X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    I would like to see two color choices; Euro Green and standard AF grey, with multiple decal sets for each!
    Same here, I want one of each :cool:
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

While I really like the European scheme I can live with the gray. I never had a issue seeing the LX A-10 grey scheme. I need to clear out a few of my models to make room for this one.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Here's a great Hawg break shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
          Seems like a lotta gray in the marketplace, not much choice for green out there. :angel:I know I would get both, I'm that caught up, but I would buy a big green first. Grun!
          I'd get both as well, plus the gray scheme would provide a great base coat for experimental schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
            plus the gray scheme would provide a great base coat for experimental schemes.
            Bingo.......falls right in line with the rhetoric by a lot of modelers in the last year wanting a blank palette to do there own.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

How about a little flashback to remind us of how far the hobby has come? Time for a little...remember the old days with GWS. :D

Comment

Man, the GWS A-10 was my first EDF. Lots of memories!
                Pat

Comment

Do you happen to know the width or partial wingspan with just one half of the wing attached to the fuselage? I'm assuming somewhere in the range of 40" give or take.

I'll likely transport and store it that way like the FL P-38 due to its wingspan.

Comment

The wings are about ~750mm each, and the fuse/wingroot is about ~200mm wide. You're looking at ~950mm from starboard root to port tip with just the port wing attached.

The wing is a single electrical connection and two machine screws after sliding on/off of the carbon spars.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Excellent :D. That'll fit in many types of vehicles. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll be storing and transporting it with one wing off, so this is a piece of cake with the one piece electrical connection. Thanks

Comment

Big is cool, but it does present challenges for transport. We've tried to make it as straightforward as possible.

In response to a few PMs, here are pictures of the battery bay. It's quite cavernous. The ply floor is about 100mm wide. Like the Tomcat, the model will CG with the Admiral 6s 4000, but the A-10's bay is wider, taller, and longer, so we've tested 5000s and 6000s in with needing to modify anything. I will be ordering some 8000s to evaluate how they fit, just to test the high end of the size range. I anticipate needing to dremel out some of the underside of the instrument panel to allow for clearance on the front battery, and scooting the rear battery rearward to the bulkhead. Ten minute EDF flights seems achievable since I'm at 5 minutes on the 5000 with an appropriate flight profile.

Comment

Man, all these twins needing two batteries are going to kill my budget! :p

Although I cheated with the P-38 and only use one pack for it. ;)
                          Pat

Comment

Now THAT is a delicious battery bay. LOL:p

Comment

Did someone get the license plate of that MRC Awesome New Product truck that keeps plowing my bank account over? Thank you in advance. ;)
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I did.

Comment

Somebody stop him before he hits mine! On second thought.... nah, let him go..

Comment

Looks great any idea just what 2 decal sets will be included?

Mike

Comment

Hey MikeT, I'm heading out to fly but I'll post pictures later of the four decal sets we plan to include in the box.

Comment

Thanks. have fun.

Mike

Comment

• Things got real QUIET here. Anything going on with the HAWG....?

Comment

Working...
                                          X