Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0436.JPG Views:	1 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	61187Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0418.JPG Views:	1 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	61186Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0427.JPG Views:	1 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	61184Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0432.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	61185 Well, I just had to keep adding some fun to this 1/10th pilot figure. I'll likely end up going with some Black Snakes decals, so I printed out a sectional chart (because they look cooler than some other charts ;), LOL) associated with the IN area where the Black Snakes squadron is located, and then printed out and scaled down an IFR approach plate, ILS/LOC RWY5. I folded up the chart larger than it would actually come in full scale just for easy visual reference of it as it lies under the approach plate. Ha-ha. I secured them on the pilot figure thigh with a prop saver. I'll look for some Velcro of some sort to make it more realistic soon. I also added more detail to the nose piece of the mask, and some other details. I'm having tons of fun with the realism of the figure. Thanks JHH for the incredible mold for us hobbyists to get a chance to own and paint these figures to our hearts content (don't raise the price, hahaha). Maybe after some more painting and detailing, the pilot figure will just get up and walk away trying to find his jet, Toy Story style LOL:Smug::Ghost:.

Maybe the forum compresses pictures, but when I chose Medium size, the pictures degraded quality a lot and look blurry for some reason. It definitely doesn't look like that. Ha-ha

Comment

• Nice detail there T-CAT. I wonder if there would be any possibility of adding some scale like cockpit details as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Nice detail there T-CAT. I wonder if there would be any possibility of adding some scale like cockpit details as well?
        Thanks! That would be great to see some scale cockpit detail. This plane deserves it.

Comment

• Maybe somebody could make decals out of this picture I found for the cockpit. I couldn't upload the full size because it was too big. If anyone is interested let me know and I will email you the full size version. You could also just google a-10 cockpit and it is be under images. This is not mine I just found it and thought it would work well.

Comment

• I found that same image and thought the same thing. Gonna at least try.

Comment

• Hi Medfire, welcome to Hobby Squawk! The final production A-10 will have an instrument panel, and clear plastic HUD with accurate framing. That decal set you found appears to be for the latest A-10C with the newest upgraded screens, and has even more detail than what we'll be using.

As for cockpit detail, yes, this model has a big cockpit which is a detailer's dream. I've sheeted the cockpit of my pre-production test plane #04 with 0.5mm styrene and electrical tape to eliminate bubbling in the sun at the AEF event coming up next weekend. While I was in there, I took 90 minutes to quickly throw together a standoff scale ejection seat and assorted other features often seen in an A-10 office. I like your sectional chart, T-Cat! I haven't done that on mine, but instead I wrapped up some folded post-its notes with textured masking tape and painted it to simulate the stow bag often seen on the port side dashboard, where charts are often kept during a flight.

I'll finish off the cockpit tomorrow night when I have more time, the send it to Freewing for any final adjustments to the instrument panel decals and other details. To keep cost down, we don't do plastic cockpits anymore, but again as with so many areas on this big Hog, the point is we hope models like this bring out the Modelers in all of us.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Apologies for the delay, everyone, this thread has been restored. Back to the discussion we were all having!

Comment

• Alpha, I had a question. Is the 90mm setup and option at preorder? Will it include a full plug and play solution? Nacelle, fans, esc, motors? If we have 90mm setups, will the nacelles alone be available?
                  can't wait to hit preorder the second it's live!
                  thanks,
                  jarred

Comment

• Looking at storage location space for this one. Alpha and/or xplaneguy, what is the tailspan to the outside of the rudders? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpinn View Post
                      Alpha, I had a question. Is the 90mm setup and option at preorder? Will it include a full plug and play solution? Nacelle, fans, esc, motors? If we have 90mm setups, will the nacelles alone be available?
                      can't wait to hit preorder the second it's live!
                      thanks,
                      jarred
                      Alpha, For what it is worth I would be interested in an orderable full 90mm upgrade package as well. Not just the Nacelles, but the complete offering.

Comment

• My apologies to any lost posts and the temporary removal of the thread. I was attempting to remove a duplicate post and while I selected the individual post, I chose the wrong option (Delete Topic instead of Delete Post) and that's all she wrote. With new protocols in place It's a mistake I won't make again.

