X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjulian View Post
    Little bit of airbrushing. "Flipper" scheme. Thoughts with Noah. Keep fighting.

Jim
    What a nice job!!!!! Very cool.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjulian View Post
      Little bit of airbrushing. "Flipper" scheme. Thoughts with Noah. Keep fighting.

Jim
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1501003934373.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	92127 most guys missed this position lights or didn't know where to put them .
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Name:	FB_IMG_1501003934373.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	92127 most guys missed this position lights or didn't know where to put them .
        Put mine there also. I like yours better with more detail.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-06-14-04-07.png Views:	1 Size:	471.9 KB ID:	92134Click image for larger version  Name:	20170724_224552.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	92133Click image for larger version  Name:	20170808_232247.jpg Views:	1 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	92131Sorry but work has been getting in the way. Now I have to go to Florida for a week of training, so no Maiden flight yet .Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-06-14-02-22.png Views:	1 Size:	579.6 KB ID:	92132
          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Some of you guys have the most impressive builds I'm floored!!

Comment

• Some of you guys have the most impressive builds I'm floored!!

Comment

• Is there a reason to use a higher C rating lipos? I have a set of 5200mah 50c batteries. If I drop to 40 is there a substantial difference? Also what's the biggest MAH packs that can fit under the canopy in the stock places?
                Thanks
                Frank.
                Noah you got this!!

Comment

• I'm a little mad, my Fan Rotors did not come pre-painted, I guess I put my order in too soon for them to do mine :(

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
                    I'm a little mad, my Fan Rotors did not come pre-painted, I guess I put my order in too soon for them to do mine :(
                    If you notice on the full size A-10 with mine, the fan cones are not painted gray. They are actually OD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
                      Is there a reason to use a higher C rating lipos? I have a set of 5200mah 50c batteries. If I drop to 40 is there a substantial difference? Also what's the biggest MAH packs that can fit under the canopy in the stock places?
                      Thanks
                      Frank.
                      I'm running 5500 Gens Ace 45c in mine with packs in the stock locations.

Name:	20170618_081521.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	92171Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_081514.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	92172

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Thanks,
                        I'm ordering a pair of roaring top 5500,45c packs now.

Comment

• I'm using the Roaring Top 6250/35Cs in mine. Rear battery pushed back to the control board, front battery pushed up against the rear battery. I little on the nose heavy side, but still flies great. Getting 5+ minute scale flights. You don't need high C rated batteries for the A-10, so swap the weight of a higher C battery for more mah with the RT 6250s...sold by rcjetwerx.com .

Sean

P.S. Praying for Noah.
                          Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Aug 11, 2017, 09:21 PM. Reason: Clarified 5+ minute "scale" flights.

Comment

• Roaring Top 6250/35C placement.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                              Thanks fellas. Here's the shirty films version. Only had the maiden footage to work with, but it came out ok I think. Bit of fun anyway, includes some gratuitous slow-mos.... lol. This ones worth hd and full screen I reckon. Hope you guys enjoy it!
                              :)
                              Shirty,

Absolutely outstanding!

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Thanks,
                                I'm ordering a pair of roaring top 5500,45c packs now.

Comment

• Where you buy your lipos?

for me is ValueHobby

Comment

• Hell everyone. I just bought this Jet. Cant wait to get it assembled and flying. I will be using a Futaba T8FG radio along with 6 channel Fasst Receiver. Going with x2 Gen Ace 5000 mah 60c batteries up front. Does this sound like an ok setup for this jet.

Cheers fellow A10 fliers

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                                      Where you buy your lipos?

for me is ValueHobby
                                      Usually it's amazon or hobby king. I did buy Thunderpower directly when they had buy one get one for free. I won't pay the regular price for each. They weren't much better than any other less expensive brands.

Comment

• Well, it finally got me too after a little over 20 flights...
                                        I had a bounce last evening on third flight. Two greasers, and then on third flight, I don't know if I ran over a depression on touch down, but it bounced back up maybe a foot high and when it touched down again the nose gear snapped like it was made of plastic. The gear plate and servo is not even the slightest bit loose and nothing even slightly bent, to me that shows it was not a hard landing, or has had any hard landings. The mounting plate should come out before the metal pin snaps. We are talking plywood glued to foam, and it is stronger than steel the gear is made of???
                                        Come on guys, it is time for a fix for this obvious flaw in this nose gear!!!
                                        I had minimal damage to the cannon which is a 4$ part. I had hardly any forward momentum when the gear snapped, didn't even pull the landing light wires out...
                                        I would like to know when there is going to be a fix to this problem...
                                        I was lucky that I didn't have any serious damage, but I know there are a lot of you guys that are tearing your planes up pretty bad because of this. It is a shame that such a great flying and great looking plane is practically unflyable because of this.
                                        I have an extra gear but am reluctant to put it in the air with it because it is made of the same cheap brittle metal...
                                        Any info as to when a fix for this obviously defective part will be available...
                                        Pics below. Anyone with any metallurgy knowledge please zoom in on where it snapped and tell me what you guys think...
                                        I didn't mention that I fly off a really good grass strip. Never been on a paved runway.
                                        Thanks
                                        Tom

Comment

• Looks like the pin that connects the strut to the retract got sheered clean. Not sure on these retracts but on my eflite Habu nosewheel, the pin is replaceable with piano wire from any hobby store. From the picture, it looks like there is a set screw holding the pin in the strut. There should be a similar set screw in the retract mechanism. Just an idea...not sure it will work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X