Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Evelyn and the AEF 'Best Scale Jet' hanging at the Motion RC booth.

Comment

• Once we get the 80mm A-10 flying.....Who's ready for the new Freewing 200mm A-10? :Cool:

Comment

• I think that would be more like 3048 mm. I have a friend that has the Mibo with twin turbines and it is a big bird.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I think he was talking about fan size - 200mm vs 80mm. An A-10 with a 10 foot fan would be bigger than the real one. Now that would be one heck of an electric EDF.

Comment

• Hey Twowingtj, If your talking 200mm as in 2 meter wingspan on the A-10, count me in!! I'd love to see all my favorite warbirds from Motion RC in a 2 meter wingspan like my LX P-40. Except the quality would be sooooooooo much better!!:Cool: Brad

Comment

• 2M = 2000mm
              He wants one of these: https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/edf-d...fan-motor.html

Comment

• Bill, that's some pretty good stuff! Here I was thinking that the wind only blew like that at our Field? Guess not!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                  Holy Bat :Poo: Robin ...........almost $3000 USD :Scared: Glad my interest isn't at that level :Whew:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
                    Bill, that's some pretty good stuff! Here I was thinking that the wind only blew like that at our Field? Guess not!
                    Thanks CB. I have a better video of it somewhere in my collection. That was a case of quick search and grab.
                    Lately it seems to me like the only time the winds are nice is during the week when I'm stuck at work.:Silly:

Comment

• Hey CB, that's not $ it's Drachmas or something weird, what's the exchange rate??

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Hey CB, that's not $ it's Drachmas or something weird, what's the exchange rate??

Grossman56
                        Ohhhh.............dumb:Poo: whispered in my ear that it was Euros so that's what it converted to in US:P
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just ordered the 1/10th Blacksnakes decal set from Callie for this A-10. Hopefully it'll be scaled accordingly since this is technically a bit smaller than 1/10th size.

Comment

• After I ordered the decal set, I realized that puts a good size dent in the overall cost of the jet. Is it worth it to me specifically, yes, but I would have liked that decal set or any specific decal set (especially nose art) to come with the jet to save costs. Then, I add the cost of the weapons set (I doubt that'll be included for the $499 price), and now I'm starting to tally up the total cost to quite a bit higher. Who knows, with the weapons set and decals, it could be up there in the high $500 range. That's RC I guess, as it all depends on each persons likes/dislikes, wants, etc.

Has it it been set that no large nose art decals will come with the jet??

Comment

• I think at one point, Alpha mentioned that there were going to be three livery decal sets with the bird. I don't recall which ones. I was hoping that when I got up this morning that the pre-order button would be live. Just waiting..........

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                After I ordered the decal set, I realized that puts a good size dent in the overall cost of the jet. Is it worth it to me specifically, yes, but I would have liked that decal set or any specific decal set (especially nose art) to come with the jet to save costs. Then, I add the cost of the weapons set (I doubt that'll be included for the $499 price), and now I'm starting to tally up the total cost to quite a bit higher. Who knows, with the weapons set and decals, it could be up there in the high $500 range. That's RC I guess, as it all depends on each persons likes/dislikes, wants, etc.

Has it it been set that no large nose art decals will come with the jet??
                                That was mentioned by Alpha but not set. It would required some manipulation to get a large decal to go around the nose and look right but they were trying to make it work. He painted the Black Snakes nose art on the prototype. I may paint the nose art on as well.

In post #130 Alpha mentions these markings.

Hi Mike,
                                The included decal sheet features markings from Indiana's 163rd Fighter Squadron "Blacksnakes", Louisiana's 47th Fighter Squadron "Termites", and the 23rd Fighter Group "Flying Tigers" stationed in Georgia.

Comment

• Interesting, thanks guys. I sure hope the nose art is included in those decal sets by Freewing since it's pretty much squadron based, as that's what makes many of the squadron specific markings unique. If FMS includes nose art with their 1500mm A-10, FW should be able to ;). This is a larger plane, so of course there are some differences in decal size and possible difficulties, but they are decals nonetheless (yet I do give them credit for FMS including the foam missiles, bombs, etc. set for the PNP price, and nose art included). I asked to cancel my Callie order simply to wait this out and hear what's included.

Comment

• I thought I wanted the Red Devils set, but after doing a little research found the large logos would only be useful if I made up some covers for the nacelles (static display). they are not used on the airframe itself.
                                    After hearing what is supposed to come with it and being an old "Georgia Boy" (at least the 1st 28 years of my life) will most likely use the 23rd Fighter Group

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      Interesting, thanks guys. I sure hope the nose art is included in those decal sets by Freewing since it's pretty much squadron based, as that's what makes many of the squadron specific markings unique. If FMS includes nose art with their 1500mm A-10, FW should be able to ;). This is a larger plane, so of course there are some differences in decal size and possible difficulties, but they are decals nonetheless (yet I do give them credit for FMS including the foam missiles, bombs, etc. set for the PNP price, and nose art included). I asked to cancel my Callie order simply to wait this out and hear what's included.
                                      I am holding as well until I get the plane to see what decals it comes with. Callie makes the Black Snakes markings but if it is supposed to come with them and I decide to go with them no need to order more. However, if I decide to go with the Razorbacks (which are decidedly more Hawg related) I would order from Callie and possibly paint the nose art on after assessing the decal for it. Bear in mind that FMS applied the smaller Tiger teeth decal which is I believe MUCH easier to do that a Black Snakes or Razorbacks nose art decal would be. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Has Motion changed their website for coming soon releases to be able to get email notifications for when new arrivals are available to pre-order? There are coming soon planes with out the pre-order being live but you can put in for an email notification on them. Maybe it has been like this all along but I just haven't noticed. That might be just what we need if they post the A-10 as coming soon to give us the opportunity to sign up for an email notification for when the pre-order is up. I for one might get more sleep....:Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          Has Motion changed their website for coming soon releases to be able to get email notifications for when new arrivals are available to pre-order? There are coming soon planes with out the pre-order being live but you can put in for an email notification on them. Maybe it has been like this all along but I just haven't noticed. That might be just what we need if they post the A-10 as coming soon to give us the opportunity to sign up for an email notification for when the pre-order is up. I for one might get more sleep....:Silly:
                                          It's always been first come first serve with no notifications... Just gotta be quick! ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X