X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R,
    I mount the rear batt as far back as possible and then butt the front batt as tight as possible against the rear batt. They are 803g ea. The 5800's are 780g ea. Both options work great. Never really technically measured CG outside of the two finger method.

Going to test in the A4. Should be fine. Pat is using them without any issues.

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• the white nose gear door part popped off on me again..this time I didn't notice it till I was home... so decided to fix it once and forall ..so far its working..haven't field tested it yet. just used a spare ball joint with a control horn screw on the end.. screwed it into the strut and put some CA there to keep it from rotating from vibration
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
        the white nose gear door part popped off on me again..this time I didn't notice it till I was home... so decided to fix it once and forall ..so far its working..haven't field tested it yet. just used a spare ball joint with a control horn screw on the end.. screwed it into the strut and put some CA there to keep it from rotating from vibration
        Good idea! Let us know how it works.

Comment

• got to test this out over the weekend...works great..had two flights in with no issues....for that part anyway... I still managed to bounce it...again...looks like I might have damaged the nose retract..very floppy now, so got to take it apart and see what I did. ...first flight..pewfect..second flight., needed just a tad bit more power...
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I 3D printed some functioning vents to replace the 4 that are molded into the fuselage. I'm debating doing the same with the inlets, but those might be a bit harder. I've attached the STL files for anyone who wants to do the same.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Those look great! For those who can't print them like, ahem, yours truly, are you willing to print up a couple sets and if so how much?

Comment

• Sure! Does $5 plus shipping work? I'll have to see if these can safely ship in a padded envelope or if it will need a small flat rate box.

I've got some more A-10A specific details planned over the next few weeks if you are interested. I'll post those as I finish them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                  Sure! Does $5 plus shipping work? I'll have to see if these can safely ship in a padded envelope or if it will need a small flat rate box.

I've got some more A-10A specific details planned over the next few weeks if you are interested. I'll post those as I finish them.
                  Excellent! Yes, please do. This is something that is going to become more common place. I am going to try and get a 3D printer myself soon. Any recommendations? Check on the shipping and let me know. I definitely would like two sets.

Comment

• I have a Josef Prusa MK2S, and they just released their MK3 with some major improvements.https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/17-3d-printers

I'll check out shipping early this week for you.

Comment

• Looks like a darn good printer. Very high ratings and good reviews. Do you anticipate the MK3 to be even better?

Comment

• Absolutely. I was contemplating upgrading my MK2S to a MK3, but I might just purchase the MK2.5S upgrade kit to get the magnetic removable PEI sheet. I really want the aluminum extruded Y-axis, but it would basically mean buying $500 worth of parts to build the MK3 as it is a major revision.

Its very easy to assemble, so I'd say look at buying a kit to save on cost.

Comment

• And some more details and supplied STL codes. Gun Gas Purge Vents.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Man, where were you when I was making mine from scratch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                              And some more details and supplied STL codes. Gun Gas Purge Vents.
                              The easiest way I have found to share Work is by posting it on thingaverse. It’s a awesome site.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Man, where were you when I was making mine from scratch?
                                You got yours early :^)

Topshot19, I'll have to give that site a look.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                  The last bit of exterior detail I had to complete before painting is now done. No ladder yet but the box and door are made as well as the vent covers just ahead of it. Paint goes on tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_230446.jpg
Views:	1373
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	76059

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_230439.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	76060
                                  All though nice scoops, I had the fleet remove them due to gun exhaust interference with the AOA. All A-10C PE's had them along with Pave Penny removed.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Czonio, and thank you for your service and sacrifice! Which unit were you attached to?
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Czonio View Post

All though nice scoops, I had the fleet remove them due to gun exhaust interference with the AOA. All A-10C PE's had them along with Pave Penny removed.
                                      Agreed. However the Euro Green one I moddled was the last A-10A made and did have them. The Pave Penny was missing from it. Welcome to the Squawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Czonio, and thank you for your service and sacrifice! Which unit were you attached to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Czonio View Post

Hey fellow Aeros member, Welcome to Hobby Squawk:Cool:. Good group here.Your full scale experience with the A-10 will be valuable to the detail oriented RC A-10 builders here. Along with the Squawkers that have also flown the full scale bird as well.
                                          Tony

Comment

Working...
                                          X