Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys, so 70mm is the right size? Hey TopGun, same question here, I like the way it looks with the nozzle. who did you get it from?

Comment

• Hey guys, Topgun here,

The nozzle I used for my mod was the Freewing F-16C 90mm tail nozzle. It is on MotionRc site and it was $2.49. The SKU# is FJ306110917

This is a large nozzle, but I took my time and cut it down till the LEDs on my afterburner ring just fit in the inside edge. Once I got it to fit
      flush with the back plate of the afterburner, I then tacked it down with hot glue. I position the afterburner on the jet with the wires in the
      12 o'clock position made a hole just big enough to feed them into the channel under the rudder. Rudder needs to be removed to do this.
      From there the wires were run up to the front of the battery compartment and connected to the afterburner controller. Replace the rudder and
      hot glued the afterburner in place after testing that all was working. I think it turned out pretty good.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.........

Comment

• Hey Guys and Gals,

Been having my Avanti in the Hanger for a couple of weeks now. Been doing some mods to it. First off to help in the area of visibility in the sky, I changed the color of the main wing tips to a florescent orange. I Fly a plane called the Rare Bear and it comes factory with orange main wings. You can see this plane anywhere in the sky with this color and Ive brought it to the Avanti. After painting the main wing tips I Min-Waxed the whole plane to seal it this also helps in keeping it clean and the decals from pealing off. You can hardly tell that it has been coated. I also did the mod that someone posted for the nose gear door spring, which was to place a rubber band around the spring and fasten it to something up top. I used one of these wall hooks that you can get from any big box store. It is easy to remove should you want to at a later date. Next up I added a bright led landing light to the nose gear and placed the controller in the battery compartment. I can turn it on and off from the radio transmitter. Last but not least, I added brakes, yes..... brakes to the Avanti. These are 2.5 inch wheels with brakes and they have a 4mm axel. I bought these off eBay, they are very nice and well constructed. You have just enough wire to bake it into the back of the battery bay, from my pictures you'll see a yellow square mounted to the side wall and that is the controller for the brakes. My radio receiver is also mounted in the back of the battery bay. It is a 9channel Lemon receiver with a satellite antenna mounted under the battery tray. I ran extension wires from the board up front to the receiver in the back, all under the battery tray. I have about 30 flights on her so far. Well she going to the field in the morning to put some more miles on her. Great plane, would be better if MotionRc would keep a better stock of them, as well as parts. I have a number of parts for it in my shop. I have a complete plane still in the box, just in case. Well Guys and Gals, enjoy the read and the pictures.

As always, Cheers..... and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom

Comment

• Can you have your friend upload the file to thingaverse so I can 3D print this ?

Originally posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
          My mod to get rid of nose gear excessive play.

A friend of mine is making me a nose gear brace/support from a clear plastic/resin. (There are white cover stickers on protecting the surface).

This is a photo of a prototype that's slightly too long, but once it's the right size with holes for the nose gear screws then we should be good to go!

It'll just glue in place.

If theres enough interest I'll look at making a few more.

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
            Can you have your friend upload the file to thingaverse so I can 3D print this ?
            Sure. Slight delay in proceedings as he's making it at work, so I don't want to pester too much. But as soon as I have the info I can forward it on. This is absolutely based on Topguns mod pics above.

Will keep you in the loop

Comment

• Here is the .STL for the Nose gear brace/support for Freewing AvantiS :
              This is a part for the Nose gear brace/support for the Freewing AvantiS in ABS or PLA, 30% filling, 0.2mm resolution, 5 layers everywhere If your plane never flew yet print the +1mm, i used the -1mm because i had a crash and i bent the front gear, i could not repaired it as a new one. -1mm = 13mm from the gear to the back of the plate 0mm = 14mm +1mm= 15mm +2mm= 16mm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0F_y3McXKQ
              Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone have any idea when the next batch of these AvantiS' are scheduled to arrive at Motion? Really like to get one on the way ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdoc View Post
                  Anyone have any idea when the next batch of these AvantiS' are scheduled to arrive at Motion? Really like to get one on the way ASAP!
                  you can get one here : http://www.f-hobby.com/freewing-80mm...-and-kit-p-415
                  or here : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...311.0.0.KuHYHa

Comment

Can you have your friend upload the file to thingaverse so I can 3D print this ?

it s done, look at post #1686

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                      Here is the .STL for the Nose gear brace/support for Freewing AvantiS :
                      https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2553111
                      Thank you !!

Comment

• Where is f-hobby? I don't see anything on their web site stating where they are located.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
                          Where is f-hobby? I don't see anything on their web site stating where they are located.
                          They are somewhere in the middle of China.

Comment

Thank you !!
                            You are welcome...
                            here are some pictures of my 3D part on the plane, I glued it with the glue that I used for the canopy ...
                            thanks to the people who think about this part before me, it was very helpful...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hello here my Freewing 80mm Avanti S is flying great ;-)

Comment

• Fly-Low ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
                                  Here is the .STL for the Nose gear brace/support for Freewing AvantiS :
                                  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2553111
                                  Is there any way to purchase one of these things. How much does it help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash korey View Post

Is there any way to purchase one of these things. How much does it help.
                                    You can make one out of balsa plywood. That's what I did. Use anything up to 1/4" thick ply. Measure the width. The length only needs to extend to just beyond the gear strut. Measure the distance between the back edge of the strut when extended and the lip of the gear opening (*). Get a drill bit the same diameter as the strut. Drill hole in middle of ply with the edge of the bit on the measurement you took earlier for depth (*). Extend the cut from the hole to form a "V". Drill 4 holes so you can access the screws that hold the retract in. Glue it in so the doors can close.
                                    As for how much it helps, that depends on how good or bad you are at landing. I land on pretty rough ground, so I made one for my Avanti S.

Comment

• Well, I've got it to the point where most of my landings with her are taxi-back-to-the-flight-line types. I'd love to see the spare parts come back on line as I need a set of front doors and I'm getting skilled at making my own tension springs for the old ones. Had a crack down the seam at the front of the fuse just aft of the front gear bay, so out with the glue and she's repaired. Also, I had the idea of pushing a staple to both sides of the crack to help keep it together as well as reinforce it afterwards, works great. I am slowly realizing where I'm making my mistakes and so I'm getting better at landing her. Take offs are soooo scale looking without flaps and everyone at the field loves her. If I had a half dozen kits I could have sold them all in the last two fly ins no problem.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Pasacek View Post
                                        Fly-Low ;-)
                                        Looks great Martin! You have a nice flying field there.

Comment

• Grats grossman. It's a good start lol. ;)

nice low passes martin, (n using 3DHS trademarks hahaha) . :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X