X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

It was the USAF Heritage Flight team...a P-51, two A-10s and an F-16.

Sean
    I guess it should have been an F-15 EagleLOLGreat air to air footage and so much better than the lame halftime.
    Brad

Comment

• Calibration of esc’s:

Having read where some have had issues during this procedure, I wanted to get some help here.

Ive calibrated esc with factory supplied bec installed without issue.

This is how I think I should go about calibrating other esc:
      -unplug bec from rx
      -plug in 6S battery to esc without bec (not sure about this step)
      -turn Tx on and set throttle to 100%
      -supply rx with power from 4.8 volt battery
      -wait for tone, lower throttle to zero
      -after tone, unplug 6S pack, turn off Tx and unplug 4.8 battery to exit esc programming mode. Then ok to power up with 6S and 4.8 pack and test motor, or use both 6S packs and test both motors at the same time.

Note: I tested both motors initially and found the one with bec connected started with throttle at about 10% throttle setting and other motor started immediately after throttle input. After calibration of esc with bec, they both start at same time, and by sound, seem to be in sync throughout throttle range.

I will have the ability to test individual motor amps and voltage after wiring up jeti mui sensor, but that part of my build is not complete yet.

John
      Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• anyone know yet if these will work in the A10?

www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• The axle and connecting pin are 4.1mm on the B-24 gear pictured, but the A-10 axle and pin are 5.1mm.

Comment

• Overall length looks OK

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
              anyone know yet if these will work in the A10?

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...escription-tab
              TS....
              Back on post #758 of the B-24 thread I had inquired to the length of the strut in hopes of a possible alternative oleo strut for the A-10 while waiting on the release of the official oleo mains from Freewing.
              Whstlngdeath responded that it was 120mm from axle center to top of strut. This is exactly same length as the unloaded trailing link strut on the A-10.
              The actual B-24 tire is the same diameter as the A-10. The wheel has a smaller axle pin diameter as Hardway indicated but actually could be used cause the bolt pattern and color would only be noticed by the scale police.
              The only concern that I could see is the spring in the strut may have to be increased in tension for the additional weight.
              The B-24 with 2 4000 4S weighs approx. 3700g whereas the A-10 with 2 4000 6S weighs approx. 5400g
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• thankyou sir.. hmm..may consider giving it a try this spring if the FW gear isnt available at that time.. jonesin to fly it again.
                www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Hello pilots.
                  My maiden went great ! Not one click of trim was needed....lol.
                  Special thanks to my buddy Manny for the
                  Painstaking vidio.
                  I took my sweet time with the flaps and approaches . Thanks so much to everyone
                  involved here. Its truly a Cadilac dressed up like a Wart hog.

Many Kudos to Motion RC. Freewing. And of course the factory.

Pete

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Nice Pete!
                        Tom

Comment

• Congrats on the successful maiden.
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Nice job Pete! It sounds like you had some wind, and did I hear the infamous whistle mod??? I meant to ask before about the finish you put on...is that fiberglass, or just an incredible gloss? Beautiful landing and ending to your first sortie! Rob

Comment

• Great Maiden!!! Way to nail that landing :)
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• OK guys. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one. Any suggestions? Now's the time.

To buy or not to buy. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Comment

• BUY BUY BUY BUY!
                                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• or wait for the updated version
                                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Great flight! Right on!

Comment

• Hi pilots.

I just arrived home from work. So I can answer a few questions. Well their aren't any whistles installed.
                                        Secondly I used no glass. I simply scuffed her with a scotch brite pad. Dusted on a coat of color. Let it flash and then sprayed 2 medium coats. After that I decorated it and then sprayed 2 coats of clear.

I tried 3 different packs also.
                                        Flight one was a two year old set of Glacier 6S
                                        5300 packs. The heaviest. 35c
                                        Flite 2 was with brand new Glacier 5300 packs.35c
                                        These were smaller and lighter so were positioned an
                                        inch further up.
                                        Flite Three was with Thunder power Magna 70c
                                        packs located in the same place as used on 2nd flite.

All of the packs performed about the same.
                                        I would highly recommend buying this particular jet
                                        And really enjoyed this experience !

Pete

Comment

• You could probably land a jetliner on that wide runway. Nice runway, and congrats on the successful maiden!

Comment

Working...
                                          X