Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Porkster on your maiden. It sounds like you might have needed new shorts after that one! Happy to hear you saved it from disaster.
    I am loving my A-10 and have to try to bring her in a bit slower as she tends to float by until it's time to put the mains down.
    Cheers
    Brent

Comment

• One question I don't know if it has been asked yet...Is there a noticeable difference landing on grass versus smooth surface when it comes to bounced landings? I would assume so but I don't know how many here have had grass landings?
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        One question I don't know if it has been asked yet...Is there a noticeable difference landing on grass versus smooth surface when it comes to bounced landings? I would assume so but I don't know how many here have had grass landings?
        Each surface has it's own uniqueness and would have to approach to land differently. Each grass field is different and how it's maintained. For me on grass, I let the wheels tickle the grass blades for a nice smooth fly on landing. Hard surface, plan the landing to touch down at or just passed the threshold. Especially with no brakes. The way I do it works every time. If it looks like I'm landing long I go around and try again. Just my technique, others may be different. I use flaps all the time now unless windy conditions.

Comment

One question I don't know if it has been asked yet...Is there a noticeable difference landing on grass versus smooth surface when it comes to bounced landings? I would assume so but I don't know how many here have had grass landings?
          for what it is worth I bounced on my maiden on the grass field. Slamdance 64 bounced on his second flight at the same field

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
            The bomb rack in temporary position. Any comments from the peanut gallery? Hard to place as the flaps hit the fins.
            Three Mk 82s on a TER is a more realistic load out. I don't ever remember carrying 6 on one station.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
              Finally broke into my B1RD tonight. Taking all the measurements for Callie for the Red Devils Special graphics for the Centennial at Selfridge ANG Base Michigan in August. I have to find an olive drab paint I can use and, prefer to spray it on. Suggestions?
              I'm playing with Model Master Spray (enamel) right now on some foam scraps with excellent results. My plan is to spray the verticals first since they would be the cheapest to replace if thing go south. Euro Camo is my planned scheme.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Almost there. Have to go back to Home Depot for another pipe to finish it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ckankel View Post
                  Almost there. Have to go back to Home Depot for another pipe to finish it up.
                  Nice.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Man, that is perfect for my mini van! What do you figure you spent on that? ...couldn't be much.

Comment

Nice job! Some seriously cool mod ideas there man. I would consider adding some CF strips in the weakest part of the fuse as outlined (the walls of the battery compartment)...Enjoyed the vid!
                      Thanks! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing guys improve on the idea. I've been kicking it around for some time now and it has finally just reached the point where I thought it was practical enough to share. There's a-lot of creativity around here and I knew it would be worth my time to post. Even if a person might be hesitant to cut into weaker areas, you can simply replace the decals with the photo luminescent tape. If you hold a UV flashlight on the stuff for 30 seconds, it will illuminate brightly for around 5 minutes and still glow for quite a while after that.

Comment

• I got my maiden flight out of tha way also and a follow up flight, doesn't get any better for a maiden flight when you take off and only need a couple of clicks of aileron, no elevator trim needed, full flaps at 50mm for landing and greased her right in both times. Working on getting the video up, my son left for vacation for a week and he is my go to guy for all the camera work, but anyway this is one awesome bird, it sounds better in person to me than on the videos. I used the recommended CG and 30mm up/down on the ailerons, 30mm up/down on elevator, rudder is just what ever I need to take off straight and turn it around safely. Two 45C Gensace/Tattu 5000 lipos fit perfect. No problems at all with the kit, decals were the only pain..........lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

• My buddy Steve who is full time retired had his finished and ready for maiden this morning. I stood next to him for the maiden to offer moral support since it need no trim adjustments.
                          2nd flight I ran camera and shot some video along with a few photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01996.JPG
Views:	697
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	80523Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01999.JPG
Views:	671
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	80521Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01995.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	80522
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by 3IFM View Post

Man, that is perfect for my mini van! What do you figure you spent on that? ...couldn't be much.
                            Around $30. It would have been cheaper if I didn't need all the fittings. Used 3/4" pipe since the tolerances are fairly tight. It took 3 10' pipes with about half of one left over. Everything was eyeballed except the lengthwise pipes at 31".

Comment

Around $30. It would have been cheaper if I didn't need all the fittings. Used 3/4" pipe since the tolerances are fairly tight. It took 3 10' pipes with about half of one left over. Everything was eyeballed except the lengthwise pipes at 31".
                              Well, I'd say it's a good investment since the pre-fab is around the same price, not as stable, and doesn't have the wing slots like that. Well done!

Comment

Nice rack! Hmm sounds like a pickup line!

Comment

• OK, time for my assessment of the A-10. First, there are 3 of these at my field and two of them were there today, another member is waiting in the 2nd batch to ship. Mine and FlashJordan were out as today was my turn to maiden as Steve and Jordan had already maiden theirs. I have mine with some makeup on, no livery yet still trying to decide, but all of the common water slides have been put on.

1. Our field had just been cut and was it fantastic shape. I flew my T-28 first as I haven't flown in a out a month. I grabbed my Hawg and brought it out to the edge of the runway. Then when I turned around, the peanut gallery had made it's way from the clubhouse and other spots to cop a squat to watch the flight. If I wasn't nervous already, now with an audience that would cut me NO slack on a bad flight. Pushed the throttle forward and taxied down the field and turned into the wind. I used half/TO flaps and advanced the throttle. She rolled out perfectly and tracked pretty straight. She was airborne with about 75% throttle. I cleaned up gear first then flaps. Couple of clicks of aileron and she is tracking pretty good. She is a really easy flyer, with no bad tendencies. Flys like a long wing trainer. I have the timer set to 3 minutes. At the 1 minute I bring her around and dropped gear and only half flaps. On my initial pass for landing, Jordan and everyone else here said it will float. IT FLOATS! So I powered up a little and went around. This time landed her without issue. Easy Peasy.

2. The next flight was just as uneventful. Take off, flew the circuit, dropped gear and flaps landed. Did some more trimming and getting use to her. Couple of rolls and the like.

3. Well, glad I didn't know what was happening. I guess my receiver since I didn't have my gear switch in the right position. So some things were wonky, didn't find this out until I landed. Flaps didn't work right but I am pretty sure this was my own doing for not having the gear switch in the right spot. Landed it without issue. (if I would have known what was going on, I probably would have screwed it up. LOL)

Conclusion, I LOVE THIS JET! This is my first big EDF, I have the little UMX A-10 that I have ben flying, and went from that little A-10 (26mm engines to 80mm engines) and I am hooked. I have a T-45 Goshawk to maiden soon. I did forget to add that it does silhouette on you with the gray color against a blue sky. A 3 minute flight had 60% of the battery left over. Can and will push it to 4.

Comment

Aros,

As you can see from the picture below we have a nice grass field. There were 6 flights between the two FW A-10s this morning and all of them were greased! I can not say anything about anyone else's landings, but if you keep the proper angle and fly it to ground even with a little bit of gliding you should be ok.

Comment

• Nice report, photos and info, thanks DrDeath!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Don't throw away the shipping box!!! If you don't have a transport cradle you can make one from the insulation the plane came in. I re-used the foam from the front part of the fuselage,hold down for the nacelles and the foam the cockpit part came in.
                                        In upright condition it's a great transport cradle and upside down it makes a great assembly cradle. It weighs just about nothing and it is totally free to make! :)
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• The wings fits perfectly in the 86cm wingbags. It is a tight fit but not too tight. :)
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X