Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For rivets, use a match hollow point rifle bullet or a small nail punch.

Comment

• I weathered the jet yesterday with an airbrush. I saw a very weathered Blacksnakes A-10 in a picture and really liked the seriously weathered look, so I mimicked it. It may be a bit much, but the full sized in the picture was even dirtier, LOL. With an airbrush, it's amazing how fast things like this can be done. In about 30 minutes, the fuselage and wings were completed. I had 30 min. to spare, so I figured, why not LOL:Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        I weathered the jet yesterday with an airbrush. I saw a very weathered Blacksnakes A-10 in a picture and really liked the seriously weathered look, so I mimicked it. It may be a bit much, but the full sized in the picture was even dirtier, LOL. With an airbrush, it's amazing how fast things like this can be done. In about 30 minutes, the fuselage and wings were completed. I had 30 min. to spare, so I figured, why not LOL:Cool:.
        Outstanding work, T-Cat
        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Had a successful maiden yesterday. Enjoyed flying it so much that i landed with 11% left on the batteries. LOL

Here is a video of it. :)

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post

Guys, something RC going on at Selfridge? I thought this was strictly a full-scale event. Any links to other info?
            I am the CD for the show with 6 designated pilots. We get an hour preshow to fly 10 minutes each pilot. Radio Control Club of Detroit is the sponsor and a hangar to display other aircraft. Should be a great time.

Tim T

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaksen View Post
              Had a successful maiden yesterday. Enjoyed flying it so much that i landed with 11% left on the batteries. LOL

Here is a video of it. :)

https://youtu.be/DXsvJwP-MFg
              Looked like you had a blast! Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Outstanding work, T-Cat
                Thanks a ton. I was hoping it would come out close to the pics I saw. An airbrush set up really was one of the best purchases I've made in this hobby. There are so many uses and the learning curve isn't all that steep. A bit of practice, reading, and watching some videos goes a long way.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Thanks a ton. I was hoping it would come out close to the pics I saw. An airbrush set up really was one of the best purchases I've made in this hobby. There are so many uses and the learning curve isn't all that steep. A bit of practice, reading, and watching some videos goes a long way.
                  Looks like the real deal- great job T-Cat.

Comment

• Sisk,

Great maiden ! Really put her through the paces.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pogo;n84772]

Brad, remember this jet is 1/10 scale, so a 5mm dent (if I understand correctly?) = a 50mm fastener - pretty big!
                      Tom[/QU Your right Tom, I misstated it. More like 1 mm. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• One more question T I. Did you remove the gear from the plane to remove the spring or were you able to take it out and replace the shortened spring in place. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          One more question T I. Did you remove the gear from the plane to remove the spring or were you able to take it out and replace the shortened spring in place. Brad
                          You can do it on the plane.
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Looks like the real deal- great job T-Cat.
                            Thanks! I'm curious what it will look like in natural sunlight. Hopefully a bit better, but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

I am the CD for the show with 6 designated pilots. We get an hour preshow to fly 10 minutes each pilot. Radio Control Club of Detroit is the sponsor and a hangar to display other aircraft. Should be a great time.

Tim T
                              Ah. So you fly at 9:30? Both Saturday and Sunday?

Comment

• hey guys got my madien in today and a second flight...its a cupcake in the air. Do have a questions for every one iam flying with the pulse 35c 5000 battery's and after three min have like 30% left that sound about right?...

Comment

• I have the 45c's and sounds about right.

Comment

• I'm flying the Admiral 5000, 50c...I land at 4 min., still in the up 40's. But it all depends on how your flying...Fly real hard, land at 4...34%.
                                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I just got back after putting another 3 flights on my A-10. I wanted to fly at dusk (after 9pm) and see how nice the lights were. They really show up clearly at dusk. The A-10 wasn't much more than a silhouette but the lights really stood out! I never really noticed the tail light before, but it was shining brightly as I flew some nice low passes. I am now up to 19 flights and actually relaxing on approach. Tonight was the first time that the winds were down and I finally got up the nerve to try full flap landings. They were so slow and totally in control that i know that I can go slower still. It was nice being able to clear the trees on approach and still come in slower than normal and feel totally comfortable. The best thing, is the nose-wheel landing light as I roll onto final. Absolute perfection. I picked up a few nose retracts, but I am still on my first set. I have a lot off fore/aft slop in the nose retract, but nothing that I can't manage on take-off. I flew 7 flights on Sunday and I can't remember flying any jet that much ever in one day! Just charge the batteries and fly and repeat.
                                      Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                                        I picked up a few nose retracts, but I am still on my first set.
                                        :Scared: They don't break that easily do they? Or do you fly off a gopher field and land real hard? I've seen some pretty hard landings in some videos and all the gear appear as though they hold up pretty good, unlike the FMS counterpart, where even a slightly rough landing and they fall out.

Comment

• Hi buddies...just sharing some pics of the pannels detailing on friend Keith´s A10 and mine...after all finishing job were done I coated with a acrilic satin to matte coat for protection...better than represent rivets with the hole method I rather did painting them with the help of a Top Flite warbird template..just paint the rivets and lines with Stadler Lumocolor sharpies, add some metallics touches for highlighs some of the rivets and with pencils graphite add some shades around the lines and stains of dust...

Comment

Working...
                                          X