Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles
    replied
    It is a Freewing mug I didn’t know were to ask I just purchased one today and I forgot to find out what the best gyro to get with my Futaba..

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Charles There is a Mig 29 thread, you should post your question there, someone might have a specific recommendation. Is it a Freewing Mig 29 or an Arrows Mig 29? BTW, Motion does sell gyro's, quite a variety, even the 6 axis. Or If you run a Spektrum transmitter you could get one with Safe/AS3X.

Leave a comment:

• Charles
    replied
    Would someone please tell me what Gyro to purchase for my Meg 29 ?

Leave a comment:

• Cape Jets
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Nice flight, welcome to the F-18 Club! Where did you end up balancing it? I think the manual states 88mm, but I felt that was too nose heavy. I'm flying both of mine at about 104mm, and there are a few (maybe only 1 who's from Spain and seems to be way too good for my level ) who flies it further aft then 110mm. A gyro helps calm it down a bit. I'm using a 6200 mah SMC HiV (one of the F-18's ESC needed to be reprogrammed to handle it) and get 5 minutes of flight time! Whoopi! Love this bird!
    Hey Hugh, What ESC are you using for the F-18? What did you do to the ESC program for the SMC? Thx...

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    commented on 's reply
    No problemo.

• Aros
    replied
    Thanks buddy! I ended up buying the wing set (don't ask don't tell lol) which comes with them. With my history with this bird I may take you up on an assist somewhere down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros View Post
    Does anyone have a set of the BA wingtip missiles they are willing to sell? Asking for a friend.
    Aros, I have rails and I can do missiles. If I am able to assist let me know, though Evan D is in the queue ahead of me. Best, Steve

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Are you asking for the missiles or rails? The plane did not come with missiles.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Does anyone have a set of the BA wingtip missiles they are willing to sell? Asking for a friend.

Leave a comment:

• billsplanevideos
    replied
    Thanks! Yes I had read 88mm was a bit nose heavy so I balanced mine at 95mm and I was pretty happy with that. I’m using 5200s with a throttle above 25% timer at 3:30 which seemed about right landing at 3.7 v per cell. Top speed in a dive was 117mph, it’s the fastest jet I’ve flown. My bae hawk hit 114 but felt faster. Landing was not difficult, it comes in very similar to my 70mm yak 130, the narrow gear of the f18 requires a little more aileron work to keep it nice and level. Also flying with no gyro.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by billsplanevideos View Post
    https://youtu.be/oe5QE4R-1gk

I finally put my F18 in the air yesterday.
    Nice flight, welcome to the F-18 Club! Where did you end up balancing it? I think the manual states 88mm, but I felt that was too nose heavy. I'm flying both of mine at about 104mm, and there are a few (maybe only 1 who's from Spain and seems to be way too good for my level ) who flies it further aft then 110mm. A gyro helps calm it down a bit. I'm using a 6200 mah SMC HiV (one of the F-18's ESC needed to be reprogrammed to handle it) and get 5 minutes of flight time! Whoopi! Love this bird!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Aros Whoa...

billsplanevideos , Congrats on your first check flight. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Nice filght. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• billsplanevideos
    replied

I finally put my F18 in the air yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Fairly certain this is actual video of one of my many crashes.

The pilot managed to eject from the aircraft just seconds before the jet went down inside an air force base in Spain, according to Reuters.

(All seriousness, very happy to hear the pilot ejected safely).

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Welcome to The Squawk Paul! Nice work on your Hornet!

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulH64 View Post
    My first Freewing plane and its a good flying plane.
    PH, Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Great work on your Hornet. Looking forward to more posts. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulH64 View Post
    Great weathering Paul! Really well done. Welcome to the squawk

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I agree!

Welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• PaulH64
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ironside
    replied
    Anyone have the manual for the JL F-18 Turbine Conversion Kit?

Novajets specializes in small jet kits, turbine conversion kits, and is a Swiwin engine dealer. Specializing in premium professional products and accessories for building, flying, and repairing radio control airplanes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X