Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• althepal88. What color are you going to repaint? If the otb red is needed, take a flat surface with the color on it to Home Depot. They will match it near perfect in a small sample container for only $4.00 +/-. Did this when I scraped the red on the wingtip tanks. Have to strain my eyes to tell the difference. If silver there is a Rustoleum that is as close as can be. I have used it on other FW silver finish jets. I will look in my stash to see which one it is.

Comment

• She's more or less complete! Just a few water slide decals left on my repaint of the Freewing T-33.

This one started off life as a German scheme - sprayed with Rustoleum 2X. Decals by Callie, of course.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
        She's more or less complete! Just a few water slide decals left on my repaint of the Freewing T-33.

This one started off life as a German scheme - sprayed with Rustoleum 2X. Decals by Callie, of course.
        Very nice!

Comment

• I knew she was clipping along fast at the higher density altitudes here in Salt Lake City, so I got a GPS to see how fast she was moving.

Its ONLY GPS speed, so that included tailwinds and dives.

150mph on a STOCK EDF is impressive none the less.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Stock tailpipe?
            I tried a slightly necked down exhaust here at my field in Denver (~5400'MSL) and did *not* get the same amazing results we saw in Phoenix (~1200'MSL). Ended up going back to a stock tailpipe.

It appears Alpha has got the proportions dead-on for the majority of the customer base.

If you live at 3000'MSL or less (guesstimate), you can enjoy better acceleration, slightly higher top end (about 6mph) and slightly lower amp draw by necking the tailpipe down to 2.5" exhaust diameter.

Vic

Comment

Stock tailpipe?
              I tried a slightly necked down exhaust here at my field in Denver (~5400'MSL) and did *not* get the same amazing results we saw in Phoenix (~1200'MSL). Ended up going back to a stock tailpipe.

It appears Alpha has got the proportions dead-on for the majority of the customer base.

If you live at 3000'MSL or less (guesstimate), you can enjoy better acceleration, slightly higher top end (about 6mph) and slightly lower amp draw by necking the tailpipe down to 2.5" exhaust diameter.

Vic
              Yeah, didn’t mod my tailpipe. Thing is still MOVING on these RT batteries.

Comment

• Oh yeah. Love me some RT packs!
                Just took the nose weights out of mine so I can run 6250's 😎

Comment

Oh yeah. Love me some RT packs!
                  Just took the nose weights out of mine so I can run 6250's 😎
                  Yep, I did the same and run the same packs. She's a speed demon for sure, and now with 3 oz less dead weight. My 6250 moved from the edge of the blue box to the front of the battery tray to make CG. Flew it several times down in Tucson a few weeks ago, no issues.
                  Pat

Comment

• After hanging from my garage ceiling for a couple of months, finally managed a maiden this morning. It does fly as well as everyone has indicated.

Comment

She's more or less complete! Just a few water slide decals left on my repaint of the Freewing T-33.

Great repaint, Ace.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        After hanging from my garage ceiling for a couple of months, finally managed a maiden this morning. It does fly as well as everyone has indicated.

Mission accomplished! Great flight. That weather looked and sounded cold . Ha-ha

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Mission accomplished! Great flight. That weather looked and sounded cold . Ha-ha
                          It was the warmest it's been all winter. I actually over-dressed.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              It was the warmest it's been all winter. I actually over-dressed.
                              Doesn't look like your normal flying area, much better place to launch except for that coooooold
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Doesn't look like your normal flying area, much better place to launch except for that coooooold
                                Today was almost like "summer". Tomorrow, winter comes back with a vengeance. Snow, snow and more snow.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EDF80F4A-3194-429B-8012-CADE3DC80367.jpeg
Views:	1085
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	248135 Finally the weather cooperated for a few more flights along with its brother. Click image for larger version

Name:	FE232BA5-3D82-4DCE-A48E-E5AFF1FCA0FA.jpeg
Views:	1069
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	248134

Comment

• With some of the extra time that many of us have now, I finally started the T-33 to P-80 conversion I mentioned on here a couple of months ago.

A couple of hours with some very sharp and very thin knife blades had the T-33 fuselage separated into five sections. The picture below shows the P-80 fuse parts assembled for a fit check Very little blending needed on the front joint and just a little more on the aft joint. I removed the same amount from the canopy hatch as was removed from the forward fuselage.

The inlet ducting at the front joint will take some massaging to get smooth airflow, but will not be a huge amount of work.

The second picture shows the rear joint as it is being cleaned up a little before bonding.

More to come from time to time.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                                      I finally started the T-33 to P-80 conversion I mentioned on here a couple of months ago. More to come from time to time.
                                      T2, You are a man after my own heart. Nice work on the initial surgery, Dr. Looking forward to the follow-up. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey All,

I am really interested in purchasing the T33 as my first EDF. However after reading a lot of the comments on Motion RC website, although reviewed as a good jet, there is a common theme about the landing gear.

It seems in particular if you fly off grass, the extra strain on the gear is causing the mains to become detached (lack of glue seems the reported issue). This in turn is then causing the fuselage to get damaged.

I guess a question for everyone who owns one but also @Motionrc is have the factory changed anything (perhaps the amount of glue used) to ensure that the issue of the main gear becoming detached doesn’t happen anymore... within reason!

Many thanks and hopefully MotionRC/Alpha see this comment/question!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam1985 View Post
                                          Hey All,

I am really interested in purchasing the T33 as my first EDF. However after reading a lot of the comments on Motion RC website, although reviewed as a good jet, there is a common theme about the landing gear.

It seems in particular if you fly off grass, the extra strain on the gear is causing the mains to become detached (lack of glue seems the reported issue). This in turn is then causing the fuselage to get damaged.

I guess a question for everyone who owns one but also @Motionrc is have the factory changed anything (perhaps the amount of glue used) to ensure that the issue of the main gear becoming detached doesn’t happen anymore... within reason!

Many thanks and hopefully MotionRC/Alpha see this comment/question!
                                          Hi Adam,

I'm from the UK and fly off of grass but still have not managed to maiden my t33 as my first jet as i am under lockdown.This jet is a great first jet as i have been told that it is very stable due to large envelope and can cruise slowly for a jet.I too have heard about the gear issue but have had a fiddle with them and they seem very firm.Although i cannot give an extent to how study they are as i have not flown it yet.

Fred

Comment

Working...
                                          X