Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We finally got some flyable weather, so here is my maiden flight with this great RC Jet!

Comment

• My wife just sent me a picture. I think I need to get home early today .

Comment

• and mine was delivered just 5 mins ago
        https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Mine arrived as well. The good thing is that the decals for the wing bottom were delivered with the kit. The bad thing is that the colours for the German version are pretty inaccurate. I will do a re-paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

The bottom color is RAL 7001 (a German color designation standard), it is a light grey.
            https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alt...&cRef=RAL+7001

I wonder if the top side are correct, it looks like those were taken from an aircraft exposed to the sun for a looong time. Correct colors would be RAL 6014 and RAL 7012. There are more decals missing than just the two crosses
            Some Corel Draw work today...

BTW, those contain the correct serial number of 94+55

Click image for larger version Name:	Decals 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	226932Click image for larger version Name:	Decals 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	226933
            Any chance I could get an uncompressed version of these markings? The jpg format has blurred some of the text.

Thank you, and glad you got your T-33 finally.

​​​​​​

Comment

• I will release a couple of files (.stl and .cdr) here once my make over is done.

Comment

• Got a good video of Nate's LED Nav light upgrade on his plane... take a look!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Check out the maiden of my T33!

Comment

I will release a couple of files (.stl and .cdr) here once my make over is done.
                    awesome , great work on the decal set man

Comment

I will release a couple of files (.stl and .cdr) here once my make over is done.
                      The scale police never sleeps😂

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3483.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	234873
                        Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Thought this might be helpful for touch ups... Haven't tried it yet to see if it matches, but it should be close...

https://www.megahobby.com/products/a...teractive.html
                        I don't think that it's useful for touch ups. I'm using this set to get a more accurate look.

Comment

• First of my mods, making the main wheels more scale and getting rid of squeaking wheels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3484.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	234875Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3486.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	234876 Click image for larger version

Name:	luke-127.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	234878

Comment

• Returning home early didn't work today . Nevertheless I couldn't resist opening the box when arriving at home.

Keep calm: no new unboxing videos, no additional photos of German Luftwaffe design!

So far it's looking good. Not perfect because of wrinkles in two decals but - who's perfect? Not me! And you will not see it from 1m distance.

For the time being I don't plan to do modifications on this bird. I'm not a scale junkie. But - maybe I will add the landing light ... But first I will try out the flying behaviour. According to the vidoes I watched it will be an easy trial.

What I will do is installing a GRAUPNER GR-18 receiver because it comes with a build in GYRO . Don't want to start the discussion again but our flying field has some high trees on the south side which create some heavy turbulences when having stronger wind. Already had some critical situations because of the turbulences.
                            To also hit the second discussion - I'm using a GRAUPNER MC-32 remote control .

And I will definitivly install a Unisens-E. This tiny module allows to follow the capacity used so that I have always a save margin even with different flight styles. And maybe I will exchange the multi pin connectors by MPX style plugs that seem more durable to me. And last but not least I need to modify the battery connector as I'm using XT types on all batteries (XT90 for 6S 5000 mAh).

So plenty of things to do before maiden. This will take a while because I only have time on weekends for my hobby. And the weather in Germany -

Comment

• Guy's, does anyone have the actual dimensions of mains and nose wheel for the t-33 or a sight where I can find that info. Also, thinking down the road towards an F-80, the dimensions of the drop tanks, length and diameter.
                              thanks for any info ..........

Comment

First of my mods, making the main wheels more scale and getting rid of squeaking wheels.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3484.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	234875Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3486.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	234876 Click image for larger version

Oh man....ima need some of those!! :o

Comment

First of my mods, making the main wheels more scale and getting rid of squeaking wheels.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3484.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	234875Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3486.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	234876 Click image for larger version

Very nice work on the wheels man

Comment

• Been enjoying this new T-bird. Probably had 10 flights to date and love its flight characteristics. I really wish the main gear had springs that weren't quite so stiff. If you land hard enough to stretch those springs, they will bounce you right back up! Discovered this during a flight in gusty conditions. Not a happy result!

Comment

• Originally posted by flazz View Post
                                      Guy's, does anyone have the actual dimensions of mains and nose wheel for the t-33 or a sight where I can find that info. Also, thinking down the road towards an F-80, the dimensions of the drop tanks, length and diameter.
                                      thanks for any info ..........
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	F80_Arrangment.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	234982
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the pic Beeg. That's good info on the P-80. Do you have the site address for that drawing? Also, the dimensions of the tires for the T-33 may be different because of the increased weight being a trainer... not sure of that, just a guess.

Comment

• P80 and t33 used same gear and wheels/tires

Comment

Working...
                                          X