Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He’s running a Freewing sequencer
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
      He’s running a Freewing sequencer
      Must have bypassed the control board.
      Didn't someone add rear gear doors to the mains, kinda like the real A-10, but those don't close either when the gear is down because the struts are in the way.

Comment

• bbolz I believe some people have mentioned that A-10s more recently purchased have an updated sequencer to keep the front door open with gear down.

Topshot19 check out the crude diagram. this is a Cross-section view.

basically each telescope section is broken out into a tube and the ladder rung. The tube should be hollow to allow the ones below it slide in, and have a small clearance so things don't get seized. The tubes have a flange designed in so when it extends the flange gets caught by the ladder rung. Each ladder rung needs a hole modeled into it to let the tube pass through, but be small enough to catch the flange.

Edit: also, you cant print everything vertically, make the tubes have a 0.8mm wall thickness and it will work fine.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	191911
        Attached Files

Comment

• On the initial release, the board sequencer closed the front door after the nose gear deployed. The scale enthusiasts complained that this was not scale (door stays open on the full scale) so Freewing changed the sequencer to keep it open. So some models will close the door, and others will keep it open, depending on when it was purchased.
          Pat

Comment

• BB, Somewhere in this thread this question has been asked and answered. If I recall the answer correctly, on the early A-10s the nose gear door closed after gear extension. Later models the gear door remains open. On my Freewing A-10, the nose gear remains down after gear extension, though MotionRC offers gear door sequencers for sale that can be incorporated for your circumstances, i.e., grass field ops or general 'cool' factor. :Smug: Best, LB

RC Airplane and Helicopter Landing Gear Door Sequencers We carry Landing Gear Door Sequencers to fit a variety of sizes of RC Airplanes.  Popular brands include Freewing, Skynetic, and Benchcraft. Use the filter menu to narrow your search results or browse all Landing Gear Door Sequencers below.
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Okay I’ll try that out tonight!

Comment

• On my A-10, the nose gear door closed after the gear was down. I wanted it to stay open so I installed an aftermarket sequencer that actually allows for either setting depending on where you plug in the door servo. You just have to make sure the sequencer has a long enough delay so it won't try to close the door too soon. The first one I tried was a standard Freewing sequencer and the delay was not long enough for the door so it would jam as a result.

Comment

• Thanks guys! I checked mine last night and the door stays open when the nose gear is down. I like Steve's idea for having it either way. Steve, got a suggestion on a sequencer manufacturer that works as you say? "Freewing not long enough delay".

Comment

• The air quality isn't the best here, but sometimes, every once in a while, it's worth it.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• What a pic! Must..........resist..............temptation...... .........to has.......................A10!

Comment

• Went to the airshow today and saw the Thunderbirds. Got to see some great planes and talk with some great people.

The Flying Tigers came
                        Attached Files
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• It wouldn't be a bad decision per se, DaleP... ... LOL
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            The air quality isn't the best here, but sometimes, every once in a while, it's worth it.
                            Alpha, Great Photo Caption!! Super Pic. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Baylee enjoyed her chase today... :)

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190428_141951.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	192195

Comment

• So, I think I'm ready for the maiden flight, why am I nervous I've flown pattern for 40 years. 84mm cg and 13.5 lbs total weight. Cg good? Click image for larger version

Name:	20190428_102009.jpg
Views:	1268
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	192197

Comment

• The manual calls for 78mm (3.07") from the wing root LE...Not sure on the MAC...Maybe xviper can weigh in (pun not intended, lol).
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                                      So, I think I'm ready for the maiden flight, why am I nervous I've flown pattern for 40 years. 84mm cg and 13.5 lbs total weight. Cg good? Click image for larger version

Name:	20190428_102009.jpg
Views:	1268
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	192197
                                      You should be nervous, this jet is horrendous in it's flying attributes!
                                      Just kidding of course- you're going to absolutely love it! The CG on mine is about the same (as are many others) and flies great, so no worries there. Best of luck with the first flights! :Cool:
                                      Tom

Comment

• So maybe a little tail heavy at 84 I can fix that but I've heard that it's better a bit more back.

Comment

• Thank you Tom, that's what I'm going with. I've watched this plane fly a hundred times thanks to all of you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X