Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally agree on the Freewing foam. The foam on the Bearcat had a fantastic finish, and was very light. They are definitely pushing the industry in the right direction!

Comment

• Of course in Oz there's tiny jellyfish that can kill you in minutes not to mention the dreaded funnel web spider who can also kill in minutes.

Went to school in Florida and lived there for a while afterwards. In fact, I'm a Florida Gator !

Alligators can can out run a human in the first 20 yards. Pretty peaceful creature until you mess with them during mating season.
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Of course in Oz there's tiny jellyfish that can kill you in minutes not to mention the dreaded funnel web spider who can also kill in minutes.

Went to school in Florida and lived there for a while afterwards. In fact, I'm a Florida Gator !

Alligators can can out run a human in the first 20 yards. Pretty peaceful creature until you mess with them during mating season.
        I was like that too in my youth.
        Tom

Comment

• Lol :)

Yeah, box jellyfish are nasty. Most busy beaches have a big stinger net they put in the water each day for swimmers.
          The article is from my home town where I grew up.

Stinger nets are a feature of North Queensland beaches in the summer months but how safe are they to swim in? Travel NQ finds out.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            Totally agree on the Freewing foam. The foam on the Bearcat had a fantastic finish, and was very light. They are definitely pushing the industry in the right direction!
            It would be nice if they can figure out how to keep a white Thunderbird white with out yellowing. Going to have to repaint mine.
            Tim T

Comment

• I'm thinking about installing a gyro in my A-10. Considering the CG is 78mm from the leading edge of the wing root and gyros should be installed near the CG, is there enough room in the fuselage to fit a gyro?
              Steve

Comment

• It's massive inside. Plenty of room. I'd recommend you do your maiden and setup flights before you turn on the gyro though . ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by 55gmcx2 View Post
                  I'm thinking about installing a gyro in my A-10. Considering the CG is 78mm from the leading edge of the wing root and gyros should be installed near the CG, is there enough room in the fuselage to fit a gyro?
                  Steve
                  Although it is "recommended" to put a gyro as close as possible to the CG, I've found this to be not entirely necessary. As for the roll axis, it can be anywhere on or near the longitudinal line of the plane. As for the pitch and yaw axis, I have several planes where the gyro is almost at the tip of the nose (due to space limitations) and the gyro works very well.

Comment

• I know on my Mig-21, I have an A3L up front next to the blue box. No issues.

Hoping MRC will give us a headsup
                    when our container hits the water. Getting ready....

Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by 55gmcx2 View Post
                      I'm thinking about installing a gyro in my A-10. Considering the CG is 78mm from the leading edge of the wing root and gyros should be installed near the CG, is there enough room in the fuselage to fit a gyro?
                      Steve
                      While I'm certainly not telling you what do with your plane, I'm thinking a gyro won't be necessary. Remember this is a straight-wing plane that's designed to be a stable gun platform, so I don't expect it to be a handful like some other swept-wing jets can be. I'd try flying it first before installing the gyro and see if it's necessary. Or, install it but put it on a switch so you can turn it on/off as the situation dictates.

And I agree with Xviper, putting one dead-on the CG isn't necessary. I installed one in an E-Flite Icon A5 to get rid of the dreaded Dutch Roll that plane experienced while power-off, and I simply stuck it in there where there was room (lining it up with the yaw axis of course). It worked perfectly and only switched it on when I was landing or coming off a loop with power off.

Comment

• Anyone know when the co tai eat hits the high seas yet? When that happens let's all pray for fair winds and following seas!

Comment

• I'm just going to post, what we already know: Come this Monday, We've got 6.5 weeks until the end of MAY...Estimated delivery time. Any earlier than that would be "wishfull thinking".

Comment

• Considering the late April date on the Avanti has been bumped to mid May we may be looking at mid June for this one.
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Hope you're wrong bill. I'm hanging to get my hands on these.

Comment

• Yeah, I just hit a road block on my Roban so I'm ready to get this one

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                  Hey dude,
                                  Home Depot has the FS colors stored in their database. Just ask for a color search for the number only and it will come up. Example: 34092. Their system won't find FS34092.They seem pretty accurate. That should save you the trouble of having to buy the small modeling paints and then having them be color matched. So far, they've been able to produce every number I've given them except one. They have the 3 colors you've listed for the Euro 1 scheme in their system.

(The one color they didn't have, I believe it was, 34079, I asked them to try 24079, and it worked.)

Also, for a really dull finish, I recommend an artist acrylic gel call Golden Super Loaded Matte Medium. Available in arts and crafts stores or on Amazon. It's a thick gel that I mix 50/50 with Windex and brush on. It will give you that truly flat finish you see on military aircraft.

It does add a slight milky appearance to the colors but, to me that just gives the model a slight weathered/faded look.

Here are the Model Masters paints. I am gonna try Home Depot or give Lowes (it's closer) another crack at it without the 'FS' to see what happens. I did find some of the Golden brand acrylic gel matte medium at a nearby AC Moore but not the "Super Matte Medium". I wonder if what I found would work? I also got some Krylon flat clear acrylic spray to try. I wanna be ready to hit the ground running as soon as I get this thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170415_230301.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	71831

Name:	20170415_231916.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	71832

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                                    Yeah, I just hit a road block on my Roban so I'm ready to get this one
                                    What road block did you hit?

Comment

• I can't speak to the matte medium. It might be flat enough for you. I'm willing to give it a try to see if it doesn't have that slight milky effect.

I did try something similar in a different brand but it had that sight semi gloss sheen to it that I wasn't happy with. On the bottle, they usually have an opacity rating to give you an idea of how clear it is.

Haven't tried the Krylon spray. Let us know what you think about it.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Here are the Model Masters paints. I am gonna try Home Depot or give Lowes (it's closer) another crack at it without the 'FS' to see what happens. I did find some of the Golden brand acrylic gel matte medium at a nearby AC Moore but not the "Super Matte Medium". I wonder if what I found would work? I also got some Krylon flat clear acrylic spray to try. I wanna be ready to hit the ground running as soon as I get this thing.

Name:	20170415_230301.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	71831

Name:	20170415_231916.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	71832

Comment

• I can always just order the Super Matte Medium from Amazon like you said if the Krylon doesn't work out for some reason. Thanks for the input.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Although a night sortie with an F-117 and a tricked out LED setup could be pretty sweet! :Cool:
                                          Hey mate, this ones for you. The turbine boys from my club had a weekend camping trip for Easter at a small airport a few hours from Perth. This is a scratch built twin turbine, weighs nearly 30kg. I'm trying to get a copy of the vid uploaded, but it's from my clubs Facebook page so it's having trouble for some reason. Here's a pic anyway. Maiden flight the right retract folded about 80% into the takeoff roll, so it hasn't got airborne yet. Just some minor scrapes along the wing. The owner will have it back and ready soon, hopefully I'll get to vid it myself If he does the maiden at the club. I've seen it doing its taxi tests at my field, it's incredible the detail in it. :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1035.JPG Views:	1 Size:	345.0 KB ID:	71852

Comment

Working...
                                          X