X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
    Let us hear how they hold up. I bought a set to test out also then also placed an order to Andy for two sets of the RT 6250's. Could be a possible alternate battery if they don't start dropping cells.
    So far so good. The packs he got were used by a club member who got out of EDF's for turbines. He's got a number of flights on them now and no issues I ordered a set for my A-10. They need to be set back further of course to get the CG and the canopy needs to be shaved a tad to fit.. Of course your mileage may vary as we all have different views on how low to take a pack discharge wise and if your a full throttle flight kinda guy.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• RCjetdude, what is that shock absorber that I see mounted to the mains?

Comment

• It is an RC car shock intended to dampen the springs. It is documented on the RCG A-10 thread.

Comment

• Drop tank loosely attached to the belly of the gray A-10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170813_234504.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	92589

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            It is an RC car shock intended to dampen the springs. It is documented on the RCG A-10 thread.
            How have they been working for you? Just received mine today so hope to get installed this weekend. Did you follow the "originators" advice regarding oil weights etc., and did you fill the front strut as well?
            Thanks Steve!
            Tom

Comment

• I put them to the test on a paved runway this past weekend and I was intentionally trying to muff the landings. It still bounced and I eventually sheared the nose strut pin. Fortunately the nose dug into some pretty soft mud on the edge of the runway and no significant damage was done. I think I need to add some more of the heavy grease because after flying it they field a little too springy to me so still experimenting. I wouldn't call them a fix just yet but also can't rule out that they will not improve as well.

Comment

• Got three flights on mine this evening with the reversed struts...all three smooth as silk...:Whew:
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Centerline tank is done. I hope to give it a try tomorrow.

Name:	20170814_184150.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	92681

Comment

• Reversed struts, must have missed something...
                    12 hour shifts will do that to you...
                    Please elaborate...
                    Did you reverse the mains???

Comment

• George, I will be trying that next on the Rat Hawg...

Comment

George, I will be trying that next on the Rat Hawg...
                        For tomorrow?
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                          Reversed struts, must have missed something...
                          Please elaborate...
                          Yes, it's in the other thread.
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                            Reversed struts, must have missed something...
                            Please elaborate...
                            Here you go!
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Ok, my Maverick rails were made from 1/2" x 5/16" bass wood strips cut to 8-3/8" long. In the photos you can see how I cut down the front and where I added the styrene plates. The front of the bracket that holds the missile is located 2-1/8" from the front edge of the rail. The top mounting bracket it centered with the bottom one. I cut a grove with a Dremel cut-off disk down the center to secure the bracket. You need to remove material accordingly to fit the lower bracket. After the Top bracket was in place I used a razor saw to remove a section of it to be replaced by the styrene plate. The styrene plates I bent down slightly after gluing them on. I used Fix-it-stick plumbers epoxy putty to blend the front edge of the forward plate. I added a small block of Bass wood to the back of the rail and gave it a shot of gray auto primer.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20170814_193026.jpg Views:	1 Size:	247.7 KB ID:	92694

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170814_193042.jpg Views:	1 Size:	281.3 KB ID:	92695

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170814_193051.jpg Views:	1 Size:	241.6 KB ID:	92696

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170814_193238.jpg Views:	1 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	92697

Comment

• You rock Steve!!!! Besides the detailed scratch Mav's, these will be great.

Comment

Drop tank loosely attached to the belly of the gray A-10.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170813_234504.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.7 KB ID:	92589
                                  I debated to do the one tank but went with two, yours looks great though, the A-10 actually had one tank like yours down the middle and some did have two tanks as well, I do like the one tank maybe better, oh well, you will like the looks of it when your in the air, my A-10 had no trouble with two so your one will be fine I'm sure.

Name:	DSCN1267[1].JPG
Views:	538
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	92728

Comment

• Thanks DC. I am going to fly my Blacksnakes on 6S tomorrow just to see how it behaves. If the weather permits that is. I think it will handle the drop tank no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

For tomorrow?
                                      Not enough time to make the switch tonight.

Comment

Not enough time to make the switch tonight.
                                        Ten minutes...
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Your LAU-117 rail inspired me to work on a 3D printed one. I am close to making the locking tabs and receiver working with the Freewing ones, but I just need a bit more tweaking with the dimensions. I'll be sharing the STL file when it is done.

Comment

Working...
                                          X