X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheyCallMeJefe View Post
    One thing for sure is its big but I say the bigger the better.
    Amen, that's my motto!

Alpha's photo underscores the fact that as large as she is, she can still be easily transported even in a compact car's trunk! Amazing.

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      TheyCallMeJefe, she's big but can still fit in a compact car trunk.

Considering our single 90mm jets were $499, it's frankly insane of us to offer this much larger and much more expensive to develop/produce/ship twin 80mm A-10 for the $499 preorder, but hey, we're counting on the voluminous support from our customer family out there to make it worth the effort. We like to say around here that no one's getting rich in our business, but in our book, Passion trumps Profit, any day of the week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6290.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	63191
      All I know is I cant wait. After seeing it in action my excitement has reached the max.

Comment

Twowingtj, the A-10's rudders are 580mm apart. I can fit this 1700mm wingspan A-10- 1600mm Spitfire, and 80mm Avanti all in a Toyota Camry, with room for a passenger and battery bag, camera bag. Tool box. Could have fit another plane width wise in the back seat if I needed to, just needed some pillows.

Name:	A-10 Spitfire and Avanti in Camry.jpeg
Views:	637
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	61412

I posted this picture the other week but I like it so I'll post it again. This underscores how much of a non-issue these big planes are to transport in small cars. I'd actually much rather transport three big planes like this than three smaller 1200mm planes with the wings on.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I cant find this A-10 on the site - where is it? I want 2! lol

Comment

• We are still waiting for the pre-order to be activated so it is not quite available yet.

Comment

• Comment

• Here's some pics I took from the AZ Electric festival on Friday.

Comment

• Does anyone know the size of the rims/tires. I have a short runway and I'm interested in possibly putting a break system from JP Hobby on them. Thank you.

Comment

We like to say around here that no one's getting rich in our business, but in our book, Passion trumps Profit, any day of the week.

Name:	image_6290.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	63191
                    I understand the need for balance, a business run solely for the profit will not make the decisions that excite the customer base as you are doing. It doesn't bother me a bit if you get rich off of your business, good for you if you do. I want you to make a good profit. Without a good profit you limit the ability of the business to enable your passion. So go ahead, make some money, and keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamiew View Post
                      Does anyone know the size of the rims/tires. I have a short runway and I'm interested in possibly putting a break system from JP Hobby on them. Thank you.
                      I believe they are bigger than anything JP offers so not sure if that can be done.

Comment

• Hi, guys. Here's an update on our A10 GAU-8 Avenger cannon sound for our ShockWave2 sound system.

I have been working closely with one of our customers, in Georgia, who is an ex A10 pilot and has installed our ShockWave2 sound system with the GAU-8 Avenger cannon sound in his turbine powered model A10. After several iterations, I now have a very good sound recording of that cannon. This was recorded on the ground from a test firing on a test bench so there is no extraneous noises or effects such as Doppler shift or engine noise or ground action noise. I have removed much of the echo and here is what he had to say about it :

"That’'s your best one yet! What little bit of echo remains actually adds to the authenticity. I took a look at some on line videos of A-10’s firing and was reminded that the “gun firing” sound is indeed complex (what I previously described as a “fuller” sound) due to the supersonic travel of the bullets and the mechanics of the gun itself. This clip is very good in my opinion."

Our ShockWave2 sound system has been in production for a long while and this sound is available NOW.

Comment

• Way to go David....was good to hear it. I knew you had one and were working on another. Loaded the same thing on my card as well.

Would that be Kelly Leggett you're working with ;)
                          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Not to start any debate, bias, etc., only the facts in a supportive discussion, what are the pros and cons of the Model Sounds Inc. sound system versus the MrRCSound system?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                              Not to start any debate, bias, etc., only the facts in a supportive discussion, what are the pros and cons of the Model Sounds Inc. sound system versus the MrRCSound system?
                              Well buddy, Knowing as much as I do about both, and liking and having several both, My prior inside participation and support with both, I am not going to get into this one and have either one rubbed backward against the other. They are both good sound systems and it's really a personal choice.

I will comment on this though: The shockwave2 have far more user programmability and control than the MR. RCSound V4.1 or Aspire sound system has, but also requires more computer use savieness ;), whereas the MR. RCSound V4.1 or Aspire sound system is simpler to set up....in addition to the base cost of one in relation to the other
                              Brandon Moon

Comment

• Here are some pictures this weekend from the Arizona Electric Festival. Was good to finally meet Tony and Evelyn in person and spend some time with them. and also let Tony have the chance to fly the FMS 70mm A10.
                                The FW 80mm A10 I finally got to see in person is outstanding and both birds flew great.
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice shots, thanks for sharing!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice pics Brandon. I heard that the Avanti S was there also, but haven't seen it in any pics. If you have any can you post them on that thread? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

Well buddy, Knowing as much as I do about both, and liking and having several both, My prior inside participation and support with both, I am not going to get into this one and have either one rubbed backward against the other. They are both good sound systems and it's really a personal choice.

I will comment on this though: The Shockwave2 has far more user programmability and control than the MR. RCSound V4.1 or Aspire sound system has, but also requires more computer use savieness ;), whereas the MR. RCSound V4.1 or Aspire sound system is simpler to set up....in addition to the base cost of one in relation to the other
                                      This forum is not the place to start a discussion about the pros and cons of either sound system. This thread is about the Freewing A10 model, not a comparison of sound systems.

However, I will just comment on Brandon's suggestion that you need more "computer saviness" with our ShockWave2 system. That, in fact, is not true if you want to use it out of the box.. They all come ready configured and ready to use. You do NOT need any computer skills whatsoever in order to use it as is, out of the box. However the computer based programmability and flexibility is built right in for those more advanced users who want to change any of the many configurable settings available to the user at a later date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                                        Way to go David....was good to hear it. I knew you had one and were working on another. Loaded the same thing on my card as well.

Would that be Kelly Leggett you're working with ;)
                                        No it's not Kelly Leggett. The gentleman's name is Craig Gottschang of the Georgia Jets Flying Club (georgiajets.org) Their field is in Gay, Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Model Sounds Inc. View Post

This forum is not the place to start a discussion about the pros and cons of either sound system. This thread is about the Freewing A10 model, not a comparison of sound systems.

However, I will just comment on Brandon's suggestion that you need more "computer saviness" with our ShockWave2 system. That, in fact, is not true if you want to use it out of the box.. They all come ready configured and ready to use. You do NOT need any computer skills whatsoever in order to use it as is, out of the box. However the computer based programmability and flexibility is built right in for those more advanced users who want to change any of the many configurable settings available to the user at a later date.
                                          I don't mind starting another thread, but folks here that are interested in this jet are interested in purchasing a sound system purely for this plane. That's why it's a valid discussion to have here ;). If anything, it'll help sales with both systems.

Comment

Working...
                                          X