Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brrzee View Post
    Hi there...need input please...would 2 7000mah 30c batteries run this jet
    What brand are they? Also depends on the dimensions as to whether or not they'll fit.
    Pat

Comment

• Not sure...they are at my LHS...i will measure how much room i have in the battery bay and see if they will fit

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Your choice of setup will work fine sir, using almost the same setup myself, only I'm using the Futaba 7C with a 617rx and I'm using the same batteries as you have, I also made a video on the 8th flight so you can see how it handles. Here is a picture of my two battery placement that I used for my maiden and I still have them there after about twelve flights now, CG is around 80mm.

Thanks for the reply...unfortunatley there is an issue was shipping the batteries so they are not coming. now. I have the option at a LHS of x2 7000mah 30c batteries but i am worried with the low c rating the batteries might puff very early

Comment

Thanks for the reply...unfortunatley there is an issue was shipping the batteries so they are not coming. now. I have the option at a LHS of x2 7000mah 30c batteries but i am worried with the low c rating the batteries might puff very early
          If the C rating is even close to actual, 7000ma x 30c yields a potential of 210A. The ESC's are each 100A rated and the 30c should do well. With Sean getting 7+ mins on the RT 6250's, the 7000's should be equally at home flying at scale speed and still have the punch for some nice vertical for a ways up. Be careful of getting to nose heavy as that might contribute to the bunny hop landings when not so perfect conditions prevail.
          Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
            So what kind of bouncing are we talking about,bouncing a couple feet in the air and coming down on the front gear?
            in my mind the suspension is too soft given the airframes weight and as it's just sprung with no dampening the spring just oscillates once a single bounce occurs more will follow and then if it bounces high given you have now lost a lot of air speed now it comes down with a thump. This problem is heightened on tarmac.
            I've flown off grass and the problem is no where near as bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              Bill,

Amen brother ! 25 perfect landings and then on the 26th, the bounce. Sheet happens but I'm disappointed that there are no parts readiliy available. Grounded until I can get a type C retract.

Mine is grounded too until I can get a new retract. Already have the replacement vertical fins since one of the bounces ripped the hinges out of both of them and the asphalt chewed the right side one pretty bad along the bottom edge.
              Wish they would hurry up and get those oleo mains in. I'd like to replace the trailing links with them since I fly pretty much exclusively from pavement...
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Based on Alpha's update on 7/30, they should be available mid to late September. That post was in answer to a PM I sent him on the subject some time before after wrecking mine beyond repair. By the way, since the cost of total replacement is kind of steep and my fans, nacelles, and escs were fine, I just got the ARF plus. It was quite a bit cheaper and already had the gear, servos,etc so I didn't have too transfer all that from the old airframe. I too am grounded, by choice, 'til the new oleo struts come in. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

If the C rating is even close to actual, 7000ma x 30c yields a potential of 210A. The ESC's are each 100A rated and the 30c should do well. With Sean getting 7+ mins on the RT 6250's, the 7000's should be equally at home flying at scale speed and still have the punch for some nice vertical for a ways up. Be careful of getting to nose heavy as that might contribute to the bunny hop landings when not so perfect conditions prevail.
                  Sam
                  Ok thx for the input...per motion rc chat they said 30 c is too low and most likely will swell the battery. I am torn as i dont have much options right now at my local hobby shops for batteries for this jet and i want to get it into the air

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

in my mind the suspension is too soft given the airframes weight and as it's just sprung with no dampening the spring just oscillates once a single bounce occurs more will follow and then if it bounces high given you have now lost a lot of air speed now it comes down with a thump. This problem is heightened on tarmac.
                    I've flown off grass and the problem is no where near as bad.

the springs fire it like a pogo stick. MRC said they made the gear beefy and they did. beefy enough to jump over the moon. less spring equals less bounce.

Comment

• Do you happen to have an extra fan blade set? Mine sucker in a tree. Also I can use the ordinance and pylons if you still have.
                      Thank you

Comment

• I'm almost done with the 90mm A-10 project. I'm still waiting on some ESC's, but those will be here by the end of the week. All the other major things are complete including the new paint job and decals, and only have some small details left to do. This week I'll post some pictures of it all done and ready to go. I'm trying to determine whether I want to slightly weather the jet, but nowhere near the level of weathering on my 80mm A-10. I'm not sure a very weathered look would appear well on this camo paint scheme, so maybe none of slightly weathered is best. We'll see though. Thankfully, I'm pleased with the way it came out, and the time it took was worth the effort.

I painted another pilot figure to go in the jet, and this one came out better than the first one I painted, likely because I knew what to expect, how many layers, what part to start painting first, etc. Just like the first pilot figure, I added an area chart (for the AFB this jets marking are from) for visual appeal, as well as an ILS chart, both on his thigh. Even though the charts, etc., were stored in a pouch to the side, the kneeboard effect provides a cool look on the ground when people look in the canopy. Ha-ha. I also added some headrest padding on the ejection seat, and some styrene cutouts to shape the top. Too fun!

Attached Files

Comment

• I personally would never do anything over 5000mah 45C-60C, this is fine for me, I get close too and sometimes go over the 4 minute mark so I'm happy with that, anything longer than that I get bored anyway. If people are having trouble landing this hog then I would want to keep the weight down as much as possible, 6000mah and 7000mah lipos really add to the weight issue I would think, this hog is heavy enough as it is, one bouncy Betty and it's over. My opinion is, the gear just isn't strong enough to withstand these bouncy heavy hits, I haven't had it happen yet, I bring mine in very slow and hold a nice flare until it touches the mains, and I fly mine nose heavy around the 80-82mm mark, I'm sure even with soft landings the front pin will still break from what I hear???

Comment

Ok thx for the input...per motion rc chat they said 30 c is too low and most likely will swell the battery. I am torn as i dont have much options right now at my local hobby shops for batteries for this jet and i want to get it into the air
                            If you have Amazon prime,you can get batteries in a few days.

Comment

• I'm flying with RT 5800 35C's and RT 6250 35C's. No problem at all. Great batteries. Decent price. Lighter than others. Great service from Andy. www.rcjetwerx.com
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Bill,

I went ahead and reluctantly strayed from the MRC nest. Ordered a new Type C retract (nose) from RC Castle along with a few other odds and ends. Shipping was not as bad as I had feared- $6.99 but yes, the small parcel will probably take 1-2 weeks to get here. Grounded till then.

Really don't know why we have to painstakingly wait on such a critical part and one that is known to fail on a bounced landing.
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• A nice added bonus of Callie's graphics is the bottom exhaust ports. A simple decal that takes seconds to apply. :Cool:

Attached Files

Comment

• Look awesome tcat. Can't wait to see the full reveal lol. ;)

Comment

• I finally got the decals on. Now I just have to do some weathering, add some dirt and stains, a door/intake here and there and it will be good enough.

Comment

• Had the left over sharks mouth decals from my A10, and won a Commander last night at our club meeting with 10 bucks worth of raffle tickets soooo figured what the heck.
                                        :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas W View Post
                                          Had the left over sharks mouth decals from my A10, and won a Commander last night at our club meeting with 10 bucks worth of raffle tickets soooo figured what the heck.
                                          :)
                                          Looks awesome!! That's a good looking airplane,may have to add it to my short list.

Comment

Working...
                                          X