X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
    I just noted a possible issue on my ELE servos.

When they both are centered the left servo arm is 90 degrees but the right one is slightly more forward...i made a V cut in the fuselage and loose (unscrewed) the right servo arm to try to reposition but they don´t match exactly at the 90 degrees (1 extra "dent" in the servo gear forward or backward is always too much...it seems that the servo gear is not the same in both servos) and the most soft position is to let as it is (i made a fine adjustment in the pushrod distance); when centered they are equal but in full deflection the diference is 2mm, not too much.

Someone already saw this kind of problem? If yes, any suggestions? Change the servo arm hole can help this? (It´s so strange why both servos that seems equal can´t be at 90 degrees, normally you just need to reposition the servo arm 1 "dent" in the servo gear and it´s fine.

Probably i´ll never reach full deflection in the ELE so i don´t know exactly what kind of problem i can have (also i use a gyro to assist).

I´ll try to take a picture later.

Thank you all for the help.

Cheers
    My ailerons are off like that on my Avanti #2. I ended up making the rods the same length and adjusted the trim and rods (equally) until I had about the same amount off center a touch in the same direction on each servo arm. I have 12 clicks left. I was reluctant to dig into the foam or try to remove the servos and I did not want unequal rods and arms. I think this may cause differential throw but at least it is the same left and right and flies fine. My Scorpion elevators were WAY off and had to modify a horn I had (sanded down thinner a bit so as to not bottom out and bind) to make the splines land in the correct positions to be equal. If they were on separate channels you could adjust them with the transmitter. Does it stay level or roll slightly when applying elevator up and down?

Comment

• Avanti lovers, I have a question for you. I'm on my 3rd Avanti...one battery failure and one dumb thumb. Anyhow, on this 3rd one, I am going to use the gyro function of either the Admiral 6 channel or my Spektrum 7 channel rx. I want it close to the CG of course and thinking of building a small shelf near the back of the hatch opening and running extensions under the battery tray. Anyone out there using a gyro? The plane is so stable it doesn't really need it, just think it would be cool to try.

Comment

• Well, they say the third time is lucky!
        Seems to me someone did put a shelf back by the CG, I don't think I'd bother with this particular plane, each to their own though.
        My Tigercat and Avanti were the first planes I didn't put a gyro in and don't think I will simply because I don't see it adding anything.
        Let us know how it works out though.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmsflyer View Post
          Avanti lovers, I have a question for you. I'm on my 3rd Avanti...one battery failure and one dumb thumb. Anyhow, on this 3rd one, I am going to use the gyro function of either the Admiral 6 channel or my Spektrum 7 channel rx. I want it close to the CG of course and thinking of building a small shelf near the back of the hatch opening and running extensions under the battery tray. Anyone out there using a gyro? The plane is so stable it doesn't really need it, just think it would be cool to try.
          i dont know exactly where you can put your gyro in the plane, because for a gyro it need to be on a flat place, and well stuck ...

Comment

• Tmsflyer, we had an Admiral gyroceiver mounted on the flat foam shelf in the forwardmost cavity, basically alongside the steering servo. It worked just fine in that position during our evaluations. In fact almost all of the jets in which we evaluated gyros, from the 70mm F-16 to the big A-10, had those gyros mounted in the forward battery bay. EDF models rarely have a battery hatch that extends aft to the CG point.

As a matter of principle, it's ideal to place a gyro near the center, but as a matter of practice, I haven't found a significant downside to mounting in the forward battery bay. Tone down the gain if it's a major concern in context of your specific application and preference.

May your third Avanti live long!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Avanti lovers, I have a question for you. I'm on my 3rd Avanti...one battery failure and one dumb thumb. Anyhow, on this 3rd one, I am going to use the gyro function of either the Admiral 6 channel or my Spektrum 7 channel rx. I want it close to the CG of course and thinking of building a small shelf near the back of the hatch opening and running extensions under the battery tray. Anyone out there using a gyro? The plane is so stable it doesn't really need it, just think it would be cool to try.
              I did the shelf mod...
              will upload a picture tomorrow

Comment

• here it is..
                Attached Files

Comment

I added a small 1/16" plywood shelf on top of the connection board (about 1 1/4" above) and mounted an Eagle Tree Systems Guardian along with my Rx.

It works great and handles wind better than I can. I set the 2D level to have the nosewheel up about an inch so landings, if I feel the need, are a breeze.

