Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer but at least you didn't order the hat only for them to change it to backorder or out of stock even though it showed in stock when you placed the order. I HATE when that happens! :Angry:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Wow, if that was a mockup, you should submit an A-10 design like that to a T-shirt maker............maybe with the RCM logo.........really, I'm not kidding,that would be a show stopper. Brad

Comment

• Thanks Brad but I can't take much credit...The original t-shirt design is already a real shirt...I just removed the F-18 which was on it and added our A-10 to it instead where I was playfully and rightfully reprimanded for having an A-10 flying off a Navy aircraft carrier.

:)

Here's the original which is sweet all its own! (https://aircraftmechanicshirts.com/c...-carrier-shirt) Click image for larger version  Name:	t-shirt-awesome-us-navy-aircraft-carrier-shirt-1_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.6 KB ID:	75997
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Dkalwishky on the decals it is very important that when you put them in the water to only leave them for not much more than 15 seconds oe so and then lay them on something kinda absorbent and let it set till you can slide the decale with you finger. I never put them on without applying setting solution first to what its going on. You can apply water slide decals to two different pieces one with the solution and one without and you can see the difference. The one with the solution conforms to everything every nook and planel line. It just blends almost perfect where as without they do not and the edges of the decal are alot more noticeable. Note no soap in the water. Just clean room temp water. With the solution you will have to let the decals dry ovee night and when you go back to the plane how great and how the solution caused them to conform to the plane. Hope this helps you out.:):Cool:
          Dewey l

Comment

• Thanks Dewey, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              I have used a Model Masters decal setting solution that worked well but they are not that hard to apply.
              So you have used that setting solution on foam? I have used Solvaset on static models, but never on foam...just curious! Thanks! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

So you have used that setting solution on foam? I have used Solvaset on static models, but never on foam...just curious! Thanks! Rob
                Yes, over my latex painted Mig-21.

Comment

• I have never used or heard of setting solution... Always had good luck using water only, but if there is something that will do a better job I would like to try it. Where do you purchase the setting solution???

Comment

• There are different brands. Mine is Model Masters.

Comment

• Microset and microsol for me
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• I used Solvaset, but not on foam.It isn't for the application process, but goes on when you're done. Just as has been said, it causes the decal to shrink into the panel lines and molds to the surface so that it virtually disappears. Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                          Dkalwishky on the decals it is very important that when you put them in the water to only leave them for not much more than 15 seconds oe so and then lay them on something kinda absorbent and let it set till you can slide the decale with you finger. I never put them on without applying setting solution first to what its going on. You can apply water slide decals to two different pieces one with the solution and one without and you can see the difference. The one with the solution conforms to everything every nook and planel line. It just blends almost perfect where as without they do not and the edges of the decal are alot more noticeable. Note no soap in the water. Just clean room temp water. With the solution you will have to let the decals dry ovee night and when you go back to the plane how great and how the solution caused them to conform to the plane. Hope this helps you out.:):Cool:
                          I am waiting to hear back from my buddy Dewey about what kind of solution your using for the decals. Brad

Comment

• Why is there such limited supply of this model and other new models? I know there must be a good reason. I just cannot think of what it is. Can anyone help me out here?

Comment

• Pent up demand for a big, grass capable A-10! The other options on the market for the last x years haven't really interested me because of the landing gear not being grass capable long term.

The other issue is production rate. Any new product goes through start up issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                Why is there such limited supply of this model and other new models? I know there must be a good reason. I just cannot think of what it is. Can anyone help me out here?
                                Demand. These are very popular. I think the p38 went through 3 batches before we could keep them in stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                  Why is there such limited supply of this model and other new models? I know there must be a good reason. I just cannot think of what it is. Can anyone help me out here?
                                  I don't think there's limited supply; remember that Freewing and MotionRC are smaller companies and are probably doing all they can to keep up with the demand. This is like the Holy Grail for us jet warbird fans... a huge A-10 that's grass-field capable at a great price point. They are gonna sell a ton of these!

Speaking of.... just wondering.... lots of folks got their Avanti shipping notices yesterday. Any chance we Batch #1 A-10 customers will get the same happy email to our inboxes? I'm in NC and usually get pacakges from MRC in 2 days. If it ships today, I'll get it Friday which means I'll get it built Friday/Saturday and fly it Sunday. Just trying to plan my weekend. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
                                    Speaking of.... just wondering.... lots of folks got their Avanti shipping notices yesterday. Any chance we Batch #1 A-10 customers will get the same happy email to our inboxes? I'm in NC and usually get pacakges from MRC in 2 days. If it ships today, I'll get it Friday which means I'll get it built Friday/Saturday and fly it Sunday. Just trying to plan my weekend. LOL
                                    If the Avanti folks started getting notices yesterday then I suspect (as has been written) us A-10 guys will see them by the end of the week. I wonder if they'll get all of the Avanti orders out first then move to the A-10....

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

If the Avanti folks started getting notices yesterday then I suspect (as has been written) us A-10 guys will see them by the end of the week. I wonder if they'll get all of the Avanti orders out first then move to the A-10....
                                      That would great.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I already got mine... ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          I already got mine... ;)
                                          LOLNow be nice:Pand no instigating :Scared:
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X