X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Update, yesterday I finalized a small production run for oleo main struts and trailing link nose struts, to be sold as separate Options. Y'all can mix and match to your heart's desire. Pricing will be similar to comparably sized struts from Freewing plus a marginal percentage, even though this is a significantly smaller batch than our normal quantities. Production and overseas shipping times as they are, though, these won't arrive for 6-8 weeks, or so.

We'll also be adding different spring sets as Options. Material options are limited in these quantities, but it's at least an alternative option for those of you wanting different rebound or tension values.

More info will be published as we get final photos, pricing, ETA, but for now, you heard it here first.
    I'll take a set of oleo mains please. Try to get them to send some nose gear pins too.
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I'm in for a set..

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I'll take a set of oleo mains please. Try to get them to send some nose gear pins too.
        I'll take a set as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
          Had a friend notice that the spring that closes the nose door was twisting the gear as it retracted casing a bind. He stretched the spring a bit and problem solved.

Mike
          I noticed the same thing awhile ago and did just that. It's something to watch for if anyone has a partial nose gear retraction. Mine never caused a full bind, but on the bench I could see the nose gear rubbing the wheel well.

Comment

• Thanks so much Alpha......it pays to ask !

I keep asking you to thank the factory production managers because I am one and its not an easy job.
            I would like to pre order a set of the oleo mains as well as a trailing link nose gear.

Best Warm regards ~

Pete Lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
              2 2mmx6mm socket head screws with nyloc nuts.
              Thanks. It looks different when it's not on the plane.

Comment

• I will take a set too!!!

Comment

• A while back I think maybe it was Colt pilot or T-cat said he was using duo lipo sensors in his A-10. Ive always used the lowest cell voltage in my Taranis (on opentx 2.2 now) to let me know my pack cell voltages and the lowest cell voltage to know when to land. I've been pulling my hair out (whats left of it) trying to get 2 flvss sensors to work correctly. I do have the frsky channel change and have set one to ID 14, and the other to 13. I then plugged one in, discovered it, unplugged it, plugged the other in, discovered it and they both show up in the sensors page. Ive followed this video exactly several times trying to get them both to work when daisy chained together. Should they be daisy chained, or do they have to be connected to a Y servo lead? Having a heck of a time getting them both to work at the same time and show up on the telemetry screens.

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

Dan,

I highly recommend these RT 6250/35Cs. I've got 2 still coming in the mail, but also noticed this morning RC Jet Werx was out of stock when I went to order more.

Don't tell anyone, but my math on these tests says a 6+ minute scale flight is possible. I don't completely trust the math, so I'll keep pushing the timer to see how far I can get.

Sean
                    +1 on the RT 6250's. When I ordered mine, Andy mentioned they only had 7 left in stock. I'm sure they will be getting more soon.

I'm happy to get 5 min of mixed throttle without major drainage. A full minute over the 5800's, but agree with you, 6 minutes is do-able. The holy grail for an edf.

loving the RT's !

Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Thank you for the oleo strut option, will take a set when they are ready and say bye bye to these ugly trailing links......:Cool:

Comment

• Yeah, why not. If Freewing is taking note on how many oleos and front trailing links that may be wanted I would like a full set too please.

Thanks

Comment

• I'll also purchase some oleo mains and a trailing link nose so I can have one A-10 look more scale, while the other will have full trailing link everywhere for . Thanks for making it happen Alpha :Cool:.

Comment

• I'll be wanting a set of those oleos also. Reading about the use of Roaring Top 6250s, I can not see them lasting too long at the 35c rating. I have ten RTs, 4 6s 5500, 2 6s 5000, and 4 4s 3300s, all in 70c. All the 6s are for EDFs. I push then hard in my A-10 and Avanti, and they come down only warm. With all the batteries I have tried over the years, these seem to be the best so far. Only time will tell but so far so good. I know that everyone wants to fly an EDF longer, but why get a jet to just lope around the sky. EDFs need a higher c rating and that's not going to change. I also know that many of the cheaper lipos c ratings are a joke and have puffed many a battery proving this. Of course price is relative, I have some Thunder Power 5000 70c 6s that puffed like crazy and are regulated to prop planes only now. I have also used HRB 5000s in 6s that have a 50c rating with much success. The RTs just perform a bit better even though and it's hot enough down here in South Florida to begin with.
                            My last question is with using the 6250s, do you find it nose heavy. When I tried using the 5500s in the A -10, I felt it was too nose heavy for my liking. The 6250s and the 5500s are about the same weight.
                            Last edited by Rosytime; Jul 30, 2017, 03:23 PM. Reason: Hit the wrong button

Comment

• Alpha: I hope you make enough updated landing gears. Since this is a limited production run, I want 2 of everything so I have a life time supply.

Comment

• I'm in for a full set.....

Comment

• Hey Alpha.. I hope this is not a one off .. Just for Flat surface guys.. When us Grass fliers complain about Oleos on Grass you will offer Trailing links as options..,No favouritism..:)

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                                    Hey Alpha.. I hope this is not a one off .. Just for Flat surface guys.. When us Grass fliers complain about Oleos on Grass you will offer Trailing links as options..,No favouritism..:)
                                    You shouldn't complain. Looks like the grass guys are getting it their way already with all the newer ones coming out with trailing links even if not "scale" for the model. I don't care one way or the other myself as long as they work. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

You shouldn't complain. Looks like the grass guys are getting it their way already with all the newer ones coming out with trailing links even if not "scale" for the model. I don't care one way or the other myself as long as they work. :P
                                      Not so much complaint but more Options offered in Struts for all concerned..:Cool:

Comment

• I've also posted this on RCG.
                                        FWIW: We have 3 FW A-10s at our club field. One pilot doesn't see what all the fuss is about and two pilots have had to do repairs from bouncing. I'll not criticize MRC. They've done a bang up job on this plane, specifically in regard to grass field operation. They're now addressing what appears to be a problem that has reared it's head after delivery of many planes. What other company in the RC field has addressed customer concerns so quickly? None. Kudos to MRC.

Comment

• The pilot that doesn't understand the fuss probably won't until he has it happen to him. ;) I've been fortunate so far myself. Only ridden the bucking bronco one time and didn't do any serious damage. Doesn't mean the next time it won't though.

Comment

Working...
                                          X