X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Hey mate, this ones for you. The turbine boys from my club had a weekend camping trip for Easter at a small airport a few hours from Perth. This is a scratch built twin turbine, weighs nearly 30kg. I'm trying to get a copy of the vid uploaded, but it's from my clubs Facebook page so it's having trouble for some reason. Here's a pic anyway. Maiden flight the right retract folded about 80% into the takeoff roll, so it hasn't got airborne yet. Just some minor scrapes along the wing. The owner will have it back and ready soon, hopefully I'll get to vid it myself If he does the maiden at the club. :)

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1035.JPG Views:	1 Size:	345.0 KB ID:	71852
    Wow! That is awesome!

Comment

• I know. Too cool hey. Just over $20k invested into it. As you can imagine, we are all awaiting the maiden with baited breath. It's taken over a year to build and countless hours. Half of us at the club are dreading it goes in, I think it's going to be extremely difficult to fly personally, though he's really overpowered it with the turbines to counter the massive weight. (There doesn't look like too much lift in the wings there lol) Here's hoping it all goes well. I'll try and get some vid posted as it sounds awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        I can always just order the Super Matte Medium from Amazon like you said if the Krylon doesn't work out for some reason. Thanks for the input.
        I've used that same Krylon several times. This is my BV-141B that uses the Krylon over high gloss color.

Comment

• The MRC team does a pretty good job at under promising and over delivering. I expect a pleasant May surprise.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
            The MRC team does a pretty good job at under promising and over delivering. I expect a pleasant May surprise.
            I'm hoping you are right. :Cool:
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I've used that same Krylon several times. This is my BV-141B that uses the Krylon over high gloss color.
              Very nice. That is such an unusual plane. I tried it on the matte color patches I had painted on a small section of poster board and it looks pretty flat to me. Granted the paint was flat to begin with but I like how it looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Same here, my Phoenix Dauntless had a totally unrealistic glossy film covering for a warbird and that Krylon Colormaster Clear Flat did the job of making it look dull and somewhat weathered.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                  Hey mate, this ones for you. The turbine boys from my club had a weekend camping trip for Easter at a small airport a few hours from Perth.
                  Wow! How do you fly something like that without soiling your shorts?? ;)

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Same here, my Phoenix Dauntless had a totally unrealistic glossy film covering for a warbird and that Krylon Colormaster Clear Flat did the job of making it look dull and somewhat weathered.
                    Good to know OV10. They don't all perform the same that is for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Wow! How do you fly something like that without soiling your shorts?? ;)
                      You take off your shorts.

Comment

• I just pick my color and not worry about the flat or gloss... I always dull my paint jobs down afterwards to the desired look I want after I do some weathering ... here is the freewing SU35 that I converted to a SU37 this weekend. I couldn't find the flat dark yellow so I went with a gloss yellow that was very close.... after I did my airbrushing of the brown and weathering I dulled the whole plane down with a flat clear and it comes out nice

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                          I just pick my color and not worry about the flat or gloss... I always dull my paint jobs down afterwards to the desired look I want after I do some weathering ... here is the freewing SU27 that I converted to a SU37 this weekend. I couldn't find the flat dark yellow so I went with a gloss yellow that was very close.... after I did my airbrushing of the brown and weathering I dulled the whole plane down with a flat clear and it comes out nice
                          What flat clear did you use. That is the issue I was having as I tried a Rustoleum flat clear enamel over a satin paint and it did not dull it down but the Krylon flat clear acrylic worked very well to keep the flat paint flat. The Krylon even dulled down the non-dulled Rustoleum matte enamel after it had failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

You take off your shorts.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	black-vector-t-shirt_6646.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	71892
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

What road block did you hit?
                              Nose gear doesn't work. I emailed aerodyne and hoping they will fix it....

Comment

What flat clear did you use. That is the issue I was having as I tried a Rustoleum flat clear enamel over a satin paint and it did not dull it down but the Krylon flat clear acrylic worked very well to keep the flat paint flat. The Krylon even dulled down the non-dulled Rustoleum matte enamel after it had failed.
                                I used the topflite lusterkote flat clear

Comment

I used the topflite lusterkote flat clear
                                  But I'm nervous because I'm on my last can and no one has it it stock!!!

it is actually spelled.. lustrekote

Comment

• Hopefully his wont end up like this one

www.TSHobbies.com
                                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Nose gear doesn't work. I emailed aerodyne and hoping they will fix it....
                                      That's a bummer when you get something as nice as that and something doesn't work on it.

Comment

That's a bummer when you get something as nice as that and something doesn't work on it.
                                        Exactly....

Comment

• What are you putting in it for power?

Comment

Working...
                                          X