X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    starcop & Griffon Wings, There are myriad others who have accomplished much more. I will say that it is a rare thing when we have that epiphany and humbly realize how little we know. Best, LB
    It from guidance and, being prepared to know the difference. No such thing as Luck! When you enjoy when people smile, it should ring a smile back. Friendships are so important in life. (134) E-Flite Carbon Z Prometheus Taking It To The Limit! Fun Flight And Review by Merry Boozer RC - YouTube something to share with you.

Comment

• Does anybody make parts to make the canopy open on the A-10?? Thank you. John

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
        Does anybody make parts to make the canopy open on the A-10?? Thank you. John
        See post below...scroll up to 9910 and read down to 9918 for more info and possible contacts who might help.

Mar 30, 2020, 06:07 AM

Comment

• Does anyone know where to find an stl for modified exhaust nozzle to correct thrust line? Originally I had seen a post about them but the links to thingiverse returned 404 so I have searched and searched but no luck yet. Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsec View Post
            Does anyone know where to find an stl for modified exhaust nozzle to correct thrust line? Originally I had seen a post about them but the links to thingiverse returned 404 so I have searched and searched but no luck yet. Thanks!!
            CS, were the A-10a nozzles you are looking for on Thingiverse, designed by Dirty Dee?

If so, DD has smartly moved all his designs to the Cults3D website.

Check there anyway, his nozzle design is top-notch.

Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks!! I will check it out.

Comment

• Highly recommended!

Replacement of the stock thrust tube to a more scale appearance. Added upthrust to help reduce down pitching with throttle applied.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	1456
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	389243

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                  Highly recommended!

Replacement of the stock thrust tube to a more scale appearance. Added upthrust to help reduce down pitching with throttle applied.

RG, I know, right?! What's not to like?! Thanks for including the the URL. Corsec, these nozzles by Dirty Dee are great and a drop-in install. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Went to print them and my x axis motor crapped out. Ah well. Next weekend!!!

Comment

• Elbee
                      Elbee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      CS, now that truly sucks. Best, LB

• Got the printer running again. Side note, stepper motor Anti-corrosion coating had began to come off stator and was causing excessive dragging this the motor issue, ultrasonic cleaner for a couple minutes and clean up with a plastic bristle brush runs like a champ again.
                    Got the nozzles printed. But how to remove the stock nozzles without tearing up foam? Any pointers? They seem to be glued in? I can’t see any glue but they are firmly in place. Get rough with it? Or is there a secret to taking them out?

thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsec View Post
                      Got the printer running again. Side note, stepper motor Anti-corrosion coating had began to come off stator and was causing excessive dragging this the motor issue, ultrasonic cleaner for a couple minutes and clean up with a plastic bristle brush runs like a champ again.
                      Got the nozzles printed. But how to remove the stock nozzles without tearing up foam? Any pointers? They seem to be glued in? I can’t see any glue but they are firmly in place. Get rough with it? Or is there a secret to taking them out?

thanks!!
                      CS, As I recall, I cut the OEM nozzles in a couple places fore to aft. I pried up on an edge without much damage. In any event, clean up was minimal and not much shows after you reassemble the nacelles . Hope I've helped. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, thank you sir. I went ahead after reading your post and just worked around the edge with x-acto and then worked the nozzle around some. It did come loose with a little paint :-) but as you say nothing shows with the new nozzle in place. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                        X