Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin Pasacek View Post
    Fly-Low ;-)
    your low pass are made with or without flap ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash korey View Post

Is there any way to purchase one of these things. How much does it help.
      where are you from ?

Comment

• Here is my last change on the front gear, I added a small piece of silicone tube, 6mm diameter on the axe, better if you are on grass ...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdoc View Post
          Anyone have any idea when the next batch of these AvantiS' are scheduled to arrive at Motion? Really like to get one on the way ASAP!
          About 3 weeks I was told today.

Comment

• Avanti #2. The aileron horns won't pull out this time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post

your low pass are made with or without flap ?
              Hello with flaps. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonicman View Post

Looks great Martin! You have a nice flying field there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                  Grats grossman. It's a good start lol. ;)

nice low passes martin, (n using 3DHS trademarks hahaha) . :)

Comment

• For the first flight what would you set the aileron rate at in MM. I am a experienced flyer with 30 years of flying warbirds and gas planes. I would like a soft setting for my first flight. Thanks

Comment

• Use the recommended low rate setting from the manual as your high rate. This thing rolls super quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by alb1661 View Post
                        For the first flight what would you set the aileron rate at in MM. I am a experienced flyer with 30 years of flying warbirds and gas planes. I would like a soft setting for my first flight. Thanks

for me it's 10% less than low rate with expo 25-30 %, after that make your own change ...

Comment

• OK, finally should be able to fly this weekend. Long story, but no radio. I balanced my Avanti at about 106mm with the gear up. With the gear down of course, I get tail heavy. I was wondering what was most of the people here experience with changing CG and gear deployment? I have a few EDFs T-45 and A-10 and the small UMX A-10 so EDFs are not a problem. Plus I have a lot of experience with others

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
                            OK, finally should be able to fly this weekend. Long story, but no radio. I balanced my Avanti at about 106mm with the gear up. With the gear down of course, I get tail heavy. I was wondering what was most of the people here experience with changing CG and gear deployment? I have a few EDFs T-45 and A-10 and the small UMX A-10 so EDFs are not a problem. Plus I have a lot of experience with others
                            At 106mm, it will be quite nose heavy. Most of us are setting CG at 115-116mm with the gear down. That seems to be the sweet spot. At that point, gear position has almost no noticable effect. If you haven't done it already, be sure to tame the ailerons way down. Based on your current EDF line-up, this bird will feel comfortable very quickly. A real pleasure to fly. Good Luck on the maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

At 106mm, it will be quite nose heavy. Most of us are setting CG at 115-116mm with the gear down. That seems to be the sweet spot. At that point, gear position has almost no noticable effect. If you haven't done it already, be sure to tame the ailerons way down. Based on your current EDF line-up, this bird will feel comfortable very quickly. A real pleasure to fly. Good Luck on the maiden.
                              I will check it at about 115-116 with the gear down tomorrow night. But here it is at 106 with a ThunderPower 5000 6s in it and the wheels retracted. Pretty dead on. But with the gear extended, tail heavy. Will see what I get with 115 and gear down with the battery at the same location

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Oct 04, 7 43 42 PM.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	99462

Comment

• OK, I don't like MotionRC anymore! They are going to make me spend more money on EDFs. I got two flights on my brand new AvantiS this morning before the wind game and I flew others that I brought. Let's just say one word.....WOW! This plane was incredible. Grass ops were a breeze. My T-45 sometime doesn't like the grass and the small front gear is a pain in the butt. But the Avanti was FAN-tastic. First flight was a short rollout of about 150 before she was airborne. I went to full throttle and before I knew it, I was easing back in the stick and she was up. About 5 clicks of right and 2 of up she was trimmed. CG is about 110 and she flew great. Only issue was stupidity on my part. On downwind leg I dropped flaps and she ballooned because I forgot to add in Elevator compensation and of course didn't try this at about 200 feet for the Oh-S#*T factor. Picked up my flaps and continued with my landing sequence. Turned to base then final and smooth landing. Floated a little bit but stable. Added 5% more expo on the second flight and it tamed her down a bit more.

Best plane I have seen in this class on grass. Grass ops wasn't an issue. She took off without issue. Used ThunderPower 70c 5000s in her. Will try a 45 and my Admiral 50c 5K next time. Overall, great looking plane and great flyer.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden DrDeath!:Cool: She's a keeper for sure. On the ballooning, had you slowed her down well before dropping the flaps? My flaps are set at the mm mentioned in the manual and only have about 4% elevator mix at full flaps. No ballooning seen at all. She's pretty light, so too much airspeed at deployment will make her pop up. Also might want to try having the flaps deploy at a 2 second speed if your transmitter has that capability. Makes them come down gradual instead of popping down suddenly. It helps.

Just an additional note: Some have reported that going more than a 2 second transition time on the flaps has caused some flap glitches. 2 seconds is my normal set-up, so have not seen any.

Comment

• Does this plane come with a pilot ? If not, which one are you guys using ?

Comment

• No mate no pilot comes with the plane. People are using anything they like - star wars characters, minions whatever... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Congrats on the maiden DrDeath!:Cool: She's a keeper for sure. On the ballooning, had you slowed her down well before dropping the flaps? My flaps are set at the mm mentioned in the manual and only have about 4% elevator mix at full flaps. No ballooning seen at all. She's pretty light, so too much airspeed at deployment will make her pop up. Also might want to try having the flaps deploy at a 2 second speed if your transmitter has that capability. Makes them come down gradual instead of popping down suddenly. It helps.

Just an additional note: Some have reported that going more than a 2 second transition time on the flaps has caused some flap glitches. 2 seconds is my normal set-up, so have not seen any.
                                        yep, mine are slow deployment. no issues. Mostly it was my own dumbness for forgetting to put down in the settings. I usually do it, but my radio had to go back to Horizon for a firmware update as it was bricked due to their update. thought I had checked everything, just missed it

Comment

• Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
                                          Does this plane come with a pilot ? If not, which one are you guys using ?
                                          mcdonalds happy meal minions

Comment

Working...
                                          X