X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
    Thanks fellas. Here's the shirty films version. Only had the maiden footage to work with, but it came out ok I think. Bit of fun anyway, includes some gratuitous slow-mos.... lol. This ones worth hd and full screen I reckon. Hope you guys enjoy it!
    :)
    Finally got to catch up and see this after doing the Festival of Giants. Well done Mate! Just might have to watch it in re-runs too. Awesome on the shout out to Noah:Cool:

Comment

• Anyone fly this jet on 5000mah 30c or 5200 mah 35c

Comment

• Originally posted by brrzee View Post
        Anyone fly this jet on 5000mah 30c or 5200 mah 35c
        Yep fly mine on pulse 35c 5000 get about 3 min safely have telemetry on it could get 4 but that would cut it close.... packs just get warm no puffing

Comment

• I have over 30 flights on mine. I did the bounce on the third flight which ripped off the nose when the gun went into the ground. I tried to power back up but just ground looped it instead. The fuse has a few wrinkles it and the nose was glued back on. The bounce was completely my fault since I came in at an angle to our runway and was concentrating on getting it straight and let the nose down. Since then, every flight has had a good landing. I think a lot of the landing problems can be attributed to pilots who forget how heavy this jet is and try to glide in with little or no power like they are use to on most of their other planes. You must use power on landing or you wont be able to get that flare that is needed on all trike geared aircraft. I fly at two fields, one grass and one asphalt. The grass one is only 300 foot long and has a short approach so you had better be using throttle control and flaps to keep from landing long and going into the high grass or down the hill we fly off of. This jet carries a lot of momentum with the weight that it is.
          As far as batteries, I use 5000 mah 70c Roaring Top and 5000mah 50c HRBs. I was going to use their 5500mah 70c but felt the weight was too much even with them moved as far back as possible. I know that Dahawk is using the 6250s 35c, but it remains to be seen if that low of a c-rating will stand up to EDF use. I fly for 3.5 minutes with about 45% left in my batteries after taxing in. I suppose with a long runway one doesn't need to go full throttle for take off but this isn't possible for our grass field. A lot of electrons get used to get up in the air at the one field. I do throttle back to just above half for most of the flight except for those strafing runs and steep pull ups. I know that everyone is trying to get a good price on batteries, but why scrimp on their price with such an expensive jet. And just look at the aircraft that are coming out lately, many are 6s powered. I like this jet so much I got another one in the box just in case.

Comment

Ok thx for the input...per motion rc chat they said 30 c is too low and most likely will swell the battery. I am torn as i dont have much options right now at my local hobby shops for batteries for this jet and i want to get it into the air
            Maybe I missed something somewhere, but is there a reason you're not wanting the Admiral 5000's? They're in stock.
            Admiral 5000mAh 6S 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006 Power you can trust! Admiral batteries are globally renowned for delivering superior power-to-weight ratio, reliable safety, and long lifespan. Produced in a world-class facility with an all-new formula that optimizes high performance across more cycles,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but is there a reason you're not wanting the Admiral 5000's? They're in stock.
              https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector
              I live in Canada...shipping is an issue

Comment

I live in Canada...shipping is an issue
                RC Jet Werx sells the Roaring Tops. Says on their web site they ship to Canada. Have you checked them out? rcjetwerx.com

Again, I'm using the Roaring Top 6250/35Cs, getting 5+ minute scale flights (flown up to a 7 minute scale flight), and no noticeable reduction in performance from the Admiral 50C.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

RC Jet Werx sells the Roaring Tops. Says on their web site they ship to Canada. Have you checked them out? rcjetwerx.com

Again, I'm using the Roaring Top 6250/35Cs, getting 5+ minute scale flights (flown up to a 7 minute scale flight), and no noticeable reduction in performance from the Admiral 50C.

Sean
                  Hey, I'm in Canada and can't recommend Andy and RC Jetwerx highly enough. Great service and shipping was very reasonable. Using 5000 45C RT's, around 4+ min.
                  Tom

Comment

Sean
                    The 5800 and 6250's are both out of stock at rcjetwerx....

Here's a comparison:
                    Roaring 6250 - $98
                    35C, 803gm, 53x47x154

Admiral 5000 - $109
                    50C, 732gm, 44x46x158

So the Admiral has a higher C rating, and weighs less, and is smaller. The Roaring-Top is bigger and heavier, although it has more mah and costs less.

I don't like the idea of making my A10 any heavier. I get 5 1/2-minute flights with my Admirals no problem, because it flies very nicely on lower power settings.
                    I'd like to see a higher-cap battery with lower weight.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I just ordered a set of RT 5500mah 45c off of amazon using my daughters prime. Shipping takes 3 days and its free shipping. I also have a set of Power Hobby Pro Lipo 5200mah 50c. They'll go up to 100c Burst. Maiden flight I was under 4min when I landed. I should be able to get a good 4min plus time to shoot a couple landings.

