Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to ask, but was I day dreaming, nite dreaming, or had an episode of early dementia that I read it will be 4? weeks before MRC gets more A-10s in?

Comment

• Cant view the video, you set it to private.

Comment

• This video is not for you if your expecting some fast and thrill flying, just boring touch and goes. Went out on Sunday morning and shot a video of some touch and goes, was hoping to help someone struggling with landings or if it's your maiden flight maybe this will help to show you just how nice this A-10 will land with no power and with a little bit of power, no need to bring it in hot.

Comment

• great video, very instructive. Thanks for sharing these tips on how to land the Freewing A-10 with minimal / no bounce.

Comment

• Sorry about that Thomas W, didn't even notice I had it on private, try it now and I deleted the other post.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
              This video is not for you if your expecting some fast and thrill flying, just boring touch and goes. Went out on Sunday morning and shot a video of some touch and goes, was hoping to help someone struggling with landings or if it's your maiden flight maybe this will help to show you just how nice this A-10 will land with no power and with a little bit of power, no need to bring it in hot.
              Great video, very informative. I am very glad you did this:Cool:Billy.

Comment

This video is not for you if your expecting some fast and thrill flying, just boring touch and goes. Went out on Sunday morning and shot a video of some touch and goes, was hoping to help someone struggling with landings or if it's your maiden flight maybe this will help to show you just how nice this A-10 will land with no power and with a little bit of power, no need to bring it in hot.
                Very well done video, when I got mine it was really my first jet and I thought you had to come in hot so I had some bouncy landings until I figured out that you can glide it in pretty slow just like you demonstrated so well. Heck, this video should be on the product page...do a review and put the link there.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thank you for doing that DC...it helps to relieve the uncertainty and you did a great job on your first video! Rob

Comment

• Nice vid mate.

Comment

Outstanding! Thank you for doing that. Well done.

Comment

• Great video! Notice the commitment to back pressure regardless of approach style. Even on an abort and go around the back pressure needs to stay in to avoid the bounce. Great advice.

Comment

• Thank you, and nice landings. That will help me. Still gonna have shaky knees on that 1st flight though lol.

Comment

• Excellent!! Great video...
                            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Very well done video sir! Super informative and low key. No frills, just straight to the point. Thank you.

Comment

• Well done!

Comment

• Fantastic job with that instructional video! Proof indeed that there's no need to bring her in hot.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Awesome... cool.. slow flight touch and goes...actually this ship have a wide speed envelope and amazing low flying cuality... tx so much for sharing...regards.
                                    Manolo.

Comment

• Thanks guys, one thing I would like to add to this that I don't mention in my video, all this is with these rates, 30mm/ail, 30mm/elev., very little rudder/steering and I have no elev./flap mix or exp and no dual rates, I don't use any expo or dual rates on any of my EDF's, and my CG is in between 78mm-82mm with the 60c 5000mah, with my 45c 5000mah, I do mount them in the same position and fly it, so 85mm or so it flies fine but I like my jets and planes nose heavy and not neutral, so keep that in mind if your setting up your A-10 like mine.

One last thing, when I say cut the power, I'm not talking about just coming in and chopping your throttle at any time and expect it to glide in, I cut the power and use the weight of the A-10 to keep my speed up as I decend to the runway, so I trade altitude for air speed. Didn't want some new guy to go out and just chop the throttle on final and expect it to glide in.

;)

Comment

Thanks guys, one thing I would like to add to this that I don't mention in my video, all this is with these rates, 30mm/ail, 30mm/elev., very little rudder/steering and I have no elev./flap mix or exp and no dual rates, I don't use any expo or dual rates on any of my EDF's, and my CG is in between 78mm-82mm with the 60c 5000mah, with my 45c 5000mah, I do mount them in the same position and fly it, so 85mm or so it flies fine but I like my jets and planes nose heavy and not neutral, so keep that in mind if your setting up your A-10 like mine.
                                        any pictures of the exact battery locations? I figured it lands with little to no power a10 airframe typically is a easy flier....

Comment

....... so I trade altitude for air speed. .......
                                          And there it is. The keystone... My full size flight instructor used to calmly repeat that very phrase as I was lining up my first approaches and it has stuck with me ever since, even in RC. Thanks so much for the great video. I have been landing mine the same way and have not bounced....yet. I just always wondered if I was doing it wrong because I read some reports that you gotta fly it in nose high, power on like you are trying to trap the 3rd wire on the carrier. Needless to say, I was stoked to wake up and see the video and the comments after. To each his own, I guess, but it is still awesome to have some confirmation. I guess at the end of the day, the main goal is to be able to use the airplane again after landing. Even better if you don't have to change shorts before you fly again.
                                          LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X