X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tonymrc1 View Post
    Yes i know it has a pilot, but I'm looking for one thats more scale looking and very detailed.
    You got me thinking....if the canopy is not too hard to pull off (which it should not be...I removed them before on foamies), I might replace my pilot with an actual warthog. I haven't managed to find one wearing a helmet yet, though. Found some figures of the old "Bebop" character from TMNT on the internet. I had forgotten about that character (a warthog sporting a mohawk, sort of like Mr T's animal spirit) - my kids were into that 25 years ago, but I'm sure I threw out all the toys.

Comment

• Hey autotecart. The color is grey only. The necells are removable to accomadate an uphgrade to 90mm and if youve checked out the vidios already released on it you would swear it sounded like a real A10. The canopy does not open. If you will go back and read all the post previous by Alpha as he has covered and addressed all of these topics. Hes the man that they had to satisfy making this bird. Btw welcome and happy reading. All you want to know has been addressed by the Horses mouth already. Just start at the beginning and read. Its really interesting the development in this plane.:Cool::)
      Dewey l

Comment

• Many of us have purchased the full body 1/10th pilot figure from Jet Hangar Hobbies. It comes unpainted, but looks amazing, and light for its size. It will take a little trimming to get to fit properly, but nothing astronomical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post

We will get the manual online just as soon as it's made available. This pre-order is a bit earlier than most due to demand. Thanks
          My hope is that MRC at least takes on editing. Would be nice to finally have a well written English manual without all the Chinglish.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
            I think the potential to fly off of rough grass alone is worth the admission price.....unfortunately, I just dropped 400.00 on the Stinger 90, so I will have to bow out on this one for now. I'm excited for all you guys though, and maybe a little envious ! Its no doubt a flying work of art. Successful maidens to all of you !
            Scooter,

You're gonna love the Stinger. Might be the "Signature jet" from Freewing. All of the good and none of the bad. Great LG. I fly mine off of grass. No problems.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

My hope is that MRC at least takes on editing. Would be nice to finally have a well written English manual without all the Chinglish.
              I believe our own Grossman is helping with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
                Hey Aros have Alpha or Mark consider coming out with a 80mm or 90mm F-100 Super Sabre? I know Alpha stated that a single 90mm F-4 Phantom is possible in the near future. How about a 80mm A-7 Corsair? Do anybody makes a EDF Corsair?
                Yes sir. You mean like this one? http://jethangar.com/Aircraft/Corsair%20II/A7.html

I too would love an A7 Corsair, F8 Crusader with variable incidence wing and of course a F4J Phantom II Sign me up for all three !

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
                  Hey Aros have Alpha or Mark consider coming out with a 80mm or 90mm F-100 Super Sabre? I know Alpha stated that a single 90mm F-4 Phantom is possible in the near future. How about a 80mm A-7 Corsair? Do anybody makes a EDF Corsair?
                  Man, and 80mm F-100 would ROCK and be a great platform for speed! I'd be down like James Brown!

Comment

• A F-100 would be a spicy meatball!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

I believe our own Grossman is helping with that.
                      That's true! I to date have submitted all the Flite Line manuals and the guys are running them through the process. I was hoping to get ahold of some of the pre-release manuals, but haven't received anything as of yet.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

I very enjoy reading such Englishes. In China, it seems like funny bad translations are not only common, but actually dominant. About 80% of menus and signs are humorously bad. I guess there is always one wise guy who says "we don't need to hire a translator, I took English in school, I got it covered." To be fair, almost every attempt on my part to render Chinese phrases has met with uproarious laughter as well. The grammars are almost impossibly different. Anyway, I am bothered more by actual errors, like wrong screw length, etc. That happens sometimes too with models. I'd rather see manufacturers pay a technician to review it than pay a poet (although the poet probably needs to work more).

Comment

• MRC Team thank you for the hard work, the production insight during this product, and the end product. I am on the pre order list and delighted and excited for this plane to come in. I am sure you have learn a few lessons on opening the books to the public and will adjust for the next one. I appreciate your attempt to bring us along for the ride and share the excitement in the development process. Us RC junkies feed on the "next" project and can be critical with some of the smallest things but be it know we appreciate MRC relationship with its customer base. Keep up the great work, thank you.

