X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Keep the mains and swap to the upgrade TL nose strut.
    This is what I did. For the nose strut, there is no switching or cutting involved unless you want to for very specific and personal reasons. I've flown this plane strictly off grass to date. This year, I may join a field that has the GeoTex runway. Time will tell if the gear will work OK on that. If it doesn't, I just won't fly this plane there.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Thanks Steve. Do I need to switch sides and/or cut the spring like George did?
      I'm with Steve on this one. Went TL all around and no mods to the mains. Another A-10 at my field went oleos all around and it seems fine too. Either way, just slow her down and keep the nose up and you'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I'm with Steve on this one. Went TL all around and no mods to the mains. Another A-10 at my field went oleos all around and it seems fine too. Either way, just slow her down and keep the nose up and you'll be fine.
        This plane is very very heavy up front. The best way to land it is keep the speed up with full flaps and correct flare. I am strictly flying off a nice cement runway, but with the new upgraded gear it would still be fine as it has the trailing link up front. Definitely see where guys are getting in trouble coming in too slow with or without the use of flaps on this plane. Flaps are there for a reason and can only help make a landing better!

Comment

• Started the process of painting her Arctic Camo. Have the black done, next up is the white and then finish her off with Callie's decal set...Anyone with the Arctic Camo, did you paint the underside as well or just the top? I can't for the life of me recall what I did with my first one a couple years back.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I highly recommend not painting the underside for easier orientation. If you're more interested in achieving a look that resembles closer to full scale, then painting underside will be best :). I chose not to paint the underside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Started the process of painting her Arctic Camo. Have the black done, next up is the white and then finish her off with Callie's decal set...Anyone with the Arctic Camo, did you paint the underside as well or just the top? I can't for the life of me recall what I did with my first one a couple years back.
              I did the same type of scheme on the bottom as well. It feels good to finish painting planes as involved as this was haha. Good luck!

Comment

• T-CAT I am siding with you...If I had money in the game I would say I didn't paint the underside for that very reason (orientation). I realize that the Arctic Camo is a fantasy livery so there would never be a way to verify, just curious what folks would do.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros, assuming the arctic followed a similar pattern as the euro and peanut, it probably is a full wraparound. Though I agree keeping the bottom a solid color would help with orientation. My arctic aggressor FW F16 can be a bit hard to see at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                    Aros, assuming the arctic followed a similar pattern as the euro and peanut, it probably is a full wraparound. Though I agree keeping the bottom a solid color would help with orientation. My arctic aggressor FW F16 can be a bit hard to see at times.
                    That is where the yellow tips on the tail come in

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9533.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	190227
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
                      That is where the yellow tips on the tail come in
                      51MM, Absolutely gorgeous, Sir. :Cool: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

51MM, Absolutely gorgeous, Sir. :Cool: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                        thanks! appreciate all the tips and tricks from everyone on this forum, helped a lot!

Comment

• Looks fantastic!! Thanks guys for the feedback. I am going to keep the bottom unpainted.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Good call Aros! For me, it made for of a difference for orientation than I anticipated.

Comment

• It may have a little bit to do with laziness too, I ain't gonna lie. LOL
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

It may have a little bit to do with laziness too, I ain't gonna lie. LOL
                                definitely takes a bit of time! ha!

Comment

• :Silly:I try not to be lazy, but my naps get in the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    :Silly:I try not to be lazy, but my naps get in the way!
                                    LOL LOL LOL
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here she is...I can't believe the amount of work that goes into this scheme...Masking galore! Next stop, Callie decals! :Cool:

Name:	paint1.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	190314

Name:	paint2.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	190315
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Here she is...I can't believe the amount of work that goes into this scheme...Masking galore! Next stop, Callie decals! :Cool:

Aros, Nicely done. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Here she is...I can't believe the amount of work that goes into this scheme...Masking galore! Next stop, Callie decals! :Cool:

looks real good! nice work!

Comment