Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Reynolds' customized peanut scheme A-10 won Best EDF at our club's annual Jet Rally this past weekend. It was being flown by his son Dave.
    Pat

Comment

• CMP, Gotta love those split ailerons! Great rendition and great pics. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yep, looked awesome in person too! And believe it or not, he flies on 5S and it flew great. Said he lands at about 50% power right up until touchdown. Those split flaps really slow it down good.
        Pat

Comment

• Nice shots Pat
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Progress so far! Love this plane!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Nice! Love the work on the landing gear!
              Pat

Comment

• Thanks brother! All this weathering is new to me. Read a lot and studied all of the great work you guys put out. Trying to find balance. Too much fun. :Cool:
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Anyone have any spare missiles? I lost the fins on 2 and may be left with just leaving the rail on, or fabricating some new fins with one of the spare part sets. Also broke the pitot boom, which I'll need to drill out and replace. Just thought I'd ask here if anyone had a spare I could purchase, or ideas on fin fabrication.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                    Progress so far! Love this plane!
                    E4DG, Beautiful work, Sir.:Cool: Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                      Anyone have any spare missiles? I lost the fins on 2 and may be left with just leaving the rail on, or fabricating some new fins with one of the spare part sets. Also broke the pitot boom, which I'll need to drill out and replace. Just thought I'd ask here if anyone had a spare I could purchase, or ideas on fin fabrication.
                      If you have a 3d printer, I made these to replace the stock AIM-9s

Was this your maiden this weekend? how was the flying in the cold? I wussed out and just slept in sunday :)

Comment

• Man, Those are sharp looking! Nice work Dee.

Comment

• Thanks! I've sold off my original weapon set and 3D printing my own. I'm hoping to knock out a TER and LAU-88 this winter, and maybe paint up a few JDAMs or paveways for some more variety on my hog.

Comment

• Thanks Elbee!!!!! Many miles to go before I sleep!
                            Dirty Dee you hog is SICK !!! such beautiful work!

Interested in a full weapons set from you !!
                            Maybe cockpit too.....

do your under wing stores use the stock hard points?

Thanks in advance !

- Jason

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

If you have a 3d printer, I made these to replace the stock AIM-9s

Was this your maiden this weekend? how was the flying in the cold? I wussed out and just slept in sunday :)
                              Might I be able to purchase 2 of these from you if you print them out? I'm assuming they would snap into the stock rail, or would I need a printed rail as well?

Yes maiden was Sunday and it was wildly successful, with the exception of the overshot 2nd landing which ended up snowplowing the end of the runway (hence the reason for new missile fins and pitot replacement). Flew beautiful and looked amazing with the snow-covered trees. I have the shockwave sound system in it, and was surprised how great the sound was!

Comment

Dirty Dee you hog is SICK !!! such beautiful work!

Interested in a full weapons set from you !!
                                Maybe cockpit too.....

do your under wing stores use the stock hard points?

Thanks Jason! You can just look through my rcgroups blogs for the A-10 parts and ordinance available as well as pricing. Shoot me a PM of what you would like.

Yes, these use stock hardpoints, and you will just need to buy the weapons attatchment parts from motion. They are a direct fit into the ordinance.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...it-Upgrade-Kit
                                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ng-Services%29
                                Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Might I be able to purchase 2 of these from you if you print them out? I'm assuming they would snap into the stock rail, or would I need a printed rail as well?

Yes maiden was Sunday and it was wildly successful, with the exception of the overshot 2nd landing which ended up snowplowing the end of the runway (hence the reason for new missile fins and pitot replacement). Flew beautiful and looked amazing with the snow-covered trees. I have the shockwave sound system in it, and was surprised how great the sound was!
                                Sure thing, and yes it fits into the stock attachments. you will just need to buy extra attachment hardware from the MotionRC link I posted, or dig out the ones from your sidewinders. check out the rcgroups links and PM me if the price works out for you. Shipping will be $5.

Great to hear on the successful maiden (minus the run-off).

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Did you maiden at Fox Valley???

Comment

Did you maiden at Fox Valley???
                                    No I haven't joined FV, yet. It's 45min from me. I joined Palos in the spring and have been flying there.

Comment

• Yeah FV is 36 miles from me. But such a beautiful facility....:-)

Comment

• Yes I have been tempted several times as it's only 10-15mins further from Palos. Nonetheless, I'll stay here for a while longer. Maybe next year?

Comment

• Question for folks......How are folks mounting their GOPRO to the wings? I assume someone has 3d printed a mount that goes on the weapon attach points....
                                          Anyone know where they are available?

Stilgar

Comment

Working...
                                          X