X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
    I just received notification that new nose gear is in stock .
    John:

Me too - just ordered my nose gear - only TWO LEFT now.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

I don't understand why you'd do that?
      we don't know if it'll solve the bounce issue and we don't know how scale they'll look.
      you could have bought a set, evaluated them, then got another if you liked them so much on the second round? Please tell me you have two A10's, otherwise I think it's a little unfair on those who really wanted a set and were having landing issues who have now missed out?
      One for me and one for a friend, so yes....two A-10's. Unfair? I think it's unfair that I had to pay for them.

Comment

• FRACK!!! This really chaps my butt. I am the one who requested these upgrade struts months ago directly from Alpha,because of field conditions, and was assured at the time that I and others with this issue would have the first opportunity to order them when they became available. In spite of the fact that my friend Rob gave me a headsup they were all gone by the time I placed the order this morning. I also did not get the email notification either. Anyway, I put in a request for another notification when the next run comes in. I hope all the people who swear they don't need these gear upgrades because they make such good landings all the time will keep their grubby hands off of the next run 'til those of us that do really need them, because of field conditions, can get them.
        Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post

One for me and one for a friend, so yes....two A-10's. Unfair? I think it's unfair that I had to pay for them.
          fair enough, that's of course totally justifiable. Sorry for the rant, I thought your original post came across as boastful that you'd secured two sets for yourself. Text can quite easily be misinterpreted.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
            FRACK!!! This really chaps my butt. I am the one who requested these upgrade struts months ago directly from Alpha,because of field conditions, and was assured at the time that I and others with this issue would have the first opportunity to order them when they became available. In spite of the fact that my friend Rob gave me a headsup they were all gone by the time I placed the order this morning. I also did not get the email notification either. Anyway, I put in a request for another notification when the next run comes in. I hope all the people who swear they don't need these gear upgrades because they make such good landings all the time will keep their grubby hands off of the next run 'til those of us that do really need them, because of field conditions, can get them.
            Brad
            Same Here Brad! :( If there are only a handful of us who are Not "Perfect Pilots" And we're the only ones having Bronco Billy issues, How on Gods Green earth did these sell out in a matter of hours?

Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
              FRACK!!! This really chaps my butt. I am the one who requested these upgrade struts months ago directly from Alpha,because of field conditions, and was assured at the time that I and others with this issue would have the first opportunity to order them when they became available. In spite of the fact that my friend Rob gave me a headsup they were all gone by the time I placed the order this morning. I also did not get the email notification either. Anyway, I put in a request for another notification when the next run comes in. I hope all the people who swear they don't need these gear upgrades because they make such good landings all the time will keep their grubby hands off of the next run 'til those of us that do really need them, because of field conditions, can get them.
              Brad
              Brad:

I definitely hear what you're saying. Not sure if you were looking for nose gear (as I was) or main gear. Regardless, I was fortunate enough to see the e-mail early this morning and ordered my gear...and then I immediately posted here that there were only TWO nose gears left after my order. Even though I was able to secure my order, I was disappointed for others on this forum who would find out all too late that the nose gear was back out of stock. The reason I say this is because about 3 weeks ago, I contacted Motion RC via e-mail and they responded back that "...there are a ton of them coming in after they clear customs in about 2-3 weeks." Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the guys at Motion RC for replying and it made me check every day to see if they were in, but I hesitate on calling the amount that came in as a "ton of them" based on what I'm reading from you guys who missed out. Perhaps only a small amount cleared customs and there are several more in the pipeline? That would be great. Anyway, good luck to everyone and I hope they come in ASAP.

Regards,
              Jim

Comment

• Tom indicated the first batch would be small but a larger batch of mains was coming right after them. I think delayed a bit for Chinese New Year. Regardless I do believe they are in the pipeline.

See post #7472

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Tom indicated the first batch would be small but a larger batch of mains was coming right after them. I think delayed a bit for Chinese New Year. Regardless I do believe they are in the pipeline.

