Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After everyone went home yesterday, I tried to fly one last time and had some issues with the main gear. Needless to say, I got very lucky. Enjoy the video!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
      After everyone went home yesterday, I tried to fly one last time and had some issues with the main gear. Needless to say, I got very lucky. Enjoy the video!

I had something similar. When you plugged it in to start were all of your gear switches in the right position? When you cycled did you unplug and replug in the UBEC battery? I think that is what happened with me. So from now on I make sure all switches are in the right position before plugging in the batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        For anyone stacking batteries (I believe RCdude is and maybe some others as well), did you decide to use a completely new battery strap of larger length to accommodate the increased length needed, or did you end up combining both stock battery straps to make one (as they catch at each metal piece)?
        Been at Jet Jam and NEFI so trying to get caught up but I made an additional plywood tray that gets secured by the first battery strap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_101033.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	81854

Seems to hold well. There is more of the black shelf grip foam on the bottom as well. I had a few light hops while landing at NEFI. The flaps are much more effective at slowing the plane down than I realized and on my last landings there was no wind so I just did not stay on the throttle quite enough. No harm done in the end. Stay on the power and the landings will be fine.

Comment

• After my bounced landing, i ordered the retract unit to replace my cracked one.
          After more thought i went back and ordered a complete nose unit and a set of spare wheels as the newly resurfaced runway was harsh on the rubber.
          I have also acquired that lens laminate that was suggested in a youtube video and will dress up a canopy or two to have the static strip and reflective coating. I will offer those up after i see how my initial attempt turns out. Just that little extra touch to make a model pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Been at Jet Jam and NEFI so trying to get caught up but I made an additional plywood tray that gets secured by the first battery strap.

Seems to hold well. There is more of the black shelf grip foam on the bottom as well. I had a few light hops while landing at NEFI. The flaps are much more effective at slowing the plane down than I realized and on my last landings there was no wind so I just did not stay on the throttle quite enough. No harm done in the end. Stay on the power and the landings will be fine.
            Awesome, thanks RC. I appreciate the input and picture. :Cool:

Comment

After everyone went home yesterday, I tried to fly one last time and had some issues with the main gear. Needless to say, I got very lucky. Enjoy the video!

Did you find your retract issue?? I had a similar problem with my FW F-86, the retract worked on the ground when held upside down but once in the air the one retract would drop down or not go up at all, turned out to be one of the micro switches in the retract circuit board, the one that tells the retract when to stop when retracted, easy fix. If your still having trouble you might want to check that out, unless you found the issue already???

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Did you find your retract issue?? I had a similar problem with my FW F-86, the retract worked on the ground when held upside down but once in the air the one retract would drop down or not go up at all, turned out to be one of the micro switches in the retract circuit board, the one that tells the retract when to stop when retracted, easy fix. If your still having trouble you might want to check that out, unless you found the issue already???
                I haven't looked at it yet; I'm hoping to start on that today. I'm also hoping it's just a loose connector somewhere.

Comment

Here's another video from yesterday; a friend/club-mate and I had a blast trying to fly our A-10's in formation. Enjoy!

Very nice:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Figured out my right gear problem. The strut is loose in the retract itself, so it turns side to side. It must have turned enough to bind, hence the reason why it wouldn't retract. Going to take off the plastic cover and tighten things up.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	81919Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	81920
                      Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	0617171411b_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	81807

I put 19 flights on mine (OS tail flash) over the last 3 days at the Jet Jam! Best to land with some power to stay out of the "death bounce". I did learn that if I bounce it...go around.

Congrats to those on the recent maidens!

Sean
                      Actually I think there were 6 at Jet Jam? 3 complete with decals and three nekid ones including mine, I had 4 flights with about 6 bounces. Last one broke the nose strut pin. I need to learn to land like Sean with the nose high an inch or two at touchdown. His were soft while mine bounced!

Comment

• Originally posted by petefoss View Post

Name:	
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	81919Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	81920

Actually I think there were 6 at Jet Jam? 3 complete with decals and three nekid ones including mine, I had 4 flights with about 6 bounces. Last one broke the nose strut pin. I need to learn to land like Sean with the nose high an inch or two at touchdown. His were soft while mine bounced!
                        Yup, throttle = speed, nose high AOA = smooth landing. Hope to see you next month at Skymasters.

Comment

• Our electric meet is this Sunday Tim. Hope you can make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3IFM View Post
                            Hey guys, I've been lurking here for quite a while but never contribute. I've posted this video in the other forum and really wanted to share it with everyone because I think I've got a few pretty good ideas for adding functional photo electric formation strips and canopy RCS coatings. I hope some of you enjoy these ideas, I know I've sure picked up a lot of good info from all of you and just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks! Enjoy
                            After watching the video, I thought I would at least attempt to try the canopy coating as mentioned in video. I bought the Aumo-mate transparent chameleon film. Colors change depending on light angles. Per the pics, do you guys think this is too much color? Or should it be toned down with a different transparent film?
                            I'm waiting for Hog on #2 pre-order, ordered canopy to start with cockpit details

Comment

• OK....Let's see if I can get this to work, again....."Arctic Thunder" @ 2017 EDF JetJam:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                                OK....Let's see if I can get this to work, again....."Arctic Thunder" @ 2017 EDF JetJam:
                                Would have been nice to have made the event. Great flight.
                                Tim T

Comment

• I really would love to attend that event next year. It would be a heck of a drive though and lots of time off work. I'd have to likely rent a trailer of sorts to make sure I can bring the RC equipment I need. It's sounds like everyone had a lot of fun and had the chance to meet some great people.

Comment

• We missed ya out there, Tim. Hope you are recovering well...

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hey Jetdude, Carlos from Joe Nall. Enjoy your canopy for the 80mm A-10. I would like one to go on mine. Call me with the details. 864-275-9792 Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

After watching the video, I thought I would at least attempt to try the canopy coating as mentioned in video. I bought the Aumo-mate transparent chameleon film. Colors change depending on light angles. Per the pics, do you guys think this is too much color? Or should it be toned down with a different transparent film?
                                        I'm waiting for Hog on #2 pre-order, ordered canopy to start with cockpit details
                                        I think that looks good, I'm hoping to try something similar myself soon. My cockpit has gator'd badly after a static show the other weekend so along with the tint I'm going to try and do a 3d printed interior.
                                        has anyone successfully completed a 3d printed cockpit for this A10? Would like to see some pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                                          We missed ya out there, Tim. Hope you are recovering well...
                                          Another few days on the IV antibiotics. My grandson will staying at the Boston Children's hospital for a few months. I'll definitely make the Ejets International in Ohio though. That was a great time last year also.

Comment

Working...
                                          X