X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

:)Just trying to make it sound good.. I'm just bidding on the high side. Aren't we playing "The Price is Right"? I'm hoping for $199 but just hedging my bet.
    That depends on who's side of the price is right your playing on...
    Any one else wonder why so long on an introductory price...
    Just saying....

Comment

• My guess would be $359-$399, I don't really care, just thought I would guess like others have done, I need something new, my A-10 is old already..............:)

Comment

• My guess would be preorders at $329 and regular price at $359.00. My reason is the cost of new planes are going up due to demand and the economy doing so well. Yes I know it's an 80mm jet and the Avanti is the newest non-twin EDF, but the A-4 Skyhawk is larger than the Avanti according to the pictures, so that's mean more money to produce and provide the ordinance that comes with it. I remember everyone was complaining about the A-10 80mm cost at preorders and the ordinance that came with it at $549. Now the A-10 ordinance alone is $89.00 ,not to mention the A-10 cost of $599. So let's be more understanding of the cost and technology to make these beautiful jets !! Continue to Thank Alpha and the Motion RC Staff for working with Freewing in producing these Dream Machines !!!:Cool:

Comment

• I am a bit disappointed in the pricing for the A-10 ordinance . I like the ordinance and have them but $90? C'mon guys ! A pretty quick cost recovery for the molds, wouldn't ya say?
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I am going with $369 full price. I just want to see the pre-order.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              I am a bit disappointed in the pricing for the A-10 ordinance . I like the ordinance and have them but $90? C'mon guys ! A pretty quick cost recovery for the molds, wouldn't ya say?
              I was a lot disappointed in the price of ordnance. When the pre-order price on the A-10 was bumped to $549 part of the description included "includes ordnance a $50 value" to ease the sting there. Then once it hit the spare parts price of $90. Ridiculous.
              For me the A-4 will be price motivated. If it costs more than the Mig and Avanti, I won't be among the customers for it. I have enough Freewing models to fly for a long time as long as spare parts are available for them.
              All price speculation does is give incentive to run the price up and leaves me to wonder if delaying the order page is just a strategy to see what the price can be bumped to without losing the market.
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

I was a lot disappointed in the price of ordnance. When the pre-order price on the A-10 was bumped to $549 part of the description included "includes ordnance a $50 value" to ease the sting there. Then once it hit the spare parts price of $90. Ridiculous.
                For me the A-4 will be price motivated. If it costs more than the Mig and Avanti, I won't be among the customers for it. I have enough Freewing models to fly for a long time as long as spare parts are available for them.
                All price speculation does is give incentive to run the price up and leaves me to wonder if delaying the order page is just a strategy to see what the price can be bumped to without losing the market.
                Exactly, makes me wonder if some of these guys comments on here are really customers and not company... One guy says what a great armaments package, what armaments, were talking two bombs and wing tanks.
                I appreciate MRC very much, and like the looks of the A-4 but not gonna over pay for it..
                Not that I can't afford it, I have a F-7, Stinger 90, 2 Avanti, and 2 A-10's. Maybe the more purchases made from MRC you should get a loyalty program discount....???

Comment

• I fully agree with you on that last statement Tom. I don't even want to think about how many dollars I've sent Motion over the past couple of years. It's enough that on a purchase based merit system that I should qualify for a healthy discount though. :Silly:

Comment

• Hmmmm, let's see my purchases from last yr, 2-90mm T-45's, 1-80mm F-14 Tomcat, 2-90mm F-15's, 1-80mm F-5, 1-80mm A-10, 1-90mm Eurofighter, 1-90mm F-18, 2-90mm F-16's, 1-90mm F-104, I do believe I should get one free................:)

I think this A-4 will be priced fair, not to worry guys, MRC will take care of us......:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                      Hmmmm, let's see my purchases from last yr......... I do believe I should get one free................:)
                      If that's the case I should I should be part owner :Scared:
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Can't wait for this baby to come to market, got my decals and paint sorted for her arrival! Can't go past the 1985 RNZAF scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          My guess would be $359-$399, I don't really care, just thought I would guess like others have done, I need something new, my A-10 is old already..............:)
                          If they start pushing the 80mm pricing past $329-$349... That's going to defeat the whole purpose of the class.

You can get a lot of 90mm planes for that price!

Comment

• Don't make the same mistake I just made. I decided to go through my order history here and since my 1st purchase of a Stinger 90 in April of 2014 have contributed $6657.63 to supporting my addiction.(And that's just what has been spent with Motion)

Comment

Don't make the same mistake I just made. I decided to go through my order history here and since my 1st purchase of a Stinger 90 in April of 2014 have contributed $6657.63 to supporting my addiction.(And that's just what has been spent with Motion)

$7633.42 in the last year...I need help :Sick2:
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Lest we all forgot that MRC may have some influence on the MSRP but it IS Freewing that sets the market price.
                                If it is priced inappropriately, the consumer speaks via the wallet.
                                Having been a purchasing manager during my corporate years, I have a rather good concept of where this price should be based on closely similar products.
                                I remember when this pricing talk occurred before the FMS 1400 P-40B was released.
                                I spoke out about my thoughts but was slammed by the fanboy experts( not here but the other site)
                                It started at $360 and then escalated to $399 during the HH deal and ended at $329. This price may be justifiable over the "Old Crow" $279 because of the 650kV upgraded motor.
                                I had originally stated $299 and I held off for better than a year until the industry came to it's senses.

Sooooo.........Freewing has the bigger wingspan A-6(1170) and F-86(1200) with 12 blade 80mm with drops for $299.
                                I'll just leave that statement as food for thought concerning this A-4.;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Don't make the same mistake I just made. I decided to go through my order history here and since my 1st purchase of a Stinger 90 in April of 2014 have contributed $6657.63 to supporting my addiction.(And that's just what has been spent with Motion)
                                  Oh I KNOW I'm north of 15k... Doesn't really matter though, I just want fair pricing for the 80mm class.

Comment

• Wheeew, don't feel so bad now, you guys have spent way more than me........LOL

Okay, changed my price range to $329-$359 for the little Scooter...........:Cool:

Comment

• Beautiful Aircraft!

Comment

• Yes .... Over spent a bit as well.... but I am obsessed with the A-4... and I will own an F-14. and that will be the last one.... HA!!! Purchase history on Motion's site is a sobering experience!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Other than early development and the A-4S did any A-4's not have a fuel probe?

Comment

Working...
                                          X