Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, after 300+ flights, I inadvertently decided to do a touch a go on a set of highline wires to the south of the runway I normally fly at. It was somewhat successful, except two of the three landing gear decided to depart the plane and land under the wires while I successfully continued on for a go around. After retracting the only main I had left, I then decided to see if this hawg could do a perfect, no bounce belly landing. Upon doing this, I have discovered the ultimate fix for the dreaded bucking bronco. No bounce what-so-ever. Minimum damage on initial inspection, but will go through it thoroughly tomorrow.

Comment

• :( Hope it is all good...

Comment

• Does anyone know what replacement pilon mounts to use in the wings?

Comment

• I will check in the morning to see if the 90mm F-16 mounts are the same as the A-10 mounts.

Comment

• They are.

Comment

• Thanks! I thought they were but didn’t want to give the wrong info...:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Upon further inspection, broke the front gear pin, pulled the plastic main mount out of the wing, landing light separated from the nose gear, and an inboard flap servo stripped. 1/2" lower and the cannon would have caught the cable resulting in a total loss. Lucked out on that one. This thing is as tough as everyone says it is. Should be back on the air this weekend.

Comment

• a couple of the 100's of awesome pics we got this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                      a couple of the 100's of awesome pics we got this weekend
                      TS19, Impressive pix! Love the 3-color gray camo livery. What a beautiful backdrop for the aircraft. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
                        So, after 300+ flights, I inadvertently decided to do a touch a go on a set of highline wires to the south of the runway I normally fly at. It was somewhat successful, except two of the three landing gear decided to depart the plane and land under the wires while I successfully continued on for a go around. After retracting the only main I had left, I then decided to see if this hawg could do a perfect, no bounce belly landing. Upon doing this, I have discovered the ultimate fix for the dreaded bucking bronco. No bounce what-so-ever. Minimum damage on initial inspection, but will go through it thoroughly tomorrow.
                        Ya know the full scale A-10 was designed to land gear up so not too surprised the model can do it. I am surprised that the canon didn't act like a plow but glad it didn't. Good luck getting her back in the air!!
                        Brad

Comment

• Made some strides this weekend with the LAU-117 and AGM-65. Hoping to have the hog fully loaded out for Jet Jam in less than 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                            Made some strides this weekend with the LAU-117 and AGM-65. Hoping to have the hog fully loaded out for Jet Jam in less than 2 weeks.
                            Outstanding detail DD!

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                Made some strides this weekend with the LAU-117 and AGM-65. Hoping to have the hog fully loaded out for Jet Jam in less than 2 weeks.
                                OMG, gimme! :D

I have been looking into making a BRU-42 for the A-10 as well (whatever the correct sub version might be), but my aesthetic skills are not the best lol

I see apmech1 has made some for the F-4, but they are not visually similar to what an A-10 would carry at all as far as I understand (might be dead wrong though). Also the scale is slightly different.
                                Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

OMG, gimme! :D

I have been looking into making a BRU-42 for the A-10 as well (whatever the correct sub version might be), but my aesthetic skills are not the best lol

I see apmech1 has made some for the F-4, but they are not visually similar to what an A-10 would carry at all as far as I understand (might be dead wrong though). Also the scale is slightly different.
                                  apmech1 mentioned he made them a bit more simplified for printing/structural concerns if I remember correctly, so that is why there don't look visually similar.

If you are patient, I will have a BRU-42 later in the summer as well as a variety of MK bombs, fuzes, and tail assemblies. Though the BRU will be designed using a custom attachment system to keep it looking scale.

Comment

• Hey Y'all, first time fully assembled. Pleased with the result so far and now the 'punch-list' begins! Special thanks to DirtyDee for his incredible 3DP parts, RCJettdude for all the great info, MotionRC for the airframe, and every one of you who posted their thoughts, advice, and experiences when building/flying this amazing model. This is one great forum. Next pics/vid will be the initial check flight. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Outstanding!!! Really nice! Best of luck with the maiden check flight.
                                      :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Comment

• Well Done LB!:Cool: Best of luck with the maiden.

Comment

• What a beauty!

Comment

Working...
                                          X