X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Have been using that anti-slip(RV shelf mat) for years. When the batteries heat up the adhesive on the Velcro it tends to let loose.
    You can get a roll(1ft x 6ft) of that anti-slip at Wally world for dirt cheap and it is a little thicker than what the manufactures have been providing as of recent model releases.
    i just noticed Your location and it says Oswego NY. My friend has a place in Mexico NY on about 30acres. A few of us are going up there in a couple of weeks for the weekend.
    Frank

Comment

• Here's the vid of JT's unplanned Touch and Go. The fun starts at the 36 second mark. Was an awesome sight to see with some brave airmanship to boot..
      This plane is part tank. Maybe it was the titanium cockpit shell that saved her. LOL Indeed the wind was especially squirrely that day. All over the place. We're used to a crosswind on the hot summer days but that day it was very strange. Must have been some big rollers coming over the trees.

Hawk
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
        i just noticed Your location and it says Oswego NY. My friend has a place in Mexico NY on about 30acres. A few of us are going up there in a couple of weeks for the weekend.
        Frank
        No........it says Owego, which is 100 miles south of Oswego. ;)Back in the late 80's and early 90's I used to run a salmon charter boat out of the Oswego area.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
          Here's the vid of JT's unplanned Touch and Go. The fun starts at the 36 second mark. Was an awesome sight to see with some brave airmanship to boot..
          This plane is part tank. Maybe it was the titanium cockpit shell that saved her. LOL Indeed the wind was especially squirrely that day. All over the place. We're used to a crosswind on the hot summer days but that day it was very strange. Must have been some big rollers coming over the trees.

Hawk
          LOL Blame the down draft. LOLHis AOA was a straight line nose down the whole decent from the tree line to impact with no hard drop out. Look more like dumb thumb to me;)Your right about it being a tank
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here's the vid of JT's unplanned Touch and Go. The fun starts at the 36 second mark. Was an awesome sight to see with some brave airmanship to boot..

Hawk
            Wow! :Scared: great vid! He didn't just kiss the ground, he drove it in like a Kamikaze! Yeeeeha! BLAM!
            I like the cameraman looking around for the crash to happen... (waiting for it to drop)... then he noticed it was still flying... ;)
            Then a nice approach and a very nice beautiful landing with the top down - complete with a bounce because its an A10! You're right, its a TANK. :a10
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No........it says Owego, which is 100 miles south of Oswego. ;)Back in the late 80's and early 90's I used to run a salmon charter boat out of the Oswego area.
              Oh yeah..DUH!! Yeah the Salmon are pretty awesome up that way.

Comment

Hawk
                Holy Crap dude! I won't say dumb thumbs,maybe brain fart thumbs?
                i hope I don't need that much runway to land.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Pat, what size batteries are you using and could you do location measurements at the 86mm CG? Also, do you still have the nomenclature for the ordinance available? Would love to buy a set from you, Thanks Brad
                  Brad,

I'm using RoaringTop 6S 5800 35Cs, pushed all the way back until just the end of them is under the battery strap. I had to move the circuit board back in order to do this. I'm also using XPS 6S 5200 50Cs as well, which weigh the same as the RTs.

I had a bad bounce on my 3rd flight, with the CG up at 78mm. Ever since I moved the CG back to 86mm (16 flights), I have not had a single bounce and was able to keep the nose up and grease her in every time.

And yes, still selling the ordnance decals. PM me for details.
                  Pat

Comment

• Now testing the RT 6250's . Plus 5 min and are basically the same size as my 5800's Andy might be low on stock. www.rcjetwerx.com Send him an email requesting delivery info. I do need to relocate the circuit board further back.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Last I hear he was out of the 6250s until September. I plan to get some when he gets more in stock.
                      Pat

Comment

• Just checking:

Has anyone had any issues with the inboard Flap feeling loose at the hinge line?

Or, Can MotionRC, tell me how the inboard Flap hinge was attached?

This came out of my pre-flight inspection, so I'm kind of grounded till I hear back.
                        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• One side of my elevators is like that. The hinge itself is extremely loose. However, it's borderline impossible to get to since it's submerged. That's on my second A-10 that hasn't flown yet since it's a plane in the modification stage. My first one doesn't have any issues. If it was a visible hinge like the T style we tend to see, it wouldn't be an issue because it's simple to glue.

Comment

• Just an update regarding the talk about the MrRC Sound V4.1 module possibly being upgraded with the start up A-10 sounds and the Cannon sound like the Aspire module has available. It's not possible evidently. The company said the sound file for the A-10 start up and shut down is too long and the V4.1 module does not have the memory capacity to support it like the Aspire unit does. The cannon sound won't work either since the sound writing process is different for the V4.1 module versus the new Aspire module, and they aren't producing any more sounds for the V4.1. So, that's that. Ha-ha

Comment

• Ah ok tcat. Sorry mate I thought it could.

Both my hinges on the inside of the elevator have play like you described. I chucked a tiny bit of ca in there but it didn't improve it much. Still seems solid though, but the extra movement is a bit disconcerting.

Comment

• It was definitely worth checking and I appreciate the advice to contact them. They were pretty quick to get back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Brad,

I'm using RoaringTop 6S 5800 35Cs, pushed all the way back until just the end of them is under the battery strap. I had to move the circuit board back in order to do this. I'm also using XPS 6S 5200 50Cs as well, which weigh the same as the RTs.

I had a bad bounce on my 3rd flight, with the CG up at 78mm. Ever since I moved the CG back to 86mm (16 flights), I have not had a single bounce and was able to keep the nose up and grease her in every time.

And yes, still selling the ordnance decals. PM me for details.
                                  Thanks so much for the info, I'm using the Admiral 5000 packs but it sounds like your stacking them? If not I will need the position of the forward battery, thanks again, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                    Ah ok tcat. Sorry mate I thought it could.

Both my hinges on the inside of the elevator have play like you described. I chucked a tiny bit of ca in there but it didn't improve it much. Still seems solid though, but the extra movement is a bit disconcerting.
                                    Thanks Shirty, I did find some long nozzles to put on my CA, but I used alot and now it seams ok to fly.
                                    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Thanks so much for the info, I'm using the Admiral 5000 packs but it sounds like your stacking them? If not I will need the position of the forward battery, thanks again, Brad
                                      No, not stacking. At the current position, they butt right up against each other though. I may try overlapping them some just to see if I can get the CG back to 90mm.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Seen a photo of the full size A-10 in the paint house being done for the Centennial of Selfridge ANG Base. It's really going to look great.

Comment

• Well mines finally ready for its 1st flight. Probably wont get to until next weekend though. Cold front went through last night and its going to be very windy all weekend. Only real concern I have is the length of our club field at 400' +/- long. Take offs wont be an issue, but Im worried about setting it down soon enough to get it stopped after coming in over 8' tall corn now. Being this is my 1st EDF I am a bit nervous even though I have a couple 1700 and 1500mm warbirds (P51, and P47). Heres a little video of our field and me flying my Waco around. Woops, something wrong with YouTube links apparently

Comment

Working...
                                          X