See post #7472
                  I remember reading that as well.

Comment

Tom indicated the first batch would be small but a larger batch of mains was coming right after them. I think delayed a bit for Chinese New Year. Regardless I do believe they are in the pipeline.

See post #7472
                    Great - thank you!!

Regards,
                    Jim

Comment

See post #7472
                      I remember quite well too as it was a response to me.;)
                      So to further expound on Tom's writing, he also indicated that the large batch of nose trailing link and oleo main struts are (quote) " There are a lot more of both nose and main upgrades in a container which just left a few days ago." which was posted on Feb 16th on the post#7472 as noted by Steve. For those that are not familiar with overseas container shipping, the average transit times are usually 1-2 months.
                      Just have some patience and they will get here.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Mine are still working great:)
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• So's mine- at least they were in October. :Cool:
                          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Clearblue View Post

Same Here Brad! :( If there are only a handful of us who are Not "Perfect Pilots" And we're the only ones having Bronco Billy issues, How on Gods Green earth did these sell out in a matter of hours?

Jim.
                            Great minds think alike Jim. I don't feel any great need for the nose gear upgrade as generally you don't land on the nose gear unless of course you get bounced back into the air and then stall back down on the nose. You set down on the nose after you've touched down on the mains. Anyway, just hope the next "bigger" batch gets here for the start of the season and we don't get scooped again.
                            Brad

Comment

• OK, I've got to put this out there.... I don't understand why it's assumed these straight struts will solve the Hog's landing issues (for those that are having them). Sure, the geometry's a bit different but they'll still have strong springs. If you don't wish to add damping (or is it dampening?) turn the struts around (Tired Iron's solution) and eliminate the "springing". A smaller front wheel may help as well. The only thing for sure about these new struts is they'll look more scale, and wanting that I completely understand, and I thought that's why they were promised back when. Hoping these are going to solve the landing issues (again, if you have them) might be a path to disappointment.
                              Tom

Comment

• Very true. The trailing link nose gear was supposed to satisfy all the grass ops guys and minimize bouncing. That is what all the hubub was about with the perception that changing to an oleo last minute was a mistake. I don't recall the mains ever being toted as anything other than simply more scale looking for the pavement guys.

Comment

Very true. The trailing link nose gear was supposed to satisfy all the grass ops guys and minimize bouncing. That is what all the hubub was about with the perception that changing to an oleo last minute was a mistake. I don't recall the mains ever being toted as anything other than simply more scale looking for the pavement guys.
                                  My thoughts exactly, I was going to get a set only for the looks, still flying stock gear with no mods, no hurry on the boat for me, don't think it will change the Bronco Billy hay ride anyway, I 'm sure some of us will find a way to send those straight struts through the top of the wing............:)

Comment

• Here's the deal guys, at least for me. Every single plane I have ever owned that had suspension on the landing gear had oleo type struts and I never had a problem with them. When MRC tried to answer the concerns about grass ops people by putting these trailing link pogo sticks in instead of the usual functional oleos...that was the problem. IMO they should have stuck with the standard setup and offered the trailing links as an option. I for one don't understand why all you pilots who are not having a problem with the trailing links are worrying yourselves about why the rest of us mere mortals want the oleo option. If you don't need them, GREAT! but quit ragging about others who want the standard type gear!!!
                                    Brad

Comment

• Anyone have a picture of these straigh struts by the way??? I wanted them because I hate the looks of the trailing links, wanted to see a set on the hog before I purchase and I see they sold out already.

Comment

• Brad, nobody is ragging anyone. The oleo mains were never offered as a fix for the bouncing issue and that is all that is being said. Therefore, if anyone wants them for that reason there is a potential for disappointment. I tell you what, I have two sets ordered because I have two A-10's but I will gladly send you one of my sets for what I paid for them plus $5 shipping and I can wait for the second set when the next batch arrives.

Comment

• My modded jet .....

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                                          X