Sorry folks, I Dumb Thumbed it! :Silly:
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          My apologies to any lost posts and the temporary removal of the thread. I was attempting to remove a duplicate post and while I selected the individual post, I chose the wrong option (Delete Topic instead of Delete Post) and that's all she wrote. With new protocols in place It's a mistake I won't make again.

Sorry folks, I Dumb Thumbed it! :Silly:
                          As penance, you should get MRC to offer a deep discount for members of this forum for the A-10, when it finally hits the streets. I think that that'd only be fair...

---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                            As penance, you should get MRC to offer a deep discount for members of this forum for the A-10, when it finally hits the streets. I think that that'd only be fair...
                            Pure gold! You sir are my hero! :)
                            Pat

Comment

• Twowingtj, the A-10's rudders are 580mm apart. I can fit this 1700mm wingspan A-10- 1600mm Spitfire, and 80mm Avanti all in a Toyota Camry, with room for a passenger and battery bag, camera bag. Tool box. Could have fit another plane width wise in the back seat if I needed to, just needed some pillows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10 Spitfire and Avanti in Camry.jpeg
Views:	641
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	61412

Comment

• Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post

Alpha, For what it is worth I would be interested in an orderable full 90mm upgrade package as well. Not just the Nacelles, but the complete offering.
                                Hi Trobinson99 and Jpinn, we will announce all orderable configurations soon. The mainstay 80mm PNP version, and an ARF PLUS version, will be available. Nacelle size, PNP vs ARF PLUS, ordnance options, accessories.... comically, there are TWELVE different configurations for a single color scheme aircraft, and we won't be able to stock them all as individual SKUs. Doing so poses far too great a risk that we have stagnant inventory on a particular configuration or more, so there will be some overlap. For example, the empty 90mm nacelle foam might be sold separately. We'll announce the final orderable configurations soon once finalized.

The good news is that production has started as of today. :)

Comment

• Awsome Alpha. Thanks for the response and extra details. Both the A-10 and the Avanti S are being added to my hanger for sure as soon as they are available. Got to make sure I save room to transport my wife's planes too. The fact the the wings are removable on both of those airframes makes it a non-issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

The good news is that production has started as of today. :)
                                    YAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      Sounds fair in theory! :Silly: LOL :P

My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I received some questions about the A-10's internal spar layout. Suffice to say we've logged over 400 flights on a variety of test aircraft and we're confident the A-10's flight surfaces can handle anything a responsible RC pilot will put the aircraft through.

Short of posting screenshots of my CAD file, I do have photos of an unpainted A-10 held up to the light, with the internal spar arrangement visible inside the foam. For both the main wing and the horizontal stabilizer, we've used an interlocking rib and spar structure. Two carbon round rod spars are inserted through the fuselage, and the main wings slide over them from either side. The ends of these two through-fuselage spars rest in an aluminum machined knuckle above the main retract. This knuckle sets the dihedral for the outer wing section, and connects the through-fuselage spar with a square rod spar that itself goes out almost to the wingtip. The front spar and rear spar each go through a total of six plywood ribs, set in outlined hollow foam chambers, creating a framework that is rigid for strength but still slightly flexible to dampen the ride on this large aircraft as it maneuvers through a typical sport scale flight profile. The vertical stabilizers are screwed on, and a plastic plate with its own carbon square rod intersects with the horizontal stabilizer's strengthening plate.

Main wing with internal carbon, aluminum, and plywood structure:

Name:	IMG_0822.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	61428

The horizontal stabilizer uses all square rod:

Name:	IMG_0818.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	61429

The only structural joint that the user has to glue is the rear fuselage. The main spine is a large carbon square rod, with two carbon round rods for lateral support. A series of boxed keys molded into the foam makes alignment hassle free.

Name:	IMG_0819.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	61430

The cavernous cavity visible in this picture makes fishing out wires easy to accomplish, if for whatever reason one of the tail's servos are being replaced. This spacious channel runs all the way forward to the battery compartment.

Name:	IMG_0837.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	61431

Comment

• Outstanding! I can't wait to get this plane ordered!

Comment

Working...
                                          X