Comment

• Hey TI, let me here your other dog imitation...;)classic , and so appropriate. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                              Hey TI, let me here your other dog imitation...;)classic , and so appropriate. :Cool:

???
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

It was truly our pleasure and we certainly know you can't please everyone all of the time, that's just human nature. We will continue to be as transparent as we possibly can for future models because we see the fantastic value in our customers getting certain levels of access into the R&D phase as the input is invaluable. However, we learned a few things as well during this process that will refine when and how and what we communicate. A good example is price. As we see even talking about potential price points early on can come back to haunt us when the actual price is set. Although most of you still see the value in the set price, some folks can become offputting about that info, and even somewhat disruptive.

So yes, Alpha will still be active in Hobby Squawk giving you guys unparalleled "inside access" during the R&D phase of our exciting new models coming down the pike!
                                Todd, on behalf of the 99% of your loyal MRC customer base, I'd like to add that you guys honestly responded to an early request on the forum for an "estimated" price point. In my opinion you guys did the right thing by us. It gave us more hope and excitement as well as an expectancy of value coming from a well-respected company and team, of who we call our hobby partners.

I hate that a decision has been made because of one guy, maybe even two, to not communicate estimates about a subject that is important to the hundreds, even thousands of customers who follow this company. I personally believe that by offering us the estimated price point, it created at least another 30% jump in expectation, anticipation and excitement about this project.

I am asking that you, Alpha, Tom, and Mark please reconsider not being as transparent as possible about questions being asked, just because there has been someone totally out of line in their judgment. After all, one of the reasons for these projects you guys undertake is because you're responding to what your loyal followers are asking for.

We consider MRC to be our family company, that was built on integrity, honesty, and a down-right difference in this hobby. You've done something that no one else has. Don't let a few bad apples (hopefully his remarks were because of a bad day at work or something) be such a jolting factor in how the entire basket is treated in the future.

Again, I may or may not be speaking for the majority of us. But I was personally intrigued by knowing an estimated price point. When the Yak 130 came out originally, I was shocked at the price because I didn't know what it was going to be. Seeing the price at its release was earth-shattering. It was the same for the F-14 Tomcat. "Ouch", was my first response. But had I known a ballpark before, I would've been prepared, and even elated because I already knew what it would do, and be worth.

Seeing this A-10 from its beginning stages, and into production...knowing what all went into it, makes it all worth the $599. ($549).

Thanks for listening, and thanks for being our partners and family in this hobby!

Comment

Yes sir. You mean like this one? http://jethangar.com/Aircraft/Corsair%20II/A7.html

I too would love an A7 Corsair, F8 Crusader with variable incidence wing and of course a F4J Phantom II Sign me up for all three !
                                  The link you posted for the A7 says it was discontinued...........so definitely an opportunity for a FW Corsair II
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	69604 Speaking of Chinglish, check out the warning on one of my helis... I know helis are dangerous, but I had no idea... :)

Comment

• +1 with Sky Wolf. Thanks Again and Keep On Keepin' On :Cool:

Comment

• Yes totally agree with skywolf. Well said. Don't let a very small minority dictate your companies future direction please. I think the vast majority understood it was a projected price point only, and prepared us for the cost associated with the model. I personally have no issue with the price, (though the Aussie conversion hurts lol), and I like that we had a "heads up" and honest answer to the question. Make America great again! Don't give in to the terrorists! ;) (Insert American flag smilie here)

Todd, if you add flags and don't include a Aussie one, we'll be having words mate... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

I'm glad you have had good luck with yours.... I have NO LUCK!! Mine sits on the shelf since the front gear was inoperable out of the box.... after several attempts to get them to send me a replacement...I gave up.
                                          Question, are you interested in getting it to work some time in the future, even if you don't get a replacement? The reason I ask is I am right now in the middle of repairing my nose gear as a result of crash damage. It took me a while to figure it out. So while the info is fresh in my mind, I might be of assistance. Let me know, no pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                          X