pre-order in that first shipment as I write this.
        Bravo! Champions. You have my sale fo shizzle..

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post

You may want to use a LARGE can as we aren't done with new stuff coming out! Big List Big List!!!
          Just quickly, nod for yes, head shake for no. A4?

Comment

Wayne, roll your head in circles!

Wayne doesn't know. Only I do. Heh, heh, heh.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Wayne, roll your head in circles!

Wayne doesn't know. Only I do. Heh, heh, heh.
              Oh goody!!! That's enough for me! Financially, you guys are going to ruin me...

Comment

Hey Alpha, See if you remember me from our first Jet jam at muncie a while back. You guys had brought a butt load of planes to fly and video while at Muncie. We ended up talking till dark at my motor home as i was staying at the site. Had a great time talking to you both about many subjects.

I was the one that had the Wowplanes A10 twin 90mm, my 20lb foam Hog. I would like to talk about the flight stability and pitching with power settings as has been inherent in the similar models. My A10 has been grounded since the last flight at the 2014 E-Jets event at Darby Dan airport. The wing is broken and any repairs will add to an already over weight plane.
                With the announcement of this one, im all in and really like to have one ready for the EDF Jet Jam that will be held here in May. I know its out of your hands as for the production time and Chinese New Year so close.
                My concerns and ideas for my current Hog was to build a new wing,( kit in hand) and then use the A3L unit i got from MRC for another project to soften the porpoising on final that happens when you come in with a little more speed than needed. I found that the A10 has a sweet spot but I could never hit it consistently. This is what caused my broken wing and i had no more juice left for another go around.......
                Im sure video has already been asked for but in due time.
                Look forward to hearing your current experience and thoughts.

The EDF Jet jam would be a great venue to introduce this awesome new offering!!!! Bob has a sticky in the RCG thread on the EDF Jet Talk thread. He is CD and one to contact for Vendor attendance. Our club and fellow EDF pilots would love to hace MRC attend in 2017!!!
                Thanks guys
                Sam Woodard

Comment

Hi Sam,

I think you are thinking of Ryan and Mike. We had Ryan and Mike filming at Jet Jam that year. They filmed the our 80mm F-86 amongst others. I'll talk to them and see if we can get a group together for jet jam. I'd be shocked if the first and possibly second production runs of this A-10 are not already here by may 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                    Hi Sam,

I think you are thinking of Ryan and Mike. We had Ryan and Mike filming at Jet Jam that year. They filmed the our 80mm F-86 amongst others. I'll talk to them and see if we can get a group together for jet jam. I'd be shocked if the first and possibly second production runs of this A-10 are not already here by may 2017.
                    Yep, what some cut ups they are. Thanks Tom! Dan Eaton does the event coverage for RC Jets Int'l so it would be well worth the week!.

Comment

I PRAY you're right on having the 1st Batch available by May. Sam, and I both, would be more than happy to display/demo this Jet @ the "2017 EDF JetJam". I miss my L.X. A-10, and this sweetheart is right up my alley...What kind of weight are we talking about "All-Up" ? 12/13 lbs. w/batteries ?

Comment

I'm always hesitant to give out ETAs before we're in full production, but I have to agree with Tom that I'd be shocked if the first if not second batch was en route by May.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                          Alpha do you have a wing loading target or measurement yet?
                          ??????????

AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

??????????
                            So if you would just take a moment and read back a couple pages(on pg3) you will see that he all ready provided that. Here's a quick link.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks something is going on with my browser or the forum there are posts missing or trunicated all over on my end.

Edit* I was actually hoping he had the mathematical calculation or target.
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

Just curious, how many guys would be interested the Euro Green/Cold War scheme? I'm not saying it's going to happen but just looking for feedback. If a large number of pilot would buy a Euro scheme A-10, anything is possible. :)

Comment

I'd be much more interested in the Euro Green paint scheme than Gray. It's not even a competition.

Comment

Back in the days, when they were flying over my head, they were EU. GRN. Wasn't until I got home, that I saw the Arctic Camo versions. Dirty Dee's A-10, turned out sweet, in the Euro. Green. If she survives Maiden, I can always paint her. I'll take whichever comes off the Big Brown Truck, FIRST...

Comment

For you guys out there in the southwest it is a good color scheme but not so much for the northeast, blends way to well with the tree lines and grass strips.
                                      Give me a good ol' standard AF grey with a couple of good toothy grins to pick from. ;)
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	A10-1.jpg
Views:	1284
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	53053Click image for larger version

Name:	a10_0.jpg
Views:	1272
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	53054
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Seems like a lotta gray in the marketplace, not much choice for green out there. :angel:I know I would get both, I'm that caught up, but I would buy a big green first. Grun!

Comment

I would like to see two color choices; Euro Green and standard AF grey, with multiple decal sets for each!
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X