X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    The new camo paint scheme on the A-10 is underway, as well as the custom decals (mixed with some of the stock waterslide decals). It should be done by the end of the week. This one will have 90mm EDF's.
    That nose art looks real familiar;). Looks good T-Cat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Yeahhhhhh buddy! The nose art is one of my favorites. I would have loved to see that released on the full scale hog one time. Your paint scheme looks absolutely phenomenal.

Comment

Yeahhhhhh buddy! The nose art is one of my favorites. I would have loved to see that released on the full scale hog one time. Your paint scheme looks absolutely phenomenal.
        I like it to. :Cool:

Comment

• IMG_1121.JPG Just love the looks of this bird!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1119.JPG Views:	2 Size:	214.7 KB ID:	91521Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1120.JPG Views:	1 Size:	291.7 KB ID:	91520
          I'll get the balls up to add the nose art this week!
          Attached Files

Comment

It was a toss-up between that one and this one.

Comment

• Another great one for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Figures mate. Only from the land down under. :)
                Lol, you don't know how right you are....the vid definitely has a bit of an Aussie theme. ;)

Comment

• maidened mine yesterday. it's a lovely big chunk of foam. i had no bounce problem but i realy think it was daft putting the oleo nose gear with the trailing link mains. i will be putting on a trailing link nose gear as the oleo will screw up just from being rollled fast across a grass field. i flew all factory setting and need zero trim for hands off flight. best chunk of foam to date from freewing.

Comment

• Grats porky. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by porkpilot View Post
                      maidened mine yesterday. it's a lovely big chunk of foam. i had no bounce problem but i realy think it was daft putting the oleo nose gear with the trailing link mains. i will be putting on a trailing link nose gear as the oleo will screw up just from being rollled fast across a grass field. i flew all factory setting and need zero trim for hands off flight. best chunk of foam to date from freewing.
                      Way to go. Congrats. Gotta have pics to be official, so I've been told. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Very cool, looks like something from Transformers.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Very cool, looks like something from Transformers.
                          Ha-ha, thanks. That's very true. It's basically a robot hog. Maybe we should call it Hoggle Bee or Hogtimus Prime LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

OK, here are how my Mavericks and Pave Penny turned out with the 7/8" and 1" domes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170723_200632.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	88826

Name:	20170723_211006.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	88827

Name:	20170723_211030.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	88828
                            So Steve, just wondering what you used to cut the 7/8" and 1" domes down to get the right shape. Brad

Comment

• thank you gentlemen.don't know if anybody shot pics while i was flying. my flying buddy did pile his however into one of the flight stations, fixable damage. i know one of the gang got pics of that so when he puts them up i'll post them here.

Comment

Ha-ha, thanks. That's very true. It's basically a robot hog. Maybe we should call it Hoggle Bee or Hogtimus Prime LOL.
                                Mine's nicknamed the Iron Hog

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

So Steve, just wondering what you used to cut the 7/8" and 1" domes down to get the right shape. Brad
                                  I have one of those bench top belt sanders with the side disk sander as well. I just set them on the tray next to the disk sander and kept sanding down the edges and having to break off the burr on the bottom edge of the dome until I got the diameter down to about a 1/32" larger than the inside edge of the dome. Something like this. obviously with the Pave Penny you only want to take it down to the OD of the foam which left about a 1/8" flat edge all the way around the 7/8" dome.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Maverick dome cross section.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	91644

Comment

• Forgive me if this has come up before.
                                    I have a suggestion for Freewing or for Motion RC:
                                    The airplane should come with a paper copy of the ESC programming manual.
                                    Thank you.

Comment

• Or you could just download it directly from the MRC site:

Pat

Comment

• INEXPENSIVE BALANCING STAND FOR YOUR FREEWING A-10

I made this stand with parts I had around the house: a piece of 2X4, some 1/2" pvc, a couple of "T"s, and some "Non-Stick" tool box liner.
                                        The only thing I had to buy was the liner - and now I can line my tool boxes with the leftover!
                                        It is self-explanatory. Glue the tool box liner to the top of the "T"s. The center-to-center distance between the uprights is 10". The uprights should be at least 10" long. I drilled out the 2X4 with a 7/8" bit, which is a little sloppy, but I put a couple of laps of orange duct tape around it so they fit tight.
                                        As long as you are close to the CG, the liner will keep it from slipping and you can move the airplane around until it balances perfectly.

Name:	P1000612.JPG
Views:	556
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	91656Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000613.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	91652Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000614.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	91657Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000615.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	91658
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Or you could just download it directly from the MRC site:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf
                                          ...which is what I did, but a copy should come with the airplane. I'm just making a suggestion to the manufacturer. It is important that the buyer's know that they need to set their ESCs to their radio throttles. This is never mentioned in the instructions that come with it. Actually, there also should be literature about the fans and motors included.

Comment

Working...
                                          X