X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Thanks for all of the well wishes. Yes...it's called Crows Landing in California if you want to look it up.

#Denatured alcohol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
        BUY BUY BUY BUY!
        Absolutely, BUY ONE! It was a blast detailing it, and it flies like a dream...everything about it seems like the real thing!! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
          OK guys. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one. Any suggestions? Now's the time.

To buy or not to buy. Thoughts?

Thanks,
          Definite buy! This is my best flying EDF (and I have almost all that Freewing offers), and is my all-time favorite bird to fly.

Where in AZ are you? If you are in the Phoenix area, come check out the Arizona Electric Festival happening this weekend in East Mesa:

There will be four or five A-10s flying throughout the weekend.
          Pat

Comment

• Most definitely buy it. Out of all the scale jets that Freewing has made (and other manufacturers), this is my favorite one so far. That says a lot. It’ also happens that Freewing has made my all time favorite sport jet as well, the Avanti. This has nothing to do with brand favoritism, but Freewing has won me over as a fan time and time again because of the combination of their quality, design (thanks Alpha et al.), availability (thanks to MotionRC), and cost. At this point, and for a while now, Freewing has been my manufacturer of choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
              Hello pilots.
              My maiden went great ! Not one click of trim was needed....lol.
              I took my sweet time with the flaps and approaches . Thanks so much to everyone
              involved here. Its truly a Cadilac dressed up like a Wart hog.

Many Kudos to Motion RC. Freewing. And of course the factory.

Pete
              Pete:

Congrats on the successful maiden!!! Can't wait to maiden mine - hopefully in the next couple of weeks if it warms up a bit. Enjoy!

Regards,
              Jim

Comment

• +1 with T-Cat's recommendation on both the A-10 and The Avanti.

Congrats Pete! I've been waiting to see"Old Yeller" fly! She looks great in the sky. I'm a fan of yellow on planes. They're much easier for my "you're not 25 anymore" eyes to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                  OK guys. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one. Any suggestions? Now's the time.

To buy or not to buy. Thoughts?

Thanks,
                  Are you KIDDING! What is causing your hesitation?

Comment

• Hoping to get my A-10 on the local news channel this morning to promote the Arizona Electric Festival this weekend.
                    Pat

Comment

• The A-10 is my trophy highlight jet of the hangar. I never leave for the field without her!

Get it!! You won’t regret it.

Comment

• Looks great! Who said, don't cut the throttle,AT ALL!
                        Keep the fuselage level and establish and control you're descent with throttle.
                        Your slight back pressure on the elevator was perfect and the landing was sweet
                        BTW, if you didn't cut the throttle, at all, you'd still be flying, 'til the battery died that isLOL
                        Land it like you own it!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Three of us got our A-10s on the news today!
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            Three of us got our A-10s on the news today!
                            See if the station has the video on its website, maybe you can post it here. Cool beans!
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• After flying with Hobbyking Oleos for a while, I finally decided to swap out for the FMS A-10 struts to get a bit better scale appearance. They were a bit short, so I had to fabricate a longer pin and used a strut collar as a spacer. Gear doors will be the next step..

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                After flying with Hobbyking Oleos for a while, I finally decided to swap out for the FMS A-10 struts to get a bit better scale appearance. They were a bit short, so I had to fabricate a longer pin and used a strut collar as a spacer. Gear doors will be the next step..
                                I've been wondering for 6 months if anyone was going to try them or had done that mod.
                                I'm still waiting on the A-10 main gear oleo upgrades for use on a 93" A-26 Invader.;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I've been wondering for 6 months if anyone was going to try them or had done that mod.
                                  I'm still waiting on the A-10 main gear oleo upgrades for use on a 93" A-26 Invader.;)
                                  They have probably been sitting on the bench for 6 months, waiting for me to get the proper tools.. Finally got around to picking up a tap and die set and some metric drills. The axles on the FMS gear were smaller and were threaded into the strut, so I drilled it out to 5mm, and added a set screw to get it working with the Freewing wheels and axles.

Can't wait to see the big A-26, will be quite the impressive beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Can't wait to see the big A-26, will be quite the impressive beast!
                                    I'm in a hold pattern on it and the 83" F7F waiting on motor specs info from Motion. I'll have some build threads on them when I can get some motors in hand.;)
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• So I've placed all the water slide decals on my plane today, but the text color seems to get lost over any euro gray sections. Anyone else with a euro green scheme encounter this too? Am I better off ordering callie graphics since those are black?

Will the haze go away if I do a matte clear?

debating wetting and removing these all and just using the dry transfers from callie.

Comment

• That is what I ended up doing. The water slides were intended for a light gray color scheme so they disappear on the European dark gray. The haze won't go away. My guess is the paint is too flat for the decals to stick completely.

Comment

• Most of the decals kind of disappeared on the dark brown sections of my peanut camo too.
                                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Working...
                                          X