Michael

Comment

• Hey guys, something unexpected happened to my Avanti last night. This plane hasn't been flown yet and out of the blue as I was checking the radio setup the left main gear stayed in the up position. I tried cycling time and time again but to no avail. I checked the wiring and connectors to that wing and it all looks OK, everything else, airlerons, flaps and light on the left wing work fine, all except the landing gear. Anyone knows how to get the gear out? I just can't seem to find the way to do it. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post
                      Hey guys, something unexpected happened to my Avanti last night. This plane hasn't been flown yet and out of the blue as I was checking the radio setup the left main gear stayed in the up position. I tried cycling time and time again but to no avail. I checked the wiring and connectors to that wing and it all looks OK, everything else, airlerons, flaps and light on the left wing work fine, all except the landing gear. Anyone knows how to get the gear out? I just can't seem to find the way to do it. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
                      Switch gear leads in the board and see if the problem switches sides. St that point you will know it is the individual retract. If the problem remains on the same side after switching you know it's the board. Let us know what you find out.

Ryan

Comment

Hey guys, something unexpected happened to my Avanti last night. This plane hasn't been flown yet and out of the blue as I was checking the radio setup the left main gear stayed in the up position. I tried cycling time and time again but to no avail. I checked the wiring and connectors to that wing and it all looks OK, everything else, airlerons, flaps and light on the left wing work fine, all except the landing gear. Anyone knows how to get the gear out? I just can't seem to find the way to do it. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
                        Did you unscrew the board on the wing of the non-operation retract to ensure the servo lead of the retract is properly seated onto the board? Also, check if the wing ribbon cable on that side maybe has a faulty connection just for that retract. If you switch ribbon cables from the left to right wing, does the other wing now have the issue? In addition, trying unplugging the servo lead of that retract from the wing board and run it straight into the gear port of your receiver and then see if it works. All of this will begin to help deduct what the issue is, whether that be the retract, the wing board, the wing ribbon wire, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Switch gear leads in the board and see if the problem switches sides. St that point you will know it is the individual retract. If the problem remains on the same side after switching you know it's the board. Let us know what you find out.

Ryan
                          Thanks Ryan. I tried that, definitely not the board, I suspect its the wiring going into the retract controller or the controller itself. I need to find out exactly how to get in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                            i made some new parts in 3d printing to secure the aileron horn (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2612742)
                            hope it will be useful for you and thanks to the people who think about it before me ...
                            It would be nice if Freewing used horns with backplates like FMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAPHAEL_CINTRA View Post
                              I just noted a possible issue on my ELE servos.

When they both are centered the left servo arm is 90 degrees but the right one is slightly more forward...i made a V cut in the fuselage and loose (unscrewed) the right servo arm to try to reposition but they don´t match exactly at the 90 degrees (1 extra "dent" in the servo gear forward or backward is always too much...it seems that the servo gear is not the same in both servos) and the most soft position is to let as it is (i made a fine adjustment in the pushrod distance); when centered they are equal but in full deflection the diference is 2mm, not too much.

Someone already saw this kind of problem? If yes, any suggestions? Change the servo arm hole can help this? (It´s so strange why both servos that seems equal can´t be at 90 degrees, normally you just need to reposition the servo arm 1 "dent" in the servo gear and it´s fine.

Probably i´ll never reach full deflection in the ELE so i don´t know exactly what kind of problem i can have (also i use a gyro to assist).

I´ll try to take a picture later.

Thank you all for the help.

Cheers
                              It would be nice if the servos were in mounts like the Scorpion but that would add to the price. I hate glue-in servos.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I tried that, definitely not the board, I suspect its the wiring going into the retract controller or the controller itself. I need to find out exactly how to get in there.
                                Have you inspected the multi port harness at the wing?

Comment

• Yes and checked all connections behind it, everything looks OK. The left gear is simply dead. I guess I have no choice but to peel off the decals to access the gear controller.

Comment

• CF wing fences and heated leading edges I do live in Wisconsin

Comment

• landing lights very bright makes the upper beacon look like a match all lights will be switched and powered by a 9v battery in testing found 1 9v battery will keep all lights illuminated for 10+ hours the SS switch can operate 2 strings independently

Comment

• Nice additions Rick:Cool:

Comment

• Rick Did you get these lights from motion rc? How did you connect the lights thru a control device to a mix with the front retract.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                          X