X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    Pat, I’ve looked my gear over again. On my nose gear, the link is in the rear already. What am I missing? Click image for larger version  Name:	9B433ABF-9193-4FB1-BAD1-CF3CA48BBE6A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	123215
    I don't consider that to be a trailing link suspension. This is ............................ (see the difference?)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	freewing-80mm-edf-a-10-trailing-link-nose-landing-gear-strut-and-tire-b-landing-gear-motion-rc-1187521527833_1024x1024.jpg?v=1520981221.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	123220

Comment

George, I've read your posts on the reverse-the-mains subject. I'll look at that when I get home this evening.

I'm flying a telemetry Lemon receiver, which will be downlisting the Main Battery voltage. But, just so I go into the flight informed, with two Admiral 6S-5000s, roughly how long should I expect the flight to be... mixed throttle and WOT the whole time?
      I'll have to check my transmitter but I think I have it set to 3 minutes but can go 4.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• The factory nose gear is an oleo strut. The pic above is a trailing link....
        The “link” in the bottom pic goes to the nose of the bird, not the back like the oleo. So trailing link is a bit tricky, if not familiar with what is meant.... Hope that helps some! I reversed the mains via Tired Iron’s suggestion and it works wonders......

Comment

• Had to look carefully, but I see the difference in the two nose gear struts.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

Had to look carefully, but I see the difference in the two nose gear struts.
            The single factor that defines a trailing link is for the wheel axle to trail behind the strut. Just like on your super market trolley, this gives the wheel one important quality: It wants to run straight.

There are numerous suspension benefits too, but tracking is the main purpose.

There are various ways to implement trailing link gear. A leading knee joint is common, but far from the only route.
            Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Seems to me that if you upgrade all three gears, your getting rid of the problem with the mains and adding a problem with the nose gear. IMHO just replace the mains and keep the nose gear. The fact that the T.I. reversal has been such a game changer for so many, including myself, proves my point. If it ain't broke. don't fix it.. It's just that simple.
              Brad

Comment

• For me, I have had such great experience with my Stinger 90, I feel good replicating that! It has oleo mains and TL nose gear. I fly off pavement and I look at it as an ounce of prevention... Rob

Comment

• Hey Guys...I was just out in the garage charging my batteries for what I hope will be my first flying opportunity of 2018, and I noticed that one of my stickers on the vertical stab has come off, and others are loose. Does anyone have a left over set of stickers for the 74th Flying Tigers? I'll be happy to get some $$ to you to cover cost+shipping! Also, any tips on how to glue down the ones that are peeling off? I thought maybe a watered down solution of white glue over them? Thanks! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                    Hey Guys...I was just out in the garage charging my batteries for what I hope will be my first flying opportunity of 2018, and I noticed that one of my stickers on the vertical stab has come off, and others are loose. Does anyone have a left over set of stickers for the 74th Flying Tigers? I'll be happy to get some $$ to you to cover cost+shipping! Also, any tips on how to glue down the ones that are peeling off? I thought maybe a watered down solution of white glue over them? Thanks! Rob
                    I have mine left. PM me your address and I will get them off in the mail, no cost. As for the fix, I used 1 coat of Krylon colormaster satin clear and sprayed the whole thing after all decals were applied. Didn't turn glossy and blended the decals into the paint.

Comment

• Peel the loose stickers off.

Spray the back of the stickers with 3M formula 77 and let dry to tacky. Spray LIGHTLY again and immediately apply to the model.

The hard part is getting the stickers to stay in place while you spray them.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                        Hey Guys...I was just out in the garage charging my batteries for what I hope will be my first flying opportunity of 2018, and I noticed that one of my stickers on the vertical stab has come off, and others are loose. Does anyone have a left over set of stickers for the 74th Flying Tigers? I'll be happy to get some $$ to you to cover cost+shipping! Also, any tips on how to glue down the ones that are peeling off? I thought maybe a watered down solution of white glue over them? Thanks! Rob
                        After applying the decals/stickers to the plane for the first time, spraying a cleacoat of Minwax Polycrylic can do a good job keeping the decals and stickers in place. In a scenario where I didn’t clearcoat the plane and the decals/stickers started to peal at the edges, I’ll carefully apply a little FoamTac glue to the edge that’s peeling. A good chunk of the time that works for me. Hopefully that works for you as well. :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks for the good inputs guys! The weird part is I did clear coat it with Dull Cote after the stickers. Rob

Comment

• Hey guys, I need a little help here with my build. I am finding that the only way to get my receiver (Spektrum AR-610) is to plug the lead coming out of the BEC into the bind port of my receiver. Is this normal? I thought normally the throttle lead powers the receiver, but my receiver won’t come on unless I plug in the BEC lead into my bind port on my receiver.

As a matter of fact, the lights and servos on the aircraft don’t come on unless I plug in the BEC lead into the bind port on my receiver.

Is this normal? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by kingneptune117 View Post
                              Hey guys, I need a little help here with my build. I am finding that the only way to get my receiver (Spektrum AR-610) is to plug the lead coming out of the BEC into the bind port of my receiver. Is this normal? I thought normally the throttle lead powers the receiver, but my receiver won’t come on unless I plug in the BEC lead into my bind port on my receiver.

As a matter of fact, the lights and servos on the aircraft don’t come on unless I plug in the BEC lead into the bind port on my receiver.

Is this normal? Thanks!
                              Yes, this is normal. For the A-10, the ESCs are not supplying any power to the RX through the throttle lead. This plane has a separate BEC that you plug into any free port on the RX (in your case the bind port). This is what sends power to the RX.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                Yes, this is normal. For the A-10, the ESCs are not supplying any power to the RX through the throttle lead. This plane has a separate BEC that you plug into any free port on the RX (in your case the bind port). This is what sends power to the RX.
                                Thanks so much for the quick reply. I was worried there was something wrong with my A-10. All other EDF’s I’ve flown supply power to the receiver through the throttle, so I was really confused. I wish they would have e included something about this in the manual.

Comment

• I got to fly my A-10 for a few, final electric flights this weekend at the first rc meet of the season. -17C cannot stop determined pilots lol. Flights 159-165 done without drama of any kind

Turbine conversion next.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
                                    I got to fly my A-10 for a few, final electric flights this weekend at the first rc meet of the season. -17C cannot stop determined pilots lol. Flights 159-165 done without drama of any kind

Turbine conversion next.

https://youtu.be/rwduIUiO8tQ
                                    Wow! That is dedication. You must be in Canada somewhere. Don't you guys have a building season? I'll be very interested in how the turbine conversion works out.
                                    Good luck, Brad

Comment

• I'm just north of Montana and there are few weeks that go by during the winter months that we don't fly. Admittedly, -17C is a bit on the chilly side for me. My limit is around -4C, low winds. That wind chill can lower the temps dramatically.

Comment

• I've flown at 31 degrees farenheit which is about -1C but from late December 'til early April my field has standing water on it and anyone dumb enough to drive a vehicle down there risks it becoming a monument.:Scared: So that's the building season for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Wow! That is dedication. You must be in Canada somewhere. Don't you guys have a building season? I'll be very interested in how the turbine conversion works out.
                                          Good luck, Brad

As for the build, I will make a thread or page for it somewhere and definitely refer from both here and rcgroups / universe

Comment

Working...
                                          X