Comment

Sean

Here's a comparison:
                        Roaring 6250 - $98
                        35C, 803gm, 53x47x154

Admiral 5000 - $109
                        50C, 732gm, 44x46x158

So the Admiral has a higher C rating, and weighs less, and is smaller. The Roaring-Top is bigger and heavier, although it has more mah and costs less.

Two of the 6250's would make the plane 5 ounces heavier and I just don't like that idea. I get 5 1/2-minute flights with my Admirals no problem, because it flies very nicely and scale-like on lower power settings. I'd really like to see a higher-cap battery with lower weight.
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Here's a comparison:
                          Roaring 6250 - $98
                          35C, 803gm, 53x47x154

Admiral 5000 - $109
                          50C, 732gm, 44x46x158

Two of the 6250's would make the plane 5 ounces heavier and I just don't like that idea. I get 5 1/2-minute flights with my Admirals no problem, because it flies very nicely and scale-like on lower power settings. I'd really like to see a higher-cap battery with lower weight.
                          If the admirals came with Deans or no connector I'd buy them. All my planes have deans and I use adaptors to go to the provided ESC connectors,or I'll throw deans on,if the ESC didn't come with connectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Hey, I'm in Canada and can't recommend Andy and RC Jetwerx highly enough. Great service and shipping was very reasonable. Using 5000 45C RT's, around 4+ min.
                            Tom
                            Anything on Thunder Thrust?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Finally got to catch up and see this after doing the Festival of Giants. Well done Mate! Just might have to watch it in re-runs too. Awesome on the shout out to Noah:Cool:
                              Thanks mate. :-)

Comment

• So, done a little experimenting and plan on using some of my 1/5 scale truck parts to beef up the nose gear. Found, with a little trimming, the brake plates for the HPI 5SC might be used as a secondary brace for the servo. Going to sandwich them around the plastic tabs of the servo mount itself, then replace the aluminum top plate, followed by another trimmed brake plate. These things are stainless and weigh nothing. Beefed up the plastic mounting plate with wood and epoxy, so we shall see how it goes.

Comment

• Also discovered the axle/hub pins for the Losi 5T are the same diameter as the "shear" pin in the nose gear. Just need to add the flat spot for the grub screw. This pin is also stainless steel.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Here's a comparison:
                                    Roaring 6250 - $98
                                    35C, 803gm, 53x47x154

Admiral 5000 - $109
                                    50C, 732gm, 44x46x158

I've used both batteries and have been posting my results with the Roaring Tops since they're fairly new to the market. In short, for my scale flying style with this A-10, I prefer the RTs and recommend them over the Admirals for those that want a longer scale flight time. 5 1/2 minutes on the Admirals is great, but some folks want more flight time, or not taking their cells below 3.8v. I think word of mouth on the RTs is spreading, and that's why they're out if stock. I know Andy has ordered more from the factory, and I'm anxiously awaiting to add a few more to my battery inventory. BTW...the 5 oz difference in these batteries is 2% of the total aircraft weight and has not affected how I fly my A-10 or it's performance...again, just posting my results.

I think we're all wanting a higher capacity, higher C rated, lower weight, inexpensive lipo. But for those of us that have using lipos for all these years really know weight has something to do with quality and performance. Weights being the same, you go with a higher mah or higher C rating...just can't get both with today's lipo technology. Now if the solid state technology ever comes to fruition, then we'll all have our dream come true.:Cool:

Sean

Comment

• Hi Colt,

Thunder Thrust is still on. Are you planning on coming up? I am going if I can get my Turbine Avanti (composite) ready in time.
                                      The fifth annual ThunderThrust Over Chatham Kent Airport will be held for four days from Thursday September 21'st to Sunday Sept 24'th 2017
                                      So glad to hear the great news regarding Noah. He has been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. :-)

Cheers

Brent

Comment

I've used both batteries and have been posting my results with the Roaring Tops since they're fairly new to the market. In short, for my scale flying style with this A-10, I prefer the RTs and recommend them over the Admirals for those that want a longer scale flight time. 5 1/2 minutes on the Admirals is great, but some folks want more flight time, or not taking their cells below 3.8v. I think word of mouth on the RTs is spreading, and that's why they're out if stock. I know Andy has ordered more from the factory, and I'm anxiously awaiting to add a few more to my battery inventory. BTW...the 5 oz difference in these batteries is 2% of the total aircraft weight and has not affected how I fly my A-10 or it's performance...again, just posting my results.

I think we're all wanting a higher capacity, higher C rated, lower weight, inexpensive lipo. But for those of us that have using lipos for all these years really know weight has something to do with quality and performance. Weights being the same, you go with a higher mah or higher C rating...just can't get both with today's lipo technology. Now if the solid state technology ever comes to fruition, then we'll all have our dream come true.:Cool:

Sean
                                        Good points Sean, appreciate your comments!

Comment

• Anyone have a spare Blacksnakes nose art decal they would be willing to part with? If so please PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X