Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just talked to Brad at MRC....he said the next container is due the end of the month.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
      I just talked to Brad at MRC....he said the next container is due the end of the month.
      Awesome, thanks :D

Definitely want straight legs for my turbine build - the specific geometry used in the A-10 trailing link mains is not a good combo with wheel brakes.
      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
        I just talked to Brad at MRC....he said the next container is due the end of the month.
        Thanks, that’s great news!

Comment

• Taking a slight diversion from the cockpit upgrade while iterations of the cockpit frame are being printed. Made a BL755 cluster bomb since I've seen it referenced on many A10 loadout documents. Knocking out an Mk-20 Rockeye next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            Taking a slight diversion from the cockpit upgrade while iterations of the cockpit frame are being printed. Made a BL755 cluster bomb since I've seen it referenced on many A10 loadout documents. Knocking out an Mk-20 Rockeye next.
            You are by far going to have the most awesome set of ordnance. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

You are by far going to have the most awesome set of ordnance. LOL
              Armed to the teeth! :)

I wad thinking of modeling the SUU-23 gun pods and mount a pair on the hog as a bit of a joke, but I might just hold off on making those just so I don't get too distracted. Need to button up my plane as weather is finally flyable now.

though I honestly will be making that gun pod later in the year since it will work with the phantom.

Comment

• I own the field I fly at so I don't need to worry about the AMA. That being said, if I ever get to the point of arming the A-10, it will involve a company named Estes. Firing a couple of rockets off the wing would be the max. But before everybody gets all over my case for talking about something that is the flying version of politicaly incorrect, as a field owner, I don't care! How's that?LOL
                Brad

Comment

• +1 downwind.

On a completely different note....

Hmm....
                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Having had a lot of experience with rc turbines, you sir are a nut... but i like it

Comment

• I finally stopped drooling over the A-10 and got one of my own. Finished the assembly last night. Everything looks great. Well, I didn't like the waterslide decals; so, I've ordered a set of all-vinyl decals from Callie, but they won't arrive until next week. So, my Hog'll fly nekkid this weekend, if the weather holds. The throws on the ailerons and elevator were crazy; so, I've got 'em toned waaaaaay down for low rates, but have allowed more throw for mid and high rates in case I'm surprised during the maiden. This plane is as fantastic as I thought it'd be. Can't wait to fly her.
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Okay, I've gone back to about page 350 and read/skimmed the posts from there to here. Now, I'm scared to land... LOL

My take aways from my morning reading are
                        - Set the CG at 86mm
                        - Land carefully. No carrier landings.

I've read that upgrade struts are being offered. Does anyone know if these upgrade struts are being included in the new kits? I'm assuming not.

I fly on a exclusively on a grass field and have a few planes that like to bounce on landing. I've gotten good at landing them (assuming that I don't have a brain fart just before touchdown). I'll extra careful to land with care.

Anything else that I should know or reinforce before I maiden this weekend?

Thanks,
                        Chuck
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Chuck,
                          the upgraded mains and nose are optional and are visible in the "Upgrades" tab on the page for the A-10. It seems that the upgraded mains are more for pavement flyers, and the upgraded nose are geared for grass flyers. Though the bucking might be more related to pavement flyers, as the grass helps dampen the impact a bit.

Comment

• Chuck,

For grass field ops, I highly recommend getting the upgraded trailing link nose gear. Even on pavement it has really tamed down the bounce on my landings.
                            Pat

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification on the struts. I’ll look at getting the upgraded nose gear. Won’t have it this weekend though. Hopefully, I can handle the bucking bronco and he doesn’t handle me!
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                Okay, I've gone back to about page 350 and read/skimmed the posts from there to here. Now, I'm scared to land... LOL

My take aways from my morning reading are
                                - Set the CG at 86mm
                                - Land carefully. No carrier landings.

I've read that upgrade struts are being offered. Does anyone know if these upgrade struts are being included in the new kits? I'm assuming not.

I fly on a exclusively on a grass field and have a few planes that like to bounce on landing. I've gotten good at landing them (assuming that I don't have a brain fart just before touchdown). I'll extra careful to land with care.

Anything else that I should know or reinforce before I maiden this weekend?

Thanks,
                                Chuck
                                Reverse the mains…
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• George, I've read your posts on the reverse-the-mains subject. I'll look at that when I get home this evening.

I'm flying a telemetry Lemon receiver, which will be downlisting the Main Battery voltage. But, just so I go into the flight informed, with two Admiral 6S-5000s, roughly how long should I expect the flight to be... mixed throttle and WOT the whole time?
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• I would also recommend setting the throws way down on elevator, rudder, and ailerons. She is a gentle giant in the air, but the manual must think it is a 3D Yak!! I moved my rudder and aileron down one hole on the servo arm. Look up the dual rates other folks have set up. Be smoooooth on the controls and keep adjusting until it feels good.

Comment

• Hey Oxotnik, She's a ***** cat really. OV-10 and I have many flights with no real bounce problems (OK, me once a short bounce). The key is Don't Come in Too Hot and keep the nose up. Touch on the mains first and keep the nose light as long as you can. The TL nose gear should help from the reports I've seen. My field is grass and has a few bumpy spots. This method seems to work well. I have not reversed the mains or done any other mods to date. I have the new nose gear and will have it changed over before the flying season starts. Relax and good luck with the maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Chuck,

For grass field ops, I highly recommend getting the upgraded trailing link nose gear. Even on pavement it has really tamed down the bounce on my landings.
                                        Pat, I’ve looked my gear over again. On my nose gear, the link is in the rear already. What am I missing? Click image for larger version

Name:	9B433ABF-9193-4FB1-BAD1-CF3CA48BBE6A.jpeg
Views:	518
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	123215
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                          Pat, I’ve looked my gear over again. On my nose gear, the link is in the rear already. What am I missing? Click image for larger version

Name:	9B433ABF-9193-4FB1-BAD1-CF3CA48BBE6A.jpeg
Views:	518
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	123215
                                          Springs toward the rear of the plane instead of up and down only.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X