X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditto. Nice job mate.

So, got a question. With the new struts coming, what's the best combo for bitumen do you guys reckon? I haven't damaged the gear yet, but have had a couple of bouncy landings. (Managed to get em down softly with throttle so no dramas, prob more luck than anything - scraped the rudders once though). Been playing with the idea of doing George's strut reversal, but figured I wait for the new gear first and see. Most of the time I'm good with high alpha landings, but I'm not immune to buggering one up and I'd like to have the window for non bouncy landings a bit bigger. What do you blokes think? Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
      Ditto. Nice job mate.

So, got a question. With the new struts coming, what's the best combo for bitumen do you guys reckon? I haven't damaged the gear yet, but have had a couple of bouncy landings. (Managed to get em down softly with throttle so no dramas, prob more luck than anything - scraped the rudders once though). Been playing with the idea of doing George's strut reversal, but figured I wait for the new gear first and see. Most of the time I'm good with high alpha landings, but I'm not immune to buggering one up and I'd like to have the window for non bouncy landings a bit bigger. What do you blokes think? Cheers.
      Hey Shirty, If your on pavement or even short grass I would definitely go with the new oleo struts for nose and mains. I did Georges strut reversal and while that really helped, you don't get as much shock absorption as you would with regular oleo struts IMHO.
      Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Let me add my best wishes too, Brad. My eyesight for distance isn't the greatest (even corrected) so I almost wish it could be fixed as you're about to have done...I'm sure it'll go well and you'll soon be known as "Ol' Eagle Eye"! :Cool:
        Tom
        Thanks Tom, I'm trying to get it done before the first of the year........otherwise I'll have to wait a few more months to get my deductible covered with the insurance. What a racket!!!!
        Brad

Comment

• Cheers brad. Oleos for both though? My take was that the mains were fine, just the nose spring is way too stiff. However, I'm definitely no expert when it comes to this stuff. (I'm a pilot, not a engineer lol) ;) but I'll buy both if will improve the window for landings.

also, if the mains are arriving after, I'm assuming the good blokes at motion will put some aside to save us foreigners the double postage from wanting both? Please. Pretty sure my mate kurt will want these for his a-10 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
            Cheers brad. Oleos for both though? My take was that the mains were fine, just the nose spring is way too stiff. However, I'm definitely no expert when it comes to this stuff. (I'm a pilot, not a engineer lol) ;) but I'll buy both if will improve the window for landings.

also, if the mains are arriving after, I'm assuming the good blokes at motion will put some aside to save us foreigners the double postage from wanting both? Please. Pretty sure my mate kurt will want these for his a-10 too.
            Hey Shirty, if Motion doesn’t have a way to save a set for you guys to help save postage I’m sure one of us will help you out. Maybe a couple of us could purchase and hold until both sets are in, then ship out to you.

Oh wait...how expensive is it to ship to the other side of the planet? :Confused:

Comment

• Hey thanks mate. I'm sure the motion boys will sort it out, I just gotta email them I think. They've been awesome to deal with in my experience, done some extra stuff for us as well previously - and compared to Aussie rc stores, its like chalk n cheese. (It's why I give em a plug every now and then in some of my vids, they've earnt it imho). Freights a funny one, really comes down to the box size (a-10 was the worst so far) - so I figure the retracts won't be too bad if just one box. Certainly cheaper than two boxes anyway. I'm just guessing, but at least $40- $50 each I'd think. Pretty sure motion will do it for us, especially if it's paid for up front when we order them. ;)

thanks again mate, failing the above I'll ask here and sure someone will help me out. Cheers

Comment

• Saw a video of an A-10 flown off snowy runway. Didn't end well. So the EDFs don't like water? I am sorry he crashed though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Hey Shirty, if Motion doesn’t have a way to save a set for you guys to help save postage I’m sure one of us will help you out. Maybe a couple of us could purchase and hold until both sets are in, then ship out to you.

Oh wait...how expensive is it to ship to the other side of the planet? :Confused:
                  Or find someone traveling to oz. I've been there twice and don't recall customs rooting through my luggage. . Could take them as carry on and if TSA asks what they are you could say they are your comfort landing gear.. LOL
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Lmao :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      They're about a week out. When they arrive we'll add to the website and post in this thread. The nose is arriving first then the mains after.
                      Alpha is a little premature with this. The oleo nose gear are in production but have not yet left he factory. ETA on those is likely 6 weeks. The main landing gear upgrade is not ready for production yet. I talked to the Freewing last night and we cannot yet order the upgraded mains and they don't have any ETA just yet.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Tom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Alpha is a little premature with this. The oleo nose gear are in production but have not yet left he factory. ETA on those is likely 6 weeks. The main landing gear upgrade is not ready for production yet. I talked to the Freewing last night and we cannot yet order the upgraded mains and they don't have any ETA just yet.
                          Thanks for the update Tom. The nose gear are trailing link right?

Comment

• Merry Christmas!! Do any of you have any documentation that shows where/if there is a rotating beacon(s) on the Warthog? I have the 183 page reference book on the bird and I can't find it!!!
                            LOL
                            Thanks for the help.... I thought I would shotgun the request to the entire group... I will find the reference book after one of you tells me!!! LOL That is the way it goes sometimes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              Merry Christmas!! Do any of you have any documentation that shows where/if there is a rotating beacon(s) on the Warthog? I have the 183 page reference book on the bird and I can't find it!!!
                              LOL
                              Thanks for the help.... I thought I would shotgun the request to the entire group... I will find the reference book after one of you tells me!!! LOL That is the way it goes sometimes!!
                              I got your PM Hardway and I am still trying to confirm. I had seen a video of an A-10 spooling up and taxiing out that showed a beacon on the spine of the aircraft aft of the canopy but I am having trouble locating the video now..

Comment

• I figured you were busy so I just asked everyone!! I just can't find my book and I have two nice beacons looking for a home on my new A-10!! Just got done with a strobe on one wing and about to do the other... Thanks so much!! :-) Was it on the top or bottom of the aircraft?

Comment

• Top is where I remember it being.... wish I could find that video.

Comment

• Thanks for looking. My wife saw the book I am looking for, but doesn't remember where she put it!!! LOL

Comment

• Isn't that something when wives try to "help" by putting things away for us and then we can't find a damn thing?:Confused:

Brad

Comment

• Don't know if this will help, but this is the video I used to base my A-10 off of. Except I used the Whiteman AFB markings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxDCk60gG9g

Comment

• Thanks all!!! LOL Brad...... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X