Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race 22 Crew Thanks for the vids and excellent work, Sir. Nicely done. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	239282 Finally completed my USAF conversion! Maiden was flawless.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Have now witnessed 4 T-33's at our field. All flew great. But 3 out 4 had LG(Mains) fall out on landing. Poor glue job in China. Nevertheless, I bit the bullet and order the German version. Arrives Friday. Maiden on Sunday.
        With the coronavirus still looming and no end in sight, getting shipments out of China is going to be difficult for a while. Of course this crisis applies to just about anything. The Chinese Supply Chain is a mess.

I saw the new HSD T-33 this week. The first one in the US. Still in final testing, Wow ! She's a beaute. 120mm EDF. 15#'s thrust. Again, Wow ! Same airframe as their turbine version. Makes the Freewing look pale in comparison but it's also 3X the cost. A completely different category. Hopefully, Andy from RCjetwerx will bring it to Jet Jam in June for all to see.

Click image for larger version Name:	HSD T33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	236349
        That is one impressive T-33 from HSD, but I was disappointed that they did not give their model the correct scale dihedral. Makes the wings look droopy. Also, they made an error on the location of the fins on the wing tanks: too far forward. That at least would be easy to fix.

Will not matter to a lot of people, just the picky scale types. I like it enough that I am still thinking about buying one, but would have to redo the wing joiners to get the correct dihedral and move that pesky tank fin.

Comment

• It’s not much of a mod, but I’ve added a FrSky pitot tube to my T-33, to get real-time airspeed telemetered down. I also installed a FrSky GPS sensor, to get ground speed, altitude, and distance. The GPS data probably won’t be very accurate, but I’m looking forward to getting the airspeed and ground data during flight.

---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotonic, to me that is one of the more practical mods -- something useful when flying the model versus say a super detailed cockpit -- each to his own I guess.

Re the comment about the China Supply Chain, maybe a good time for all of us to rethink our sources of design and manufacture, heaven forbid, even from the USA ?

Comment

• So when Ox was putting in the airspeed sensor tube, he said there are weights in the nose. Dug into mine today and found 4 of them. So, for those that want to remove your nose weights, it's a quick 20 minute procedure. Take a sharp knife and cut the nose cone away from the fuse. There is a weight on the cut line, just make sure you cut the foam all the way to it. The nose will then pull off along with two of the weights. Trim the foam around the front weight to remove them from the nose cone. They should come out as a pair as they are glued together.

Looking into the fuse you will see one of the two remaining weights. Trim the foam around the visible one, then use needle nose pliers to carefully remove it (these two should not be glued together, so remove one at a time). You'll then see the final weight above the one you removed. Trim the foam around that one and pull it out as well.

Finally, glue the nose cone back on and you're done! Total weight removed is 3 ounces. I'm using a RoaringTop 6250 in mine pushed all the way back to the blue box. I don't need the extra weight .
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5363.JPG
Views:	1405
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	239999Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5359.JPG
Views:	1388
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	240000Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5362.JPG
Views:	1448
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	240001Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5361.JPG
Views:	1371
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	240002Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5360.JPG
Views:	1378
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	240003
              Pat

Comment

• She’s got a bite now

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcannon View Post
                  She’s got a bite now
                  Quite an overbite, too. :-)
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DAE18624-7D5D-4543-9142-0EACC5EA35BA.jpeg
Views:	1438
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	240112 Thanks ELBEE, appreciate the BZ. You are correct, I used the LED Light kits from the Freewing L39 and A10 and the A10 plastic lens kit. Didn’t end up using the L39 lens kit on this one

Comment

• Thanks Race 22
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Today at the field. Mine is on the left.

Comment

• This T-33 has been absolutely phenomenal. I didn't even have plans to purchase this aircraft, but now that I own it I have been having a blast flying it. This weekend will make for 49 flights in and I'm looking forward to more.

Comment

• Got my speed brakes finished. Will post video later tonight. Thanks again escargot for the CAD work!

Comment

• Nice avatar pic Joe.

Originally posted by avanti127 View Post
                              Got my speed brakes finished. Will post video later tonight. Thanks again escargot for the CAD work!

Comment

• Jack, did you paint those teeth or is it a Callie decal -- very nice added touch.

Comment

• Total weight removed is 3 ounces. I'm using a RoaringTop 6250 in mine pushed all the way back to the blue box. I don't need the extra weight .
                                  I never would have guessed there was weight in this one, let alone 3 oz. -- I'm using the same lipo as you, pushed all the way back. Surgery may be in order...

Comment

• Flew my T-33 today with the nose weight removed. I was able to push my 6250 pack all the way to the front to move the CG to about 5mm behind the book setting (I was flying it in the same spot previously, so I knew this CG would work). Got 3 flights in and no issues at all. Didn't really seem to make a difference in flight performance, but good to loose the dead weight regardless.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                                      Jack, did you paint those teeth or is it a Callie decal -- very nice added touch.
                                      He told me he ordered from Callie.

Comment

• I think I must be breaking the sound barrier too often... I'm about 40 flights in, really loving this bird....but the paint is crap. Every time I view her after I land it seems like I lost more paint off her! The trailing edge of my elevator is now completely white foam! The other place that's really going bald is the edge of the fuselage around the canopy. To compare, my F-86 80mm which is 5 years old hasn't had one flake of paint lost and it literally has hundreds of flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                                          I think I must be breaking the sound barrier too often... I'm about 40 flights in, really loving this bird....but the paint is crap. Every time I view her after I land it seems like I lost more paint off her! The trailing edge of my elevator is now completely white foam! The other place that's really going bald is the edge of the fuselage around the canopy. To compare, my F-86 80mm which is 5 years old hasn't had one flake of paint lost and it literally has hundreds of flights.
                                          Which scheme do you have? USAF or Luftwaffe?

Comment

Working...